IGNORED

Ipswich V City Match Thread [Merged]

_Bristol-City_

.......................James......................

..........Fontaine....Nyatanga............

Carey.....................................Foster

........Cisse.....Davis.....Pearson........

....Adomah.......Stead.......Kilkenny....

OR THIS EVEN:

.......................James......................

..........Fontaine....Nyatanga............

Carey.....................................Foster

........Cisse.....Davis.....Pearson........

............Adomah......Kilkenny............

........................Stead.......................

Team news in

James; Carey, Fontaine, Nyatanga, Foster; Cisse, Davis, Pearson; Adomah, Stead, Kilkenny.

subs: McAllister, Wood, Bolasie, Gerken, Pitman.

WHat formation is that d'ya think? 4-5-1 with Carey at right back? 4-3-3 with Kilkenny on the left?

A bit confused; let's hope it at least messes up Ipswich's preperation as much as my head!

WHat formation is that d'ya think? 4-5-1 with Carey at right back? 4-3-3 with Kilkenny on the left?

A bit confused; let's hope it at least messes up Ipswich's preperation as much as my head!

I see it as a 4-2-3-1 - Davies and Cisse sitting, Kilkenny in an advanced position. Adomah and Pearson on the wings. Steady up top.

We'll see what it actually is!

A merge would be class. It seems that me and they chap that started the thread had the same idea in the same minute!

another baffling team selection from the happless mcinnes

Come on then Cloughie; what team would you have picked?! I think that team looks pretty reasonable given the resources available. The only other thing to do would have been 442 with Pitman in for Killa but can a half-fit Davis run a 442 midfield?

Certainly appears to be 4-5-1

I look at the team and feel nothing really. You just expect another heavy defeat. I haven't felt like this since the late days of John Ward

apart from the subs - bolaise, gerken, pitman, wood and mcalister - there is noboddy else - we could build a team from injured payers - keep the faith and always beileve - i think ? COYR

Only change I could really see would be putting Wood in, but as the official site says; he's been half way across the world!

Plus Wood is a more direct replacement for Stead if needed, so if the formation/game plan is working we have more options for like-for-likeish changes than usual.

Actually don't mind the look of our bench for this one; lots of attacking options, but a bit of experience too.

Very worried about the defence.....

To be honest. If they were all fit I would have less worries, it is more the fact that Carey and Tangs have been out for a bit or have been plagued by niggles. I don't like Carey as a right back. Today's situation I feel is just a stop-gap and then we will see: Foster McManus Fontaine McAllister. Which as much as McAllister isn't the solution long term, he's infinitely better than McGibbon.

Archived