IGNORED

Macallister

Pete1975Legend

guts fight and never giving McAllister brought that last night and has been missed, I'd keep him in the team in our relegation battle but wouldn't offer him a new deal

Well there's a real incentive for him to play well then. McAllister is the best left back at the club, even though it is fashionable on this forum to slate everything he does, and if we can't find a better left back it follows that he should be offered another contract.

Well there's a real incentive for him to play well then. McAllister is the best left back at the club, even though it is fashionable on this forum to slate everything he does, and if we can't find a better left back it follows that he should be offered another contract.

+1........mcgivern is god awful

No way is he our best set piece taker - we don't have great set piece takers, but I've seen better corners/free kicks from Kilkenny Albert & Pearson.

Good god. Never seen three worse set piece takers (Pearson being the best)

McCalister put in two last night, one was pretty bad the other was quality. The other corners?

ha.

Good god. Never seen three worse set piece takers (Pearson being the best)

McCalister put in two last night, one was pretty bad the other was quality. The other corners?

ha.

Albert looks decent at shooting at free kicks - easily better than macca.

As for corners - I can remember a decent corner from macca - apart from the fluke that bounced in

I've seen better corners from pearson and kilkenny - though thats not saying much

Macca is one of the reasons we played so well because he sets the benchmark in terms of hard tackles and the rest start to follow. He was brilliant last night and set the toneearly on and kept raising the bar. 2nd half he put some classics in - he may have some weakness's but when he is on song you would have him in your team everytime. Deserves to start Saturday and. A decent run now will sEe him get a contract next year hopefully

And that is exactly what this team needs.

Glad to see him back.

McManus and McAllister is as strong as it gets at this level.

If we had another centre back and right back worthy of the name, we'd be ok.

But we don't and we'll continue to struggle at the back.

As I say, great to see McAllister back in the team - big influence.

Kirk Broadfoot will be looking for a new club in the summer.

He's a basic clogger who is good at just that - he'll do in this league, which is vastly overated.

Blackpool tried to sign him off us when they were in the EPL.So you are so wrong about him.How can he play left right back,and center half if he is a clogger?They will be back in for him again to.Broadfoot is well under rated,and had McGeady in his pocket many a A.F game.And they dropped McGeady in some games.

Guts and committment have been lacking and McAllister has that in bucket loads.

He isn't the most cultured player, but that isn't always what is best.

Him and McManus at the back fills me with a lot more confidence than Fontaine and McGiven or Nyatanga and Foster - or any combination of those centre backs and left backs.

Very glad to see McAllister back in the team..

Agree with this, all we need is someone down that wing whos decent at the job, and McAllisters lack of pace wouldnt be so exploited by other teams....

Worthy of keeping his place for the next game. Nothing more. We cant make another diabolical mistake and offer him another contract he does not deserve

Especially when better players like Dixson are free at Dundee United next year.Good player can attack and defend just as good.Should have had a shot at a Scotland call up bye now.Should handle the championship no sweat.

Especially when better players like Dixson are free at Dundee United next year.Good player can attack and defend just as good.Should have had a shot at a Scotland call up bye now.Should handle the championship no sweat.

Paul Dixon would be an awesome signing, him or Tommy Spurr would be an amazing Left Back.

....what, the 'Set piece miestro' with his trade mark yellow card and standard lack of speed equaling cheap fauls...

Out of all the awful corner takers, he has to be the worst. Especially as he thinks he is pro!

My thoughts exactly! I thought we had got rid of him. Backward move to extend contract, the search for a decent left back must go on OR does he already reside at AG. I actually think he might!

Archived