IGNORED

How Do We Get The Pride Back?!

BS4 on Tour...

Dear all,

Yes, another thoroughly depressing Saturday, can't believe we are shipping so many goals and playing with no evident spirit!

So, I've dived into a bottle or Merlot and thought about how I can feel good about the club I love.

And all I've come up with is looking back and realising why I have, and always will be, a Bristol City fan.

Basically, I support the badge, the shirt, the ground, the fans - everything that will not change (except the ground hopefully!)

So I think the only way we can get through this season is to remember why we are City fans and celebrate all the things that have made us what we are.

Yes we should turn up and support our team but we should sing songs about John Atyeo, Gerry Gow, Brian Tinnion, Rob Newman, Paul Cheesley etc

We should celebrate the good times - I love the 'Spirit of 76' flag in the East End, so let's get back to those heady days, why not sing 'Spirit of 76' by The Alarm, ok, it's about growing up in Liverpool but we can adapt the words!

We ain't happy with what we are paying to watch at the moment so why not celebrate who we are and what we stand for?

As always I am expecting the negative two word replies that most positive posts get but I'm just trying to think of a way to perhaps enjoy the match day experience for a while because I am fed up of feeling down......

We must focus on two massive games in the here and now. Whether you blame Millen, McInnes, the players, bad luck, the formation we are still outside the relegation places and in with a chance. We must get behind the team against big spenders Leicester and local rivals Cardiff. If we can win one of those games things will look a lot rosier.

Best thing is to somehow understand we are shite, and play on that, and just chant and sing all match no matter what is happening on the pitch. The atmosphere is what we make it. I doubt any of it will rub off on the players, but it may make us as fans feel happier at games. Just a siege like mentality, we are shite but we don't care sort of thing.

Dear all,

Yes, another thoroughly depressing Saturday, can't believe we are shipping so many goals and playing with no evident spirit!

So, I've dived into a bottle or Merlot and thought about how I can feel good about the club I love.

And all I've come up with is looking back and realising why I have, and always will be, a Bristol City fan.

Basically, I support the badge, the shirt, the ground, the fans - everything that will not change (except the ground hopefully!)

So I think the only way we can get through this season is to remember why we are City fans and celebrate all the things that have made us what we are.

Yes we should turn up and support our team but we should sing songs about John Atyeo, Gerry Gow, Brian Tinnion, Rob Newman, Paul Cheesley etc

We should celebrate the good times - I love the 'Spirit of 76' flag in the East End, so let's get back to those heady days, why not sing 'Spirit of 76' by The Alarm, ok, it's about growing up in Liverpool but we can adapt the words!

We ain't happy with what we are paying to watch at the moment so why not celebrate who we are and what we stand for?

As always I am expecting the negative two word replies that most positive posts get but I'm just trying to think of a way to perhaps enjoy the match day experience for a while because I am fed up of feeling down......

Positive post i hope our last home games West Ham on the Tues, Barnsley Home on the Saturday we need 3 points to stay up, both would then be sell outs, always believe.

Best thing is to somehow understand we are shite, and play on that, and just chant and sing all match no matter what is happening on the pitch. The atmosphere is what we make it. I doubt any of it will rub Uoff on the players, but it may make us as fans feel happier at games. Just a siege like mentality, we are shite but we don't care sort of thing.

See I can work with this.

Still vocal and supporting the badge whilst being honest and accepting we're complete pile of manure .

It's these 'good form is just around the corner' types that grate on me.

Dear all,

Oh yeah Rob Newman. Bit of a bloody comedian, eh.

I would like a conversation with people when McInnes first came in, the pace we played the closing down, then we lost to an unlucky decision free kick Boro home, then he stopped being positive, Maynard staying going has and did not help, injuries, shit i can't believe i am admitting this, no Maynard and the biggest kick in the balls to our new manager Elliott out for the rest of the season, i will hold my hands up and people who know me i said without Elliott as well now we are down, please prove me wrong McInnes but when you are in a squad of players that is two massive players who are not there. Things have gone not McInnes way if we stay up he deserves a medal with this current squad.

Archived