IGNORED

City Fan Stranded In Cardiff For Saturdays Game!

redsapper

There are plenty of Bristol City fans in Cardiff, especially students. Several people in my office are Bristolians and it's not uncommon to see a BCFC shirt. The city centre offers a few opportunities, but places may be very busy indeed as Wales play Italy at 2.30, and it can be difficult getting into pubs after that, although you should be okay. Places in town that should show the game include The Old Arcade, Walkabout, The Bunker, Queens Vaults, Varsity. Surprisingly few places in the city centre have Sky Sports. Even in those places, Bristol City v Cardiff will play second fiddle to Ireland v Scotland in the rugby..I know, shocking isn't it! Might be worth heading into Cathays or Roath(more studenty) and a bit quieter. Either way, most people won't care who you support, but be sensible if you go in a partisan pub, which as a general rule will be those in the south and west of the city. Where are you working? Am happy to recommend the nearest best option if you like.

Gassy Jacks (thats what it was called 5 years ago) in Cathays used to be a hotbed of City support

I'd suggest heading to Cathays, due to the numbers of students, there is alot of Ensleigh league followers there who'll watch and support anyone

COYR

Be sensible, don't go into a pub in Canton singing the Wurzels, but you'll find that Cardiff, much as I find Bristol, is a city where most people don't care a great deal about their local championship club.

Really, I think that Cardiff has very passionate local support, as much as I am not anCardiff fan many of my mates are "die hards", and you see lots of really awful Cardiff City associated apparel walking around the dank Cardiff Streets, it's one thing I admire about Cardiff City.

Be sensible, don't go into a pub in Canton singing the Wurzels, but you'll find that Cardiff, much as I find Bristol, is a city where most people don't care a great deal about their local championship club.

I've done The Wurzels at Karaoke in the Napier a few years ago, someone thought it would be funny, it was, but not for me.

I had a good few proper lads singing along too, quite funny.

I'm working around the Whitchurch Rd area. I will not head into the centre but probably go to one of the more student type pubs. Thanks to all that replied to my question. I will hopefully not shout out when we score.

I'd try the Heath, avoid the 3 horseshoes, Birchgrove and the New Inn.

Or you could go to The Flora, or Varsity a little further in the other direction.

Archived