IGNORED

Any City Fans In Michigan U.s.a?

Michigan Red

Hi, City fan in Michigan here, Just wondering if there is any other reds in Michigan?

I listen to the games on the player, and is off to Buffalo wild wings in Muskegon sat to watch the Cardiff game!!

Would be nice to hook up with a red for the game and beer!( Not much Cider around here!!)

Think we will beat Cardiff sat 3-1! COYR

Hi, City fan in Michigan here, Just wondering if there is any other reds in Michigan?

I listen to the games on the player, and is off to Buffalo wild wings in Muskegon sat to watch the Cardiff game!!

Would be nice to hook up with a red for the game and beer!( Not much Cider around here!!)

Think we will beat Cardiff sat 3-1! COYR

Hi MR. I just Google mapped Muskegon and I see you are about 100 miles round the lake from Chicago. Might be one or two City fans in and around the Windy City.

I was visiting Chicago when the US hosted the World Cup in 1994 and went to the game at Soldier Field - West Germany v Belgium.

It was weird hearing the American crowd cheering in all the wrong places. I guess they have got more used to "Soccer" these days, but despite David Beckham playing over there I doubt they will ever really take to the game.

Hi, Yeah i see there is some reds in Chicago! But it's a 4hr drive from Muskegon! There are some Brits in Grand Rapids(45mins away) that get together to watch some games, but i think they are all Prem glory boys!! :laugh:

The game is getting huge here! All the kids are playing Football (soccer) from a very young age Boys and Girls! I play at a indoor centre in Muskegon with 2 6 v 6 astro turf pitches, and has games on 7 days a week, the leagues are fully booked! I play in a over 30s Mens league, they have boys, Girls, coed, womens,Mens Leagues! Some of the schools around here are losing there football programs, because the kids are wanting to play soccer instead!!

Looks like me and the wife at B.W to watch the game on sat!

Im going back to the Chicago region which includes Michigan in a couple of months to coach football through Challenger Sports through the summer, so could be anywhere around there, was in Kalkaska and Allegan in Michigan last year.

The City fans based in Chicago are me as far as I know. Luke JonesII was up here for a few years but is now back in blighty You boys are always welcome to contact me if you are going to be around the area...I live in Naperville which is 20 miles from the City centre, but we have a soccer biased pub in town (Quigley's) which shows all the games including City on Saturday so all welcome!!!

As far as ranking sports by popularity in the area, I would say this. You will see five times more Footy pitches than US Football pitches and baseball pitches. So from a playing perspective real football is very popular particularly with the kids.

As they get older they become much more Americanized and play US' Football basketball and rounders. Even so lots of Mexicans up here and ESPN show a lot of live Prem football and Mexican league games are routinely shown on the Spanish language channels...It is the fastest growing sport by far, but the league here is a bit pony with one or two exceptions!!

Just out of interest how would you rank sports in america by popularity,where you are.

I go over to the Philadelphia region twice a year to see family, and there definitely is a solid fan base-especially from the Hispanic community. The atmosphere at the Philadelphia Union was excellent, in fact far superior than even some places I've been over here! If I'm right in thinking, the whole team started as a bit of a grass-roots type thing and now they have a 20,000 seated stadium! Also, I think when it comes to local sport, Americans seem to get behind it regardless of what it is.

Ha small world, our base camp where we return every Saturday is Naiperville, at the Country Inns and Suites so we may be coming in to Quigley's for the Euros then! Bdubs also does football if i remember rightly.

Let me know when you're here. I know some of the coaches up here a little. Bdubs does pretty much everything, However their will be a big contingent in Q's for the England games!!

Archived