IGNORED

Team For England Vs Holland

JammyOne

What team would you like to see play Holland this Wednesday?

I'd like this:

................................Hart..........................

...................Smalling....Jones...................

Richards.......................................Baines

.....................Barry...Johnson...................

..Walcott.......................................Young..

...................................Sturridge...............

......................Welbeck.............................

SUBS: Green, Johnson, Cahill, Milner, Downing, Campbell.

What team would you like to see play Holland this Wednesday?

I'd like this:

................................Hart..........................

...................Smalling....Jones...................

Richards.......................................Baines

.....................Barry...Johnson...................

..Walcott.......................................Young..

...................................Sturridge...............

......................Welbeck.............................

SUBS: Green, Johnson, Cahill, Milner, Downing, Campbell.

what Johnson is in centre Mid? Lee?!

Hart

Richards Smalling Jones Cole

Parker Gerrard

Sturridge Young Walcott

Welbeck

People may wonder why I've included 3 wingers- well Young has played centrally before for a start, sometimes a Central winger can be a tool to deploy, useful one at that! Word of caution on Walcott, people say he's unplayable. Well he can be maybe, but his two best performances I've seen this year have come vs teams who have defended badly. He certainly did well in the 1st especially but both sides played into his hands! People who imply tactics don't matter, that's bullshit.

When Arsenal won 5-3 at Chelsea and Walcott was a key part of that, the home side played a ridiculously high line! Again yesterday, Tottenham had their issues at the back, perhaps helped by Redknapp's tactical naivety (two up front in a big away game, being too slow to change etc). Holland won't set up like that I'm sure. In fact, great though yesterday's game was it was yet another example of why English sides have started failing in Europe.

Hart

Richards Smalling Jones Cole

Parker Gerrard

Johnson Young Walcott

Welbeck

People may wonder why I've included 3 wingers- well Young has played centrally before for a start, sometimes a Central winger can be a tool to deploy, us

eful one at that! Word of caution on Walcott, people say he's unplayable. Well he can be maybe, but his two best performances I've seen this year have come vs teams who have defended badly.

When Arsenal won 5-3 at Chelsea and Walcott was a key part of that, the home side played a ridiculously high line! Again yesterday, Tottenham had their issues at the back, perhaps helped by Redknapp's tactical naivety (two up front in a big away game, being too slow to change etc). Holland won't set up like that I'm sure. In fact, great though yesterday's game was it was yet another example of why English sides have started failing in Europe once more.

Add to this, Walcott will not have the quality of service he gets from his England colleagues. He is like one of those Duracell bunnies.

Walcott showed yesterday why he wants to be played as a striker. The 2 times he played centrally he scored. However I think that Rooney and Welbeck is the best bet.

For me

Hart

Walker (Replace with Richards for the Euros)

Lescott

Cahill

Gibbs (Replace with Baines for the Euros)

Parker

Gerrard

Rooney

Sturrige

Welbeck

Oxlaide-Chamberlain (Replace with Young for the Euros)

Walcott showed yesterday why he wants to be played as a striker. The 2 times he played centrally he scored. However I think that Rooney and Welbeck is the best bet.

For me

Hart

Walker (Replace with Richards for the Euros)

Lescott

Cahill

Gibbs (Replace with Baines for the Euros)

Parker

Gerrard

Rooney

Sturrige

Welbeck

Oxlaide-Chamberlain (Replace with Young for the Euros)

What is it with welbeck? A lot of mentions, can't say I have ever seen anything in the guy, or sturridge to be honest. I just can't see what people see in him, its as if he plays for man u, pick him for England.

Chamberlain is raw, I think he does have something about him, I hope Wenger can nurture his talent.

Has he got the all round game to be a forward? Must be a reason he's always been deployed on the wing, but other than pace can't think of one massively. Pace deployed through the middle can be lethal though.

is he playing wing or right sided forward, I'm still unsure sometimes.

What is it with welbeck? A lot of mentions, can't say I have ever seen anything in the guy, or sturridge to be honest. I just can't see what people see in him, its as if he plays for man u, pick him for England.

Chamberlain is raw, I think he does have something about him, I hope Wenger can nurture his talent.

I'm with you on Welbeck, ridiculously over rated. It's quite funny looking at some of these players... When did we get this bad?

Still can't get my head around Frazier Campbell.

Archived