IGNORED

The Offside Rule..........

_Bristol-City_

Heard a few people chatting total utter bollocks on Tuesday night, regarding the offside rule.

Kasper S went to kick it from a goal kick to Beckford from a corner and none of our defenders were back.

You cannot be offside from a goal kick.

Also, you cannot be offside from a throw in.

Frustrates me when women like Sian Massey (the female assistant ref) gets abuse for one mistake & all these blokes giving it the large don't know the rules.

Just saying.

Heard a few people chatting total utter bollocks on Tuesday night, regarding the offside rule.

Kasper S went to kick it from a goal kick to Beckford from a corner and none of our defenders were back.

You cannot be offside from a goal kick.

Also, you cannot be offside from a throw in.

Frustrates me when women like Sian Massey (the female assistant ref) gets abuse for one mistake & all these blokes giving it the large don't know the rules.

Just saying.

I thought you can be

Someone had a go at me about this on Tuesday actually- Beckford kept standing a few yards behind our back four from the goal kicks and each time some bloke at the back of the Atyeo said "Offside ref!" so evenutally i pointed out that you cant be offside from a goal kick...he replied with "of course you ****ing can".

Tw*t...

From the BBC website:

"You can't be offside if:

• You receive the ball directly from a goal kick, a throw-in or a corner
  • You are in your own half of the pitch
  • You are level with the second last or last two opponents
  • You are level with or behind the ball
  • You are not actively involved in play, as explained above
    For any offside offence, the referee awards an indirect free-kick to the opposing team, to be taken from the place where the infringement occurred."

Archived