IGNORED

Tuesday

Super

These players need to show some bloody fight now, they have nothing more than an embarrassment for too long playing like they don't give a ****, caving in ever time they concede a goal. Go out there and show us you do actually care.

Time to say "**** it" we cant defend so lets go all out attack

Gerken

Perm any 4 from McManus (if fit) Carey , Fontaine , Nyatanga , Foster , McAllister

Davis , Cisse , Pearson

Wood , Pitman , Stead

Dels a hero.........er....McInnes out........er we must go 442.......er we must go 451...er....all right...er..352....Pitman in....Pitman out...etc etc...pick Gerkin....Pick James....Er...etc etc.

Let's be real for a minute, it doesn't matter what group of players or formation we pick....this squad of players aint good enough. That's the bottom line. We have a poor team of players and many of them know that know they won't be here next season. Nothing is going to change until the summer, and it might be too late by then. Alex Ferguson would struggle with this bunch. Those who think by picking Pitman will change things much, and that we are suddenly going to be any better at all are just kidding themselves. Your all just clutching at straws.

Now that doesn't mean McInnes, shouldn't try to change things around, but he has a small group of confident shot wasters to choose from. So don't get yer hopes up, as we all know we're in for a very bumpy ride between now and the season.

I would bring back Ribeiro, and give young Edwards a chance myself, but i doubt that even they're enthusiasm and willingness to play for the shirt would make much difference!

I admire your optimism, in that you must think that by changes to formations tactics etc will make a difference...just don't see it myself!

Not having a go or anything....your all entitled to post what you want, but the bottom line is we have prob 4 players max that would get into another CC side (and some of those are injured)!

We've produced nothing by way of chances for weeks now - its possibly worth giving JCR and Woolford one last go, especially with Adomah now out.

I know I'll get shot down for that but the worst they can do is produce nothing and create no chances - no worse than the last 2 months "efforts".

Something like:

Gerken

Carey

Fontaine

Nyatanga

McAllister

JCR

Cisse

Davis

Woolford

Stead

Pitman

There's a few names in there people won't like but we need to get some sort of shape and a few players who might not be completely scarred by what's gone on over the last few weeks. We need to start playing more direct and keeping it simple.

There's nothing to lose in my eyes.

City have to go for the points at home, no if or buts, Pitman has to start.

It makes no sodding difference if a player is championship standard, if a manager makes a player feel good about himself, then he should respond.

Too many managers on this forum say we have not got the players, but in cup matches the underdogs always put up a fight if they have some kind of belief.

Its about time this manager gave the players that little bit of hope, then looking already beaten before kickoff.

I think Tuesday could be a long night, looks as if I have to go alone which makes it worse! Need to get behind them all though. 4-4-2 has never really worked for City and I am not a fan. However I am not sure what else he could change it too with our current personell?

I hate to say it but we can't dictate the tempo of games and play the way we want at present. I hate the long ball and the more direct approach but I fear it's our only option now. The best I have seen us look in ages was the second half v palace where we just got balls into the box and fast.

I would go 4-4-2 (as much as I hate it, but what else can we do!?) jamo, spence, Carey, fonts, Macca

Then a midfield 4 of Foster right mid, Davis and Cisse with Pearson left mid

Then Brett and Stead up top.

I would just by pass the midfield and just left Davis and Cisse crash around picking up loose balls, breaking up play and use Foster and Pearsons energy out wide.

In the hope that anything that dropped in the box Brett could burry. But I really am struggling to see what else we can do.

1.City have to go for the points at home,

2. no if or buts, Pitman has to start.

3. It makes no sodding difference if a player is championship standard, if a manager makes a player feel good about himself, then he should respond.

4.Too many managers on this forum say we have not got the players, but in cup matches the underdogs always put up a fight if they have some kind of belief.

5. Its about time this manager gave the players that little bit of hope, then looking already beaten before kickoff.

1. Agreed.

2. Your opinon.....overated in my books. I'd rather play Stead and Woods and go long ball i hate to say.

3. Wishfull thing, i am afraid. They're poor and they know it!

4. If we played Man U tomorrow, i'm sure this excuse of a team would put in quite a bit more effort.

5. They didn't do it for Keef, and i am damned sure this sorry lot won't do it for Del

With the players we've got available the best use is 3-5-2 or however you want to term it.

James

Carey

Fontaine

Nyatanga

Foster

Mcallister - wingbacks

Pearson

Davis

Cisse

Pitman

Wood/Stead

There is no way Macca would have the engine to get up and down as a wing back. The only players we have that could do that are Pearson and Foster. And before anyone says it Albert couldn't as it would not allow him to attack in the way we would need him to.

I wouldnt be against 3-5-2 at all, my concern though is it is a very dated formation that is very rarely used by teams anymore as it is hard to master. We don't seem to be able to master a basic 4-3-3/4-5-1 so I am not sure it would work but even so, at least it would be different to what we are doing now and would certainly not make us any worse.

I think Tuesday could be a long night, looks as if I have to go alone which makes it worse! Need to get behind them all though. 4-4-2 has never really worked for City and I am not a fan. However I am not sure what else he could change it too with our current personell?

I hate to say it but we can't dictate the tempo of games and play the way we want at present. I hate the long ball and the more direct approach but I fear it's our only option now. The best I have seen us look in ages was the second half v palace where we just got balls into the box and fast.

I would go 4-4-2 (as much as I hate it, but what else can we do!?) jamo, spence, Carey, fonts, Macca

Then a midfield 4 of Foster right mid, Davis and Cisse with Pearson left mid

Then Brett and Stead up top.

I would just by pass the midfield and just left Davis and Cisse crash around picking up loose balls, breaking up play and use Foster and Pearsons energy out wide.

In the hope that anything that dropped in the box Brett could burry. But I really am struggling to see what else we can do.

I agree with you I posted the same thing about a week or so ago when there was a post about Mcallister. I would like to see him at left back on Tuesday and let him hoof balls into the box for Pitman and Wood /Stead to chase. The other advantage with Mc playing is that we will have a player who can take set pieces. Perhaps this will at least give Leicester's defence something to think about and perhaps with the strikers constance presence up front and causing hassel, we might get something from this game.

There is no way Macca would have the engine to get up and down as a wing back. The only players we have that could do that are Pearson and Foster. And before anyone says it Albert couldn't as it would not allow him to attack in the way we would need him to.

I wouldnt be against 3-5-2 at all, my concern though is it is a very dated formation that is very rarely used by teams anymore as it is hard to master. We don't seem to be able to master a basic 4-3-3/4-5-1 so I am not sure it would work but even so, at least it would be different to what we are doing now and would certainly not make us any worse.

Having watched Macca play for Preston recently I will respectfully disagree. Looks as fit as he ever has.

Having watched Macca play for Preston recently I will respectfully disagree. Looks as fit as he ever has.

I am not doubting his fitness. But wing back is a role that you need to get up and down all game and do it condistantly whilst being good defensively and still being able to offer something going forward as well. Macca was never the best going forward so it might not suit him as such, but like I say I am open to change and want Del to try something different.

I agree with you I posted the same thing about a week or so ago when there was a post about Mcallister. I would like to see him at left back on Tuesday and let him hoof balls into the box for Pitman and Wood /Stead to chase. The other

advantage with Mc playing is that we will have a player who can take set pieces. Perhaps this will at least give Leicester's defence something to think about and perhaps with the strikers constance presence up front and causing hassel, we might get something from this game.

Exactly. We are all aware Macca has seen better days but he has a great left foot, can strike a ball well and, as you say has a good delivery from set pieces! Think he would be worth a go myself!

I would be inclined toward playing MacAllister due to the fact he will playing for a contract and despite what are seen as his defficiencies he can deliver the ball into the box as well as anyone!

The team will be picked on the basis of the fitness of McManus, if he is fit he will play with Fontaine. Personally I would play Spence and Mcalister as full backs with a midfield of Bolaise Davis Cissee Pearson and Pitman with Stead at the front.

Wood Carey Reid/Foster Killkeny Gerkin on the bench However I expect Mcinnis to go with Wood up front with Stead behind and Foster in the starting 11

Archived