IGNORED

Jon Stead - Spot On Attitude

allyolly

What about when he first signed? He put in some great performances then capped off by that stunning goal live on sky v QPR. I don't think he has hit that form since and has suffered with injuries but hopefully last night is a sign of things to come.

Fair point - but he just hasnt been consistent - as you say maybe injuries have got something to do with it - lets hope he gets a run of games and can continue to build on last nights performance - I would love to be proved wrong cos it will mean he is doing the business!

If we can get 11 Jon Steads in this team surely we will be ok.

People rightly talk about the importance of a local commitment for the cause but for me Steady is leading the way. Absolutely gutted when he does n't play and has got into some hot water I believe with his twitter posts about this. But he seems totally genuine and gives everything he can. Great to see him get on the score sheet recently.

Long may it continue.

I very much agree here! I know Jon Stead is not the cup of tea for some in the forum, however from my pespective he has a great deal of value and added value!

His attitude as pointed out is exemplary he has sat on the bench for weeks and weeks and now is getting his chance as a model pro should. He is articulate in his interviews and comes across as an all round good bloke.

Also he has made various comments on Twitter that have led me to believe he feels at home here and has empathy with the fans which one or two others may want to think about following.

Last season he had an excellent game against Cardiff carving the left side open and providing 'tap-ins' for both Brett and Lee Johnson...Fingers crossed for Saturday...Well done Jon you have earned it!

Archived