IGNORED

Penalties

GrahamC

I wonder if a side has ever gone an entire season without scoring one?

Here we are 12 games from the end of another campaign and so far we've so failed to done so.

Strangely both of those we've been awarded (both missed by Maynard) have been away from home (at Leicester and Leeds) and watching the penalty rightly given to Sunderland by Mike Dean on Sunday I couldn't help but thinking that we could have had 4 or 5 of those.

With the obvious candidate Pitman rarely on the pitch I wonder who'd take one, probably Stead, though if things continue as they have so far that would be academic anyway.....

We've always been the same with penalties, too honest. How many times has Albert when eventualy got into the box been nicked but refuse to go over. All other teams would be straight to the ground and already placing the ball on the spot before the whistle goes. Then plant the ball in the corner, Oh apart from Reading that is. (The Corner bit).

was thinking yesterday when the last time we had a penalty AND scored it? should have had at least two at home this season that haven't been given. Shirt pulls against boro and i think Leeds players too honest by not reacting or drawing attention to it. Like someone said most other teams players would be on the floor in a heap

I wonder if a side has ever gone an entire season without scoring one?

Here we are 12 games from the end of another campaign and so far we've so failed to done so.

Strangely both of those we've been awarded (both missed by Maynard) have been away from home (at Leicester and Leeds) and watching the penalty rightly given to Sunderland by Mike Dean on Sunday I couldn't help but thinking that we could have had 4 or 5 of those.

With the obvious candidate Pitman rarely on the pitch I wonder who'd take one, probably Stead, though if things continue as they have so far that would be academic anyway.....

The last time we had a Penalty at AG was against Crystal Palace, just after Christmas 2010 !!! (Brett Pitman scored 90 mins !!!) although i missed this game being in bed with the flu :colder:

Archived