IGNORED

Stead & Pitman

Taylor10

First things first. What a priceless 3 points tonight and I think it's fair to say we deserved it!

So many great performances, Pearson, Cisse, Mcmanus but my man of the match was Stead. Deserved his goal and ran himself into the ground.

I thought we looked much more dangerous going forward with Stead and Pitman up top. Both linked up very well together and held it up for the midfield to join in whilst both working as a pair to close down the Leicester defence.

Don't see any of the tactical geniuses on here saying we can't possibly play 4-4-2 now !? 4-4-2 has never really been our best formation and to be honest I have never been a fan of it for us, but surely now everyone has to accept this is the way to go when we are playing at home? I would play 4-4-2 at home and probably Del's favoured 4-3-3/4-5-1 when playing away.

Tonight we were a lot more direct, and hassled well, got the ball up to the top two quickly and they looked after it for us and linked well. The way we played tonight is the only way I think we can make 4-4-2 be successful. Playing 4-4-2 with Del's usual patient approach will probably see us get exposed and pulled around a bit, but to be fair tonight we played it exactly right. Like I have said, never been a fan of it for us, but I think after tonight it's the way we should go when at home in our current situation. Probably played into our hands as well that Leicester lined up 4-4-2 as well.

But the main reason why I think it's important to approach games like this was because of the threat we posed through having Stead and Pitman playing together. For the first time in a long time we actually looked like we could score on most of our attacks and it was good to see. Thoughts?

Well done to Del and the boys, and especially well done to Joe Bryan for standing tall tonight. I Feel very proud to be a City fan again.

Finally, well done to all the fans. The atmosphere was superb, and the encouragement and enthusiasm from the fans no doubt played a huge part in what was a very much needed win tonight!

Come on you reds!

I have to agree with you, although to be fair I was calling for stead off and wood on 5 mins before he scored, i thought he had run him self out.

Why he bought AA on was beyond me, the bloke could hardly walk let alone run.

But lets HOPE the manager DM gains confidence just like the players do, 442 and 3 points [simples] well ok not so simples it wasnt that easy a a win but we did it....

Cheers

A happy city fan

EDIT

My bad the OP has topic BP & JS

Js ran his socks off AGAIN and Brett was allways a problem for the fox's defence well played the pair

And that blond noob (i cant spell his name, but the son of the other noob that played for the mancs) what a big headed **** he is !

Yeah they were good together. They certainly took the pressure off! Stead did work until he could do no more, that was incredible determination and commitment on his part. But then so did everyone last night! Cardiff is massive need to get a bit of momentum now!

Scheimichel in goal for Leicester!? Great technically though and with his feet! Looked one of their better technical players and he was their keeper!!

Archived