IGNORED

Gregg Wylde

redpole

I don't think we can sign him or any other players walking away from their contract,

1. BBC Scotland reporter Martin Conaghan on the future of the players who have left Rangers continued: "The transfer windows have closed in Scotland and England, so even if a player is out of contract, they can't be signed for another club, unless it is approved by the association they are moving to. This could raise complaints from other clubs. There would be no problem with a player moving to an association where the transfer window is still open. The SFL and the SPL have emergency loan deal windows, which end on 31 March. In England, it's 29 March."

I don't think we can sign him or any other players walking away from their contract,

1. BBC Scotland reporter Martin Conaghan on the future of the players who have left Rangers continued: "The transfer windows have closed in Scotland and England, so even if a player is out of contract, they can't be signed for another club, unless it is approved by the association they are moving to. This could raise complaints from other clubs. There would be no problem with a player moving to an association where the transfer window is still open. The SFL and the SPL have emergency loan deal windows, which end on 31 March. In England, it's 29 March."

I thought there was some kind of exemption for players who were made redundant? I imagine in Scotland they'll probably have an agreement with the SPL and the SFA that players made redundant will be allowed to sign outside of the transfer window. I would expect something similar down here with Pompey

Surely it would just count as a free transfer? If City suddenly wanted me to play then I wouldn't have to wait until the summer shirley?

You can't sign a player on a free if he's been released since the last transfer window. Luke I said though, I think there's an exemption for redundancy

I thought there was some kind of exemption for players who were made redundant? I imagine in Scotland they'll probably have an agreement with the SPL and the SFA that players made redundant will be allowed to sign outside of the transfer window. I would expect something similar down here with Pompey

he hasn't been made redundent though he's torn up his contract

Stand corrected its been reported as a voluntary redundancy in which case he should be free to sign for other clubs

What about the move of Ryan Nelsen from Blackburn to Spurs... Wasn't he released by Blackburn so that he could complete a move to Spurs outside the transfer window?

Blackburn reliesed him with in the transfer window so he was free to seek a move outside it

You can't sign a player on a free if he's been released since the last transfer window. Luke I said though, I think there's an exemption for redundancy

I'm absolutely certain the free transfer deadline is a lot longer than the January transfer window. Infact, I'm certain someone was signed on a free transfer in this division the other day.

Could he be worth getting in on short term contract? He has torn up his Rangers contract today so he is a free agent.

Wylde is good enough for the EPL,he is lightning fast.Bolton will be in for him again I think.They have nothing to lose bye signing him for free.And then they should loan him out.Just like WBA did with Scott Alllan.Who played for Portsmouth tonight.Another quality winger from the Scotland under 21 team,who cant even get a start in that team.

Judging by the performance of Joe Bryan last night we already have a young left sided prospect- so no thanks!

Your not getting Wylde anyway,un less its on loan.As it looks like Big Eck is going to take a punt on him and take him to Aston Villa.He has something like 16 clubs to choose from according to his agent.

The club the player is with currently has to release his registration by informing their FA before the end of the transfer window in order for him to be able to sign for another club before the opening next transfer window. If the move is international, the signing club also need the FA to get international clearance from the selling club's FA and approval by FIFA. This is to make sure that bans and FIFA rules about the number of clubs you can play for get enforced.

Not sure if there's a registration exemption for redundancy, but I can't see why the player would have agreed to severance if there wasn't.

The club the player is with currently has to release his registration by informing their FA before the end of the transfer window in order for him to be able to sign for another club before the opening next transfer window. If the move is international, the signing club also need the FA to get international clearance from the selling club's FA and approval by FIFA. This is to make sure that bans and FIFA rules about the number of clubs you can play for get enforced.

Not sure if there's a registration exemption for redundancy, but I can't see why the player would have agreed to severance if there wasn't.

He's an honourable man who has the best interests of the club to heart? Wild, I know, but not impossible.

He's an honourable man who has the best interests of the club to heart? Wild, I know, but not impossible.

Possible of course but as a 21 year old player I'd have thought he'd be one of the cheaper ones and pitch time would be very important to him so if he can't play until the summer I'd have thought agreeing a wage reduction would have made more sense for both him and the club?

Possible of course but as a 21 year old player I'd have thought he'd be one of the cheaper ones and pitch time would be very important to him so if he can't play until the summer I'd have thought agreeing a wage reduction would have made more sense for both him and the club?

I think his statement said he did it because he didn't want to see some of the staff lose their income, people like the kitchen staff. Two kids in the game who did that, shows some of the older pros up for what they are.

I think his statement said he did it because he didn't want to see some of the staff lose their income, people like the kitchen staff. Two kids in the game who did that, shows some of the older pros up for what they are.

Fair enough, nice to see a footballer set a good example.

Archived