IGNORED

Stick Your 4-5-1 Up Your Backside Del

old_eastender

It ain't working Del, get the message, 7 matches 5 3-0 defeats and never look like scoring more than an odd goal.

FFS stop twatting around with stupid formations play Pitman and Stead or Pitman and Wood up front in a central two and let's have a go at being on the front foot and giving the opposition something to worry about for a change!

442 with Stead/Pitman/Wood up front.

Cisse and Davis in the middle.

Long ball and pressure.

Id go one further.... 433 and keep it central, with long ball and pressure...

Stead, Wood and Pitman up top [but keep them up top, not on the wings, perhaps pitman just behind]

Cisse, Pearson and Davis in the middle (Adomah looks knackered and kilkenny is lightweight)

If we are going to go down, lets at least go down fighting!!

I'm quite close to really disliking this bloke. I can't see that he has the ability to save us.

+1

From the beginning I've wanted to get behind him, but it seems like he's making the same ridiculous managerial decisions over and over again. He can't help the spines ****ts we've got in our squad, or the ineptitude of the vast majority of our players, but he can change the system.

He's got to try something else. He's beginning to make himself look like a subborn miserable scotsman sticking with him rediculous formation. Either that or he's plain stupid!

Over the last few weeks we are looking a lot worse than we did under Millen. When DMc was in the frame for the job I admit I had never heard of him as I take no interest in MacFootie. It seems a 2 horse mickey mouse league where they play each other over and over again. Nevertheless I was genuinely impressed by the high regard this fella was held in by those in the know. So when he was appointed I thought we had a good chance of having made the right decision. This seemed to be the case as we picked up points and climbed the league. All that good work, how ever achieved, now amounts to very little as we slip back down and, even more worryingly, are getting turned over every game so, so easily. I am now of the opinion he is as clueless as Millen and out of his depth. Whether he turns it around remains to be seen. But on the basis of our current run of results there is nothing to suggest anything other than the drop.

If only we could have somehow got Warnock here. But I guess I'm very much in the minority in holding that view!

It was 4-4-2 at the start.

It wasn't - McInnes told radio bris before the game it was 433.

Pitman can't play up front in 433 but, hilariously, Kilkenny can!!!!

Time to send Del back to the "little league" before he takes us to one.

Time to stuff Mick McCarthy or Megson with a massive bonus to keep us in this league. Both have won battles like this before.

It wasn't - McInnes told radio bris before the game it was 433.

Pitman can't play up front in 433 but, hilariously, Kilkenny can!!!!

Time to send Del back to the "little league" before he takes us to one.

Time to stuff Mick McCarthy or Megson with a massive bonus to keep us in this league. Both have won battles like this before.

That's an excellent suggestion with regard to bringing in Mick McCarthy. It's desperate for us now and if i was Steve Lansdown I'd be looking at such an option to keep us in this division. We need the likes of Mick McCarthy to bring in some decent loan players as well.

That's an excellent suggestion with regard to bringing in Mick McCarthy. It's desperate for us now and if i was Steve Lansdown I'd be looking at such an option to keep us in this division. We need the likes of Mick McCarthy to bring in some decent loan players as well.

Ad we are one honeymoon period from safety.... I would imagine that's not lost on the board.

Kilkenny is prob one of the worst players I have seen in a city shirt

Kilkenny is very similar to Lee Johnson in stature but Lee Johnson did used to play with passion even though his ability at Championship level was suspect. I didn't rate Lee Johnson at this level and I rate Kilkenny even less.

People calling for 4-4-2 are ****wits.

Got to love the quality and well backed up post there.

Why not? 4-5-1 is clearly a bag of shit.

I personally wouldn't go 4-4-2, I'd go 4-3-3 with stead pitman and wood up top, but I can see why people want 4-4-2.

Kilkenny is very similar to Lee Johnson in stature but Lee Johnson did used to play with passion even though his ability at Championship level was suspect. I didn't rate Lee Johnson at this level and I rate Kilkenny even less.

+1 each. Johnson had bite, Skuse has got bite, Kilkenny's got no teeth at all.

Like it was supposedly 4-4-2 at Peterbrough - rubbish!

Two up front means Pitman & Wood, or Pitman & Stead, not Albert supposedly playing centrally - which then leaves us no width on the right - :grr:

Technically untrue when defining a 4-4-2. Could easily be a 4-4-1-1, Tottenham e.g. set up with central striker and VDV in just behind. 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1? Italy in 06 set up with Toni up front, Totti just behind. Again, same question...

Archived