IGNORED

Sean Scannell - Target

City Loyal

why would mcmanus wood and davis want to come here?

I bet they are wondering the same thing :)

In all seriousness, if Scannell is looking for a move or just football I cannot see a reason why he wouldn't want to come here. But considering the bad blood in the past between City and Palace, would their board sanction it. I know Tango man is not there anymore.

Would be a good signing if he hits the ground running. Although I do worry about the number of Loans we have. Not sure it is a particulary good thing to have a large proportion of the starting line up as loans, especially if they are seeing us a a fitness excercise.

I bet they are wondering the same thing :)

In all seriousness, if Scannell is looking for a move or just football I cannot see a reason why he wouldn't want to come here. But considering the bad blood in the past between City and Palace, would their board sanction it. I know Tango man is not there anymore.

Would be a good signing if he hits the ground running. Although I do worry about the number of Loans we have. Not sure it is a particulary good thing to have a large proportion of the starting line up as loans, especially if they are seeing us a a fitness excercise.

the whole board there has gone now so I doubt the bad blood would come into effect

I'm not worried about the number of loans we have to be honest its somthing thats been moan at alot on here us not using the loan market,

If it helps us stay up I'm all for it, if we do stay up I would hazard a guess that McManus will sign for us

the whole board there has gone now so I doubt the bad blood would come into effect

I'm not worried about the number of loans we have to be honest its somthing thats been moan at alot on here us not using the loan market,

If it helps us stay up I'm all for it, if we do stay up I would hazard a guess that McManus will sign for us

It is a strange one, seems various managers have different feelings about the loan market.. Some disliking it for morale of the existing team, others liking it for getting better players at reduced wages. I am hoping Del can get a happy marrage between the two.

I would prefer it that any loans were with caveat that they will sign at the end of it, so they do have the neccessary fight to try and keep us up. That is my only worry about loans, when the chips are down, they don't have to worry as they have a parent club to go back to.

It is a strange one, seems various managers have different feelings about the loan market.. Some disliking it for morale of the existing team, others liking it for getting better players at reduced wages. I am hoping Del can get a happy marrage between the two.

I would prefer it that any loans were with caveat that they will sign at the end of it, so they do have the neccessary fight to try and keep us up. That is my only worry about loans, when the chips are down, they don't have to worry as they have a parent club to go back to.

True but the players we've signed are out of favour so have somthing to prove (McGiven and Spence aside who are not Del's signings and are not good enough),

Step Dad's a Crystal Palace fan, Sean Scannell is one of those players who you expect a lot from, but fails to deliver most of the time. Rarely scores goals, rarely creates chances and has a habit of drifting in and out of the game. Can't seem to get a look in, in palace's starting 11 at the moment either

Step Dad's a Crystal Palace fan, Sean Scannell is one of those players who you expect a lot from, but fails to deliver most of the time. Rarely scores goals, rarely creates chances and has a habit of drifting in and out of the game. Can't seem to get a look in, in palace's starting 11 at the moment either

isn't that young kid zymba or what ever he's called the one who ripped us to pieces keeping him out of the side?

What's his favoured position?

His Palace Bio has him listed as a forward, I have heard he prefers to play out wide!!!!!!! Is this a position we need to strengthen, or should be be looking for that creative player to partner the likes of the hard working Davies/Cisse/Elliott?

He played on the wing against us as i remember. Quality loan signing if we got him.

Am I the only one who thinks this side need some FKIN stability and a constant line up in order to stay up? I dont want to see any more loan signings!

we need them as the current perm players are ether not good enough (Woolford Stewert Taylor) or are injured (Elliott Skuse)

It is a strange one, seems various managers have different feelings about the loan market.. Some disliking it for morale of the existing team, others liking it for getting better players at reduced wages.

I still think if Gary Jonhson had brought in a couple of really good loan signing towards the end of the play-off season then we could have finished in the top two or may have had more of a chance of winning the final. He had exactly the attitude described above (being loyal to the players that got the team to that position). The problem was that they were not quite good enough. What could have been eh!

Damn, I wish I piped up last week when had a discussion with a friend about bringing Scannell to the club. I could be psychic.

I work with a couple palace fan who like Scannell a lot but he doesn't seem to get enough games for them but always looks like making an impact as a sub. Could be a Pitman situation where the manager doesn't know how to utilise him. From what they say he comes deep to get the ball and enjoys running at players through the middle of the park.

I told them last week we'd happily take a player like Scannell off there hands.

Given the number of players we have out of contract who already know that they won't likely be here next season, a loanee might actually be more committed than some of our current squad....

Given the number of players we have out of contract who already know that they won't likely be here next season, a loanee might actually be more committed than some of our current squad....

spot on, why our lot aren't playing their knackers off for a new contract here or elsewhere is beyond me or is it they all just have enough £s to retire?

Afternoon.

Firstly: for the person who said he 'doesn't have the right attitude', you couldn't be more wrong! He's got a great temperament, always wants to work hard and loves playing.

Now, whether this is going to go ahead, I'm not sure. Almost every Palace fan loves him, he is a Palace fan himself, but our system means he's not getting too many chances at the moment, and when he is put on the pitch, it's normally on the left wing. He started the season up front in a 4-4-2 and looked the best he ever has for us, scored about 3 in 6 and then the system changed and that was that.

I'd certainly rather he stayed, we have other players who should be out on loan ahead of him, but if he was to join you and it proved to Dougie that he can't be left out and can perform at this level, then maybe it would work.

Persoanlly, I want him to stay though.

Afternoon.

Firstly: for the person who said he 'doesn't have the right attitude', you couldn't be more wrong! He's got a great temperament, always wants to work hard and loves playing.

Now, whether this is going to go ahead, I'm not sure. Almost every Palace fan loves him, he is a Palace fan himself, but our system means he's not getting too many chances at the moment, and when he is put on the pitch, it's normally on the left wing. He started the season up front in a 4-4-2 and looked the best he ever has for us, scored about 3 in 6 and then the system changed and that was that.

I'd certainly rather he stayed, we have other players who should be out on loan ahead of him, but if he was to join you and it proved to Dougie that he can't be left out and can perform at this level, then maybe it would work.

Persoanlly, I want him to stay though.

Are you telling us he needs to play in a 442 not 433? oh god...the discussions that are about to happen :laugh:.

We have a player that is already in this predicament so if thats the case its not worth us bothering...

Could he play with said player in a 442? And maybe Wood on the left as part of the midfield 4, I didn't see Wood on Sat but thought the radio said he was out that way, was he any good? Seeing as we're struggling for lefties, although I just think Bolasie needs games, not something we've got loads of this season.

BTW do you remember a few years back when Harry took over at Tottenham and they had two strikers who so say "couldn't" play with each other up front. I recall 'arry in a press conference saying "I think its ridiculous that two players worth x million pound can't play up front together, dont you" or something along those lines.

I suppose its different because Del reckons Brett's not suited to a 433, but I bet Brett doesn't see it like that. Looking forward to seeing the formation on Sat.

Del and Doc are more qualified than our fans though and certainly more qualified than me, and I trust him to deliver

Archived