IGNORED

Play The Youth?

Ben4BCFC

Whether it is lack of desire/ability/passion/confidence/instruction, t's clear that this current matchday squad isn't good enough to keep us in this division. Is it just me that would be happier to see our 17/18/19 year old players, along with our fringe members of the squad, played? Because apart from the odd few in the chosen 16 (the most blindingly obvious of which is regularly sat on the bench) they can't do any worse surely?

Either way we're gonna go down. At least the youth might put some effort in. 90% of the team out there at the moment couldn't give a flying ****.

I haven't lost all faith just yet, we are still out of the relegation which is a miracle. Portsmouth will go down, Coventry and Doncaster dont look much better than us so it's not all sorted yet!

I haven't lost all faith just yet, we are still out of the relegation which is a miracle. Portsmouth will go down, Coventry and Doncaster dont look much better than us so it's not all sorted yet!

I've been trying to look positively for weeks now, but realistically, we haven't scored in over two months away from home. We're regularly shipping 3 goals a game. And the squad seem lacklustre, untalented and gutless. There's no bite and the gaffer, as much faith as I've tried to instil in him since he's been here, cannot see that the system he's playing is wrong. The only reason we aren't in the relegation zone is because the teams beneath us are losing. As soon as we come up against them, one of the two sides will have to lose. And unless we find a way of persuading them all to score four own goals, they'll start winning and overtake us. That doesn't even take into account their games in hand.

when all the top coaches talk about blooding youngsters, they all say bring them in slowly when the team is winning and on an up.

You cant expect kids to come in when confidence is low and the team is on a poor run. Plus these kids cant be good enough, or they would have been given more chances to shine.

Is our academy failing?

I would certainly go with the youth team - all of them. And I would do it very publicly so the youngsters can distance themselves from the dross that has gone before.

In terms of results it can be no worse - in terms of morale, performance, entertainment, value for money, atmoshpere, effort etc etc it might even be better.

We play the youth we get beat 5-0 every week.

As opposed to 0-3.

We have absolutely nothing to lose in trying a few fringe players.

Our incoming players - mostly people who clubs playing at an equivalent level to us were glad to see the back of - just aren't cutting it.

Absolutely.

I have huge doubts about Reid, as he's far too small but Edwards, whose had a month in League One recently when he did well (and GJ wanted to keep him) certainly deserves a go.

Joe Bryan is the other possible...

Absolutely.

I have huge doubts about Reid, as he's far too small but Edwards, whose had a month in League One recently when he did well (and GJ wanted to keep him) certainly deserves a go.

Far too small is a myth in football nowadays!

I say chuck Reid & Edwards in instead of Foster & Kilkenny, see how we get on.

Good shout.

I know everybodys opinion on these 2 players is probably based on the Dull game at the end of last season but I think they couldn't do any worse at the moment.

We are struggling for a RB and tbh, Reid can't do any worse than Kilkenny, plus it would lift the crowd to see someone actually trying to make a difference.

BCAGFC

To me, after a bad result it seems like calls to play the youth are a case of heart over head. As someone said on another thread, surely there's a reason they're always being loaned out/not getting in the team. Wilson and Riberio seem worth sticking with, but the rest? Would've got more exposure by now. Yes, they're local and that means they'll be looked on more favourably- hell I'd like to see more youth products coming through but not many seem to.

when all the top coaches talk about blooding youngsters, they all say bring them in slowly when the team is winning and on an up.

You cant expect kids to come in when confidence is low and the team is on a poor run. Plus these kids cant be good enough, or they would have been given more chances to shine.

Is our academy failing?

Everything is failing. The teams performance. The managers tactics, and probably the new stadium as well. Great Days Ahead

I don't know why we haven't recalled ribs (unless he's injured and i have not heard). Put him in the centre he's big, could easily be our rock at the back and not afraid to bring it out himself rather than aimlessly punting it forward for us too lose like most of our defence. Also bring Edwards in and put him on the right. Got more experince now and did well at Yeovil. Plus him and ribs played all the way through the youth team together. MIght just give us that spark we need.

Absolutely.

I watched Bobby for 90 mins against Westham on Saturday, he was the best player on the pitch by some distance,............. play him.......... find another 6 like him and you will win league 1 next season

go down and this lot will all be gone anyway !!!!!!!!!!!!

Same with Joe Bryan....... play him now and Aaron Holloway

then bring in 2 or 3 of the U18s before the end of the season if the team looked doomed.

I'm not deluded and know we certainly have fight on our hands, but hang on we have as much chance as staying up as the other 4/5 teams around us. Why throw the towel I'm now ? Young players won't benefit from

Playing right now, competent experienced loan players are what we need just to get 1 more point than the 3 teams below us. Come on guys let's go for it, it isn't the first time we have had a terrible run only to pick up average points over the next 6 games. The bottom 3 would swap with us ?

I'm not deluded and know we certainly have fight on our hands, but hang on we have as much chance as staying up as the other 4/5 teams around us. Why throw the towel I'm now ? Young players won't benefit from

Playing right now, competent experienced loan players are what we need just to get 1 more point than the 3 teams below us. Come on guys let's go for it, it isn't the first time we have had a terrible run only to pick up average points over the next 6 games. The bottom 3 would swap with us ?

I respect your view but we've been re-shuffling the same familiar faces for weeks now.

Look at the Hull game last month, what did we gain by going back to starting with JCR and putting Woolford on the bench?

I don't think there is any value at all in throwing in loads of youngsters (and some of these are in their 20s now anyway!) but the right one and another on the bench sends out a signal that they do have at least a chance here.

Tomorrow night with Albert out what harm would it do to try Joe Edwards on the RHS of midfield where he'd have defensive cover behind him and would certainly tackle and compete?

Our crowd will support players giving their best even when the opposition are better but rightly don't want to watch people just going through the motions.

Seeing an academy product at least give it a go is far better than watching some give up again without a proper fight.

I respect your view but we've been re-shuffling the same familiar faces for weeks now.

Look at the Hull game last month, what did we gain by going back to starting with JCR and putting Woolford on the bench?

I don't think there is any value at all in throwing in loads of youngsters (and some of these are in their 20s now anyway!) but the right one and another on the bench sends out a signal that they do have at least a chance here.

Tomorrow night with Albert out what harm would it do to try Joe Edwards on the RHS of midfield where he'd have defensive cover behind him and would certainly tackle and compete?

Our crowd will support players giving their best even when the opposition are better but rightly don't want to watch people just going through the motions.

Seeing an academy product at least give it a go is far better than watching some give up again without a proper fight.

+1

Another thoughtful post from GC. We aren't talking about playing the reserves here - just giving one or two younger players some bench time and maybe a bit of sub time on the field to see what they can do. Let's face it, they can't do much worse than some of their elders!

could not agree more, its not a revolution required right now, lets face it, if the season finished today 21st would be good enough. The revolution starts if they go down or actually even if they stay up, but that comes at the end of the season not now. However one or two ex academy players would freshen things up on the training ground at least.

so Joe Bryan Bobby Reid and Aaron Holloway plus Joe Edwards, all travelling and training with the squad would send a message, even if they all cant be included in the 15.

I do get what you are all saying, and agree in some way. Just think we need experienced loans to grab the odd points here and there. If we had really promising 17\18 year olds waiting Thier chance then maybe , but suspect the youngsters we have available are not up to it and we could end up throwing the towel in! It's not like we are 10 points adrift with no hope, is it ?

10/10 respect to this topic poster... Remember reading it, and have to say Joe Bryan was very good.

More end product than that of Bolasie and defiantly better than C-Ryce...

Lets see Reid, A-A Holloway, Edwards and co get some game time soon...

I know someone does, because they promote various pieces (like the Forza EastEnd stuff) and other ideas...

I think that David Llyod (Halftime bloke) does, as he mentioned it on the website (well forum ideas/feedback).

Hope they do anyway, some valid stuff said on here, some shiit as well!

Archived