IGNORED

Change Of Luck? (And The Ref)

Maesknoll Red

• Admin

As with any team at the wrong end of the league, we do seem to have had some dodgy decisions and bad luck, not that, that excuses a lack of quality and committment. Tonight the defensive mix up between defender and James saw the header from the defender go past the post, I bet that would have gone in last week. Second one was the bizarre Ref / Lino off side decision, the ref waved play on after the Lino flagged, Leicester 'scored' but the Ref (thankfully) pulled play back. I didn't hear a whistle for offside and the ref did indicate play on - again, I reckon that goal would have been given a week ago.

So has lady luck smiled on us tonight after shunning us for the previous part of the season? Not sure , but that Ref was once again inconsistent, Stead was being pulled around and the Ref ignored it, he gave some ridiculous free kicks and should have booked Leicesters two vain attempts in injury time, at getting a penalty.

Whatever the reasons for tonights result, keep it up please Derek & the team, it was like a breath of fresh air after some of the dross we've sat through this season.

Agree with that(although I thought it was McManus with the header.)

Mcallister and James showed a lack of professionalism by not playing to the whistle, after all, I thought it was instilled in kids at a tender age, yet not international (ex) players

Also I thought pitmans goal was at least 2 yards offside

I didn't even cheers Pitman's goal for a split second as i thought he was comfortably offside and i was just starring at the lino, for what seemed ages before twigging that he was not going to raise his flag!

After celebrations had settled down though, someone next to me said that a player on the far side had played him onside - will be interesting to see the highlights!

Archived