IGNORED

Kasper

Chivs

Apologies if this has been started elsewhere but I thought that Schmeichel deserves a mention.

By a country mile, he was Leicester's best passer of a ball last night. Some of his distribution was just fantastic.

He was also very vocal to his defenders and constantly geeing them up.

I particularly liked his reaction to the Atyeo when he played a pass straight to their left winger. For some reason, half the Atyeo reacted as if it was a crap pass. Kasper turned round and gave it the large one which was very justified. It made me realise that players do hear and react to the crowd noise.

I like James but when he comes to retirement I would be pleased to see Kasper between the sticks.

Having said all that, he did concede 3 goals. Against us!! :D

Apologies if this has been started elsewhere but I thought that Schmeichel deserves a mention.

By a country mile, he was Leicester's best passer of a ball last night. Some of his distribution was just fantastic.

He was also very vocal to his defenders and constantly geeing them up.

I particularly liked his reaction to the Atyeo when he played a pass straight to their left winger. For some reason, half the Atyeo reacted as if it was a crap pass. Kasper turned round and gave it the large one which was very justified. It made me realise that players do hear and react to the crowd noise.

I like James but when he comes to retirement I would be pleased to see Kasper between the sticks.

Having said all that, he did concede 3 goals. Against us!! :D

Excellent post, I also marvelled at Kasper's distribution. Would he be better as an outfield player??!!!

Wern't we close to getting him once??

Dont think so? I rate him as the best goalkeeper in the division. There are actually quite a few good keepers in the Championship such as;

Kelvin Davis

Jason Steele

Matthew Gilks

Andy Longergan

Kasper Schmeichal

Julian Speroni

Frank Fielding

Scott Loach

Joe Lewis

Lee Camp

Stephen Henderson

I'd be happy with any of those in goal for City next season. My top 3 there are Kasper, Fielding and Speroni.

Fantastic keeper, top draw dIstribution as you say! (kept pointing out to my young lad"that's the way to do it")

Didn't I read somewhere he qualifies for England ?

Doesn't matter, he'll never get ahead of Joe Hart who will be our number 1 for 10 years yet. He's up there with Casillas as the worlds best goalie.

Superb distribution and charged half way up the pitch going absolutely ape at anyone in a blue shirt after we scored our third?

Evidently im told that the only reason he never made it right at the top is his lack of physique.

Hell of a keeper.

Iker Casillas isn't exactly tall either, Kasper is agile enough to make up for his lack of height.

Fantastic keeper, top draw dIstribution as you say! (kept pointing out to my young lad"that's the way to do it")

Didn't I read somewhere he qualifies for England ?

Possibly but he has already been called up to the full Danish squad (without a cap yet) after playing for the youth teams all the way up. Can't see him changing somehow considering he plays the same position as his old man, following in the footsteps and all that.

Agree - he stood out as the most talented and unusual keeper we have seen at AG for some years.

As others have said, his kicking was quite outstanding. He looked like a talented golfer who knew exactly where he wanted the ball to go (usually to the feet of an unmarked advancing Leicester player) and I have never, ever seen a keeper who spent more time outside the penalty box during a game.

Having said all that, we should remember he conceded three goals last night !

Thankfully !

I would be happy if he was coming our way to replace DJ.

Archived