IGNORED

Johnson And Mcinnes

Remember when GJ took over, we were headed quickly for the trapdoor into the basement and even lost seven (I think) games in a row.

Well, we are almost at that point with McInnes now. 7 games without a win, regular 3-0 beatings and a team dropping like a lead balloon.

Now, granted the GJ run of defeats was a long time ago, and I was away at Uni at the time, but I do remember one particular turning point. It came not from the players or management, it came from the fans.

Memory has cost me the exact details of the game, but I do remember City playing very poorly. In previous weeks, the crowd had been silent or got on the players' backs.

Only this time it was different, the crowd began to chant "City till I die" and the song continued through most of the second half. Positivity began to return to the crowd and in turn this fed through to the players. We began to dominate proceedings and should have won the game. Looking back at the fixtures, I think this may have been the final game of the run against Bradford. Yes, we still lost that game 1-0, but we had dominated and played with a much greater sense of belief. The following week we won 2-0 against Huddersfield and began to turn things around.

What I'm trying to say echoes some other posts I've seen in recent days; that change will come from the crowds. I have seen our crowds turn this club around before and I would love nothing more than to see it again.

Get down to the Gate against Leicester and Cardiff and sing your hearts out for the Club. We can turn this around and we will turn this around. It just needs positivity from somewhere and I really believe that it needs to start from the fans.

19th November 2005.

My favourite ever game.

We were beaten by Chesterfield.

Heavily.

2-4. (We got our second towards the end.)

The Atyeo Block H were magnificent. I've never been so proud to lose a game.

I wasn't to know what would eventually come of that game. But make no mistake, the outcome was 90 minutes away from the Premiershit....

We can do it again.

Its good to finally see sense on here! Look at Stoke the noise they make is massive and its put there club on the map not only in the Prem but in Europe too, I'm not suggesting we're as bigger club as them or that we have Premier League credentials currently but everything starts with the fans, In the words of Jock Stein, currently printed inside the badge of Celtic shirts "football is nothing without fans"

We done this last season - Reading at home Tuesday, QPR at home Friday (or the other way round). Bottom of the league, we were in big trouble, The Eastend were outstanding the first of those two games and the rest of the ground followed brilliantly, it pulled 4 points out of the bag against two of the promotion chasing sides.

OK that was November/December and not March, but the same is needed now.

Chivs, remember that game like it was yesterday, I must be honest I was in the Dolman G Block and thought it was outstanding. I don't remember the Ateyo but I was the opposite end to it!

Biggest period of games probably since the playoffs?

19th November 2005.

My favourite ever game.

Heavily.

I wasn't to know what would eventually come of that game. But make no mistake, the outcome was 90 minutes away from the Premiershit....

We can do it again.

I thought it was Southend when Freddie Eastwood scored a hat-trick?

Either way,both were horrendous! (But not as bad as Notts County)

I thought it was Southend when Freddie Eastwood scored a hat-trick?

Either way,both were horrendous! (But not as bad as Notts County)

The Southend game was the start of the bad run. Chesterfield when we were 4-1 is when the fans really got behind the team. We still lost our next two games but then we beat 2nd place Huddersfield at the Gate.. I recall Cotterills wonderful 2nd.. think it was on youtube somewhere.

19th November 2005.

My favourite ever game.

Heavily.

We can do it again.

That's the game, despite the defeat it was a vital turning point and shows exactly what the fans at this club can do. I was sat in the Williams that day and have never heard it as loud!

Come on you Reds!!!

Archived