IGNORED

Front Of Todays Ep

MrVinta8

Mr Higgs said he has seen young football fans not far from where the new stadium would be built who were wearing Arsenal, Chelsea or Manchester United shirts.

"If we get this new stadium, I hope those youngsters will be wearing Bristol Rovers' shirts because we want the club to be very much a part of the community," he said.

Some spanner on their forum reckons it looks so much better than the 'lego monstrosity' planned for Ashton Vale! I need to find out what said spanner smokes as an identikit bowl a la Doncaster or a totally unique design like the Vale? It's no contest IMO.

Mr Higgs said he has seen young football fans not far from where the new stadium would be built who were wearing Arsenal, Chelsea or Manchester United shirts.

"If we get this new stadium, I hope those youngsters will be wearing Bristol Rovers' shirts because we want the club to be very much a part of the community," he said.

I know of two young lads who livenot half a mile from the proposed ground (good luck with that btw) who wouldn't be seen dead in a gash rag, i.e. My two grandsons, so up yours Higgs!

The sags think its done and dusted. I can see a slight problem looming with the sainsbury's bid.

But Green Party campaigners have vowed to fight the plans, saying the supermarket was not needed or wanted, and would “suck the life out of Gloucester Road”.

Ha ha Artist's impression. By the time that's built (if it ever does get built) it won't resemble anything like that. The funding is wholly dependent on Sainburys buying the rugby ground at a certain price, the more obstacles they encounter along the way the less deckchairs for the new stadium. Also UWE will have a massive input as well scaling it down yet further as the money starts running out.

Deluged

The sags think its done and dusted. I can see a slight problem looming with the sainsbury's bid.

But Green Party campaigners have vowed to fight the plans, saying the supermarket was not needed or wanted, and would “suck the life out of Gloucester Road”.

the sad blue few seem to think thats that and there ground will be built, i was under the impression that the ground and planing is fine but the sainsburys connection was anything but finallised. there is plenty of opposition to the new store and i dont think it is cut and dry as everyone is making out - welcome to our world

The Memorial Ground...a memorial dedicated to Rugby players from the City who fought and died in World War 1...Have I got this wrong?

To be sold to a Supermarket, to help fund an 'identikit' football stadium that, going by current attendance figures, will be a quarter full for most games.

Can you imagine if this was a BCFC/ Steve Lansdown project? We'd be called a right bunch of b**tards!

The Memorial Ground...a memorial dedicated to Rugby players from the City who fought and died in World War 1...Have I got this wrong?

To be sold to a Supermarket, to help fund an 'identikit' football stadium that, going by current attendance figures, will be a quarter full for most games.

Can you imagine if this was a BCFC/ Steve Lansdown project? We'd be called a right bunch of b**tards!

spot on. It just proves that the so called family club couldn't care less about whatthese men ultimately gave to the people of Bristol

Sorry to say but where is the nearest supermarket? Eastville. The stadium looks good. fair play stop being whinnie bitches, its like being back at school.

Not whining just putting things into a slight perspective, with all the publicity given to it over the last few days and what has been said any neutral would think the bulldozers are in next week, that is not the case - the sainsburys planning permission has not been granted ! fact

I am city through and through but will add i think the ground does look impressive and i wish them all the best and that in the end they do get it, it can only be good for Bristol - No sour grapes here !!

Archived