IGNORED

No High Court Today

Monkeh

The list for the high court seatings is out and Ashton Vale is not on it so no call today,

Also the issue of large sums of money being paid can be put to bed

The court papers say that the claimant (with out talking to the claimant) could of been paid large sums of money by a un-named businessman (not named on the court papers)

Hmmm making things up again?

Sorry to be thick, but apart from the first line I don't understand this. Could you say it again in a different way?

NIMBYs are alledging that the bloke (who withdrew his application for a TVG at AV) was paid off by an unknown businessman to drop the case.

BCAGFC

NIMBYs are alledging that the bloke (who withdrew his application for a TVG at AV) was paid off by an unknown businessman to drop the case.

BCAGFC

yes...... it seems that stamping your feet and screaming like a two year old does work in the courts then?

How can they really expect unsubstantiated claims like that to actually be used as evidence in a court of law? No proof, no name..... slanderous! (if they did name him...) joke! *shakes head*

yes...... it seems that stamping your feet and screaming like a two year old does work in the courts then?

How can they really expect unsubstantiated claims like that to actually be used as evidence in a court of law? No proof, no name..... slanderous! (if they did name him...) joke! *shakes head*

it's getting smaller?!

Safe to say it will go to JR now regardless. Absolutely miniscule chance of the high court throwing this case out at this stage, I wont even bother following it now. After last night im more content with our situation!

If that was the case why didn't he do it last Friday, Yesterday or Today.

I think there is still twist (or 10,239) to come yet.

Somthing is going on has crispin been screaming from the hills in the last two weeks at all?

You would think if the JR was to be granted it would of happened last week. If any of this so called evidence being submitted would support that then surely it would only quicken the decision to grant the JR. However, if the evidence submitted countered this, i would expect a delay in the decsion whilst that is investigated.

So i think its either being delayed whilst they find a loophole to allow the substitution and a JR to proceed, or they are checking out all the various claims of intimidation and payoffs before coming to a decision.

Surely if a JR is granted it will only be delaying the inevitable, so why bother? Im led to belive that if it is granted and BCC are found at fault it just goes back to where we were last year and a vote on the TVG/Stadium would be held again. The majority voted for it last time so i can't see that changing. The whole JR process etc has just been blatently exploited by the NIMBYs as a stalling tactic. Its such a shame a judge cannot see through it all and make the right decision first time. All these people will achieve is a lot of time, resources and tax payers money going to waste.

I bet bottom doller the complants were made in the last 2 weeks

Im with you on that one!

The thing is, anyone could call the police and say they are being harrased without any actual evidence bar there own statement, this would give you a crime number and effectively an open case on the matter. Take this to the courts and you have yourself a NIMBY being harassed. Shame there is no obvious pro-stadium individual that could claim harassment just to balance the utter crap being spouted.

what worries me is they're obviously being advised by very experienced pros at how to play our rediculous, slow, archaic legal system - what else have they up their sleeves?

If you can litterally make up any old rubbish without any evidence or foundation that the Judge keeps believing, this could go on for decades - is there any in law that's not on their side? it seems so one-sided!

Im with you on that one!

The thing is, anyone could call the police and say they are being harrased without any actual evidence bar there own statement, this would give you a crime number and effectively an open case on the matter. Take this to the courts and you have yourself a NIMBY being harassed. Shame there is no obvious pro-stadium individual that could claim harassment just to balance the utter crap being spouted.

dolly can

I think your right Tom, if is was cut and dry he would have decided last week, i reckon there is something. :pray:

Im with you on that one!

wasnt Dolly given some grief ? good for the goose good for the gander an all that

what worries me is they're obviously being advised by very experienced pros at how to play our rediculous, slow, archaic legal system - what else have they up their sleeves?

If you can litterally make up any old rubbish without any evidence or foundation that the Judge keeps believing, this could go on for decades - is there any in law that's not on their side? it seems so one-sided!

Sadly for us it would seem the Nimby's legal team are FAR smarter than BCCs legal team...

Sadly for us it would seem the Nimby's legal team are FAR smarter than BCCs legal team...

Wouldn't say smarter having seen the QC the council have hired. I would say its far easier for them when they are the applicant rather than defendant.

Don't expect this to be quickly resolved, high court judges work on multiple cases and there is a considerable amount of work going on behind the scenes. The judge will canvass opinion from other judges, will hold talks, both formally and informally with the parties involved and will conduct his own research as well as the very considerable amount of reading involved.

What the judge will do, is CONSIDER THE FACTS. He will not allow hearsay, accusation, gossip or anything else get in the way of his decision, which will be based on the legal issues involved. It is irrelevant whether sums of money have been involved, people blackmailed or harassed. He is interested purely in whether the relevant decisions were taken legally, within the framework of the law and whether the process followed has been done correctly. In his ruling, he may make reference, or pass an opinion on any particular subject, but this will not detract from the facts involved. It is vital that the judge takes the necessary time to make the right ruling, this will prevent any more time wasting and delaying further down the line. To rush it increases the decision being made too quickly and leaves room for further delay.

My only worry about the whole thing, is that despite the council being 100% behind us, they are a huge bureaucracy and I can't help but feel they've ****** something up along the way.... :protest:

Heard through the grape vine no decision today ether,

Somthing is going on if that evidance was cut and dry like the nimbys think it is we'd get a decision tuesday, yesterday, today but we are not,

Wonder what is going on maybe the lies they've submitted have shot themselfs in the foot,

hmmmmmmmmmmm

Heard through the grape vine no decision today ether,

Somthing is going on if that evidance was cut and dry like the nimbys think it is we'd get a decision tuesday, yesterday, today but we are not,

Wonder what is going on maybe the lies they've submitted have shot themselfs in the foot,

hmmmmmmmmmmm

So is there any news on when we may here some news?

Archived