IGNORED

The Season Isn't Over Yet...

12 games to go still i thought? What do people think we will get from these games?

I am still confident we can stay up, i said when del took over that i would take 4th from bottom.

Leicester (H)

Baadiff (H)

Pompey (A)

Watford (H)

Boro (A)

Derby (H)

Forest (A)

Cov (H)

Blues (A)

West Ham (H)

Barnsley (H)

Burnley (A)

Easter Weekend is going to decide what league we are in next season. I reckon 46 points will be good enough to stay up so thats 15 points from these 12 games. I think we can win at home against Watford, Derby, Cov and Barnsley and pick up at least 3 draws. As I said I am still confident we can stay up and if you look at the teams we have to play it is very much in our own hands. WE WILL STAY UP everyone needs to believe that and get behind the team instead of trying to say its time for the manager to be sacked or quit which is ridiculous when we are in a scrap for relegation we all need to stick together.

• Admin

What did you have for breakfast? Two large Prozac, washed down with a mug of optimisim? 4 Wins and 3 draws...... I reckon we'll be lucky to get 2 more points the rest of the season.

We might nearly be at the point that it would be more beneficial to take the hit and go down, that may possibly allow recruitment of players who can do well in the 3rd division, if we were doing well in that league, the atmosphere and crowd numbers would be better. If we do survive, will we attract the quality of player who can make sure next season isn't another souless, dour struggle for survival.

12 games to go still i thought? What do people think we will get from these games?

I am still confident we can stay up, i said when del took over that i would take 4th from bottom.

Leicester (H)

Baadiff (H)

Pompey (A)

Watford (H)

Boro (A)

Derby (H)

Forest (A)

Cov (H)

Blues (A)

West Ham (H)

Barnsley (H)

Burnley (A)

Easter Weekend is going to decide what league we are in next season. I reckon 46 points will be good enough to stay up so thats 15 points from these 12 games. I think we can win at home against Watford, Derby, Cov and Barnsley and pick up at least 3 draws. As I said I am still confident we can stay up and if you look at the teams we have to play it is very much in our own hands. WE WILL STAY UP everyone needs to believe that and get behind the team instead of trying to say its time for the manager to be sacked or quit which is ridiculous when we are in a scrap for relegation we all need to stick together.

This could happen though I think we need to win one of these next two home games otherwise I fear the rot will have set in too far.

If we do hit the bottom three over the next few weeks it will be interesting to see how the players react: disappear further into their shells or will it finally be the kick up the pants they need to get things moving.

Optimism over realism here I think. I don't see anything in our current squad or team that suggests we can pick up many more points this season. In fact I wont be surprised if we go down with the same amount of points we have currently. :(

This is what I mean by city fans overreacting. There is 12 games left, which means there is 36 points still available and we would need roughly about 10-12 of those points to retain our place in the championship next season. This is not an impossible task by all means

This is what I mean by city fans overreacting. There is 12 games left, which means there is 36 points still available and we would need roughly about 10-12 of those points to retain our place in the championship next season. This is not an impossible task by all means

Far from impossible, but realistically, judging by the past 2 months performances and given the fact both forest and Coventry have hit some form, pompey may see out the season and even Donny have slowly but surely pulled points back on us. Do you really think we will stay up?

It will take a change of mindset of epic proportions to get out of this hole. Can't see it, but hope they prove me wrong.

Leicester (H) L 0-1

Baadiff (H) L 0-3

Pompey (A) D 0-0

Watford (H) D 1-1

Boro (A) L 0-2

Derby (H) W 1-0

Forest (A) L 0-3

Cov (H) W 2-1

Blues (A) L 0-2

West Ham (H) L 0-3

Barnsley (H) D 1-1

Burnley (A) L 0-3

40 points, which will probably see us finish bottom. And I think i've been optimistic with some predictions there!

Leicester (H)

Baadiff (H)

Pompey (A)

Watford (H)

Boro (A)

Derby (H)

Forest (A)

Cov (H)

Blues (A)

West Ham (H)

Barnsley (H)

Burnley (A)

I’m trying to be positive. This post cheered me up a bit as it’s saying we need 12 points from 15 games. We’ve taken 11 points from the last 15 games so it’s possible. However if we look at the trend over the last 15 games it’s a bit more gloomy:

December - Played 5 Points 4

January - Played 4 Points 6

February - Played 5 Points 1

March - Played 1 Points 0

Hopefully the next 2 games will start a revival. However if we don't get at least 4 points, time will be running out

The side have the look and feel about them like some tired old fighter just turning up for a last pay check, getting out paced in round 12 with 3 left to go.

Yes it is possible for us to stay up, but very unlikely. One win could kick start the season again, give us the feeling that they can turn this corner of bad form. I just can see where this will come from.

We normally have to wait to midweek for the first happy clappy thread.

I fail to see this current squad minus Adomah and Elliott and many others can win one more match let alone 3 or 4!!

We should already be in the bottom three and look fcuked to me.

I'll need the players to persuade me otherwise in the next week or so. But as it stands we look favourites to go down and finish bottom.

Archived