IGNORED

Reactionary Fans Need To Calm Down.

Redhyde

I'm someone who was non too impressed about Del's appointment. But I've got to defend him and the club. If you go through my history of posts, I don't think I've ever clapped happily.

Calling for the chairman to come out and issue a rallying call is laughable. What do you actually want him to say? Do you want him storming into the dressing room, do you want him grabbing the Mic on the pitch? We have a chairman who backs the manager with money, is trying to build a new stadium for us, and who doesn't try to interfere with the team. Do you really want more than that?

Speaking of backing the club with money. We've signed Wood, McManus, Pearson, Davis, Foster. An they've all improved the team! Our last three managers haven't done that at all. We only had I said about 5 championship level players in the squad before the signings. How is someone meant to keep us up with that?

Tactics, if we continuously get torn apart in 4-4-2, then switch to 4-5-1 which occasionally works why do people want to change back? It's the grass is greener syndrome. I'm often guilty of it myself when it came to Millen's team selection, but that was based on obvious logic. Crying out for something that is proven not to work, is crazy. I even heard someone calling for Gerken to start on the radio... What next? Woolford?

We've given long contracts to bad players, we've made bad signings and we've made poor choices in managerial appointments. That equals relegation. Blaming McInnes now, when pretty much everything he does, at least makes sense isn't really fair. We all know we need a huge clear out in the summer yet you want to blame the manager for having the substandard players which he didn't sign.

We have a manager whose signings have ALL improved the team and a chairman who has proven he will back the club financially.

There are definitely things wrong at the club, but blaming a chairman for backing the manager can't be one of them. You can and definitely should blame the people who pick the managers. I'm still undecided on McInnes by the way. This isn't a glowing endorsement of him. We as a club have been too comfortable. Letting poor coaches carry on coaching. letting managers make poor signings and continue to back them, and giving players who had done it previously, get big contracts as a reward. So what's the difference with McInnes? Well his signings haven't been poor, he's started to change the coaching staff, what he does makes sense so far. The one manager who actually seems to be a positive change, we shouldn't be panicking over. I've called for managers to go months before they have previously, I'm not a happy clapper, but I actually see some positives with this bloke.

You guys got too hyped up with the start we made under McInnes, you invested in him, you ignored all the flaws the playing staff had and now you feel you're being let down. You're not being let down now, you were being let down over the past 2-3 years, but you didn't realize it.

I'm often guilty of it myself when it came to Millen's team selection, but that was based on obvious logic.

So its logic when you say it so maybe it is now and you just cant see it. Or is it a case that because YOU dont see it everyone else must be wrong?

I’ve watched City since the 1960’s so have seen a few relegations. It may be reactionary but I think that without a doubt the current set up is the worse. With the other City teams that went down in previous seasons there was always some sort of hope. With the current team we don’t look like scoring, are poor in midfield and can’t defend.

Can’t agree with the comment “We've signed Wood, McManus, Pearson, Davis, Foster and they've all improved the team!” Since they’ve signed the results have got worse.

I’ve watched City since the 1960’s so have seen a few relegations. It may be reactionary but I think that without a doubt the current set up is the worse. With the other City teams that went down in previous seasons there was always some sort of hope. With the current team we don’t look like scoring, are poor in midfield and can’t defend.

Can’t agree with the comment “We've signed Wood, McManus, Pearson, Davis, Foster and they've all improved the team!” Since they’ve signed the results have got worse.

Exactly...We have conceeded 19 goals in recent match's so how has the side been improved since the dead dog bounced

So its logic when you say it so maybe it is now and you just cant see it. Or is it a case that because YOU dont see it everyone else must be wrong?

There are some things that were subjective, and there are some things that were objective. Freezing out Cisse for example, was an objectively wrong decision. Continuously bailing out Greece is an objectively wrong decision. You can see what some decisions are trying to achieve an that have a hope of suceeding, even if you disagree with them.

What's an improvement for me, is that our current manager actually makes logical decisions. You can disagree with some of the results. but it makes sense. His signings make sense, his tactics make sense. I do disagree with things he does, but there's nothing that screams insanity to everyone. Unlike the last few guys in charge.

Exactly...We have conceeded 19 goals in recent match's so how has the side been improved since the dead dog bounced

Ironic http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/141982-now-that-the-dead-cat-bounce-is-over/

Those players are better than what we had. Therefore they have improved the team.

You can disagree with the quality of them. That's fine, but we needed players in their positions, and they're all better than what we had.

Great summary Redhyde.

I'm with everyone else in being gutted tonight, but bloody hell, Cardiff got dicked 3-0 by Ipswich two weeks ago, and they also stuffed west ham 5-1 recently, they're in great form.

It's also worth noting they went on a run of 7 games without picking up a point earlier in the season, conceding 20 in the process. Imagine if their chairman had made the decision to get rid of Jewel then, who'd had the benefit of the summer and the previous 5 months to shape his squad.

Bang on, I question the signings DM has made, he has not replaced players with better signings (which is the key to management) anyone who argues against this is frankly deluded, just look at our performances since the transfer window shut.

Calling for the chairman to come out and issue a rallying call is laughable. What do you actually want him to say? Do you want him storming into the dressing room, do you want him grabbing the Mic on the pitch? We have a chairman who backs the manager with money, is trying to build a new stadium for us, and who doesn't try to interfere with the team. Do you really want more than that?

We have a manager whose signings have ALL improved the team and a chairman who has proven he will back the club financially.

Are you confusing our chairman with our major investor / owner?

We've signed Wood, McManus, Pearson, Davis, Foster.

I'm not sure..

Wood - I don't think so. Surely we signed him to play as a lone striker, and as he can't do that we'd be better off sticking with Stead,

McManus - I really don't think I've seen enough to comment.

Pearson - Limited ability but a trier. Improvement.

Davis - As McManus.

Foster - Limited ability. Better left back than McGiven, better right back than Spence. So improvement but borderline championship standard.

We've given long contracts to bad players, we've made bad signings and we've made poor choices in managerial appointments. That equals relegation. Blaming McInnes now, when pretty much everything he does, at least makes sense isn't really fair. We all know we need a huge clear out in the summer yet you want to blame the manager for having the substandard players which he didn't sign.

Most intelligent Paragraph I have read on this forum today. Too much money has gone on players who are simply not good enough with a big squad, which we simply can't get rid of them players because no one else wants them so we have to stick with the squad we have and McInnes is the man putting up with it. The squad simply isn't good enough and that is down to employments of managers who were either not up to the job or were out of their league in the Championship!

Archived