IGNORED

Apoel Nicosia - A Proud Night!

EastendFanatic

Evening all!! :)

Well its a proud night for me and many all over the world as for the first time in Champions League history a Cypriot side has reached the quarter finals :yahoo:

After last nights fantastic result and atmosphere down the gate against Fester i was quietly hoping that tonight i could have the chance to highlight a few things, as well as bask in the enjoyment and glare of the football world with APOEL beating Lyon in penalties. ^_^:D

I must admit being half Cypriot has its many benefits including the food and extensive families however i doubt not even a handful of the OTIB faithful have heard of the MARFIN LAIKI Cypriot Premier Division. The three main teams in Cyprus are OMONOIA Nicosia, APOEL Nicosia and ANORTHOSIS Famagusta. All of which fight it out each year for the title. I won't go into the ins and outs of it as i may uncover a heinous Cypriot gang link to the results :surrender:

Im City through and through however tonight i couldn't help but feel patriotic and proud that the minnows from my homeland had overcome such a challenge. :worship2::city:

Now for some things i really want to promote to the pro FORZA REVOLUTION guys and girls out there... in fact to all down the gate!!

The GSP Stadium in Nicosia where the home games of APOEL and OMONOIA take place has a capacity of just under 23,000 - very similar to the Gate and the atmosphere at games at the GSP are another world from the usual down in BS3. I acknowledge the security differences and also the funding however i think we could use a few ideas and take note of hardcore support when the chips are down and when things look desperate.

424878_10150737241933417_92842313416_11474666_1133963484_n.jpg

Evening all!! :)

Well its a proud night for me and many all over the world as for the first time in Champions League history a Cypriot side has reached the quarter finals :yahoo:

After last nights fantastic result and atmosphere down the gate against Fester i was quietly hoping that tonight i could have the chance to highlight a few things, as well as bask in the enjoyment and glare of the football world with APOEL beating Lyon in penalties. ^_^:D

I must admit being half Cypriot has its many benefits including the food and extensive families however i doubt not even a handful of the OTIB faithful have heard of the MARFIN LAIKI Cypriot Premier Division. The three main teams in Cyprus are OMONOIA Nicosia, APOEL Nicosia and ANORTHOSIS Famagusta. All of which fight it out each year for the title. I won't go into the ins and outs of it as i may uncover a heinous Cypriot gang link to the results :surrender:

Im City through and through however tonight i couldn't help but feel patriotic and proud that the minnows from my homeland had overcome such a challenge. :worship2::city:

Now for some things i really want to promote to the pro FORZA REVOLUTION guys and girls out there... in fact to all down the gate!!

The GSP Stadium in Nicosia where the home games of APOEL and OMONOIA take place has a capacity of just under 23,000 - very similar to the Gate and the atmosphere at games at the GSP are another world from the usual down in BS3. I acknowledge the security differences and also the funding however i think we could use a few ideas and take note of hardcore support when the chips are down and when things look desperate.

424878_10150737241933417_92842313416_11474666_1133963484_n.jpg

Delighted that your "other team" have done so well and that the Champions League seems to be a little similar to how our own FA Cup used to be, before the likes of Man U, Chelsea & Arsenal started putting out 2nd string players even in the later stages. Nobody does that in the Champions League and that makes your victory so much more valid. The romance of the cup has gone continental!

Delighted that your "other team" have done so well and that the Champions League seems to be a little similar to how our own FA Cup used to be, before the likes of Man U, Chelsea & Arsenal started putting out 2nd string players even in the later stages. Nobody does that in the Champions League and that makes your victory so much more valid. The romance of the cup has gone continental!

Cheers Squire,

I must be honest in making it clear APOEL are not my 'other team' . . . . i follow OMONOIA Nicosia there rivals but i can't say i support everything the fan's and club do. Just happy that a team from my homeland have at last shown the world that our league isn't a shambles like many thought.

Who know's where we can go from here as a country . . . If anyone can remember APOEL were the team that beat Chelsea at stamford bridge a few seasons back!!! Unbelievable some of the scalps the teams from cyprus have claimed.

Archived