IGNORED

We Need To Sort New Contracts......

bangers

Cisse, Pearson And Stead were excellent again today....but the first two are out of contract in the summer. Pearson in the MIDDLE is a completely different player than on the left, and has shown a real class in that position.....and nothing needs to be said about Cisse, class act.

Stead had been immense now he's FIT AND HAD A RUN. the guy is class and actually CARES about Bristol city.....give him another 1 or 2 years.

We need to tie these players down!!' or they will fix off to our rivals!!!

Cisse in particular is far too good for League 1 and stands head and shoulders above the rest for football intelligence. Stead also has something of a brain on him and certainly seems to care more than most. But I can't see either signing, or us affording them, if we go down. In which case we may have to get used to a lot more of Woolford and his ilk.

Stead I can see staying next season.

Cisse surely would of signed by now.....either the club has offered hi a deal which he's rejected, or we haven't offered anything at all.....granted in presuming.

I don't think we are in any posiiton to offer deals until we know what league we are in. Which is why the endless grovelling to Maynard was a very bad move. We will have to slash the wage bill even if we stay up, drastically if we go down. Cisse is far too good for us and I wouldn't be surprised if he went to a good Championship side worthy of his talents.

I don't think we are in any posiiton to offer deals until we know what league we are in. Which is why the endless grovelling to Maynard was a very bad move. We will have to slash the wage bill even if we stay up, drastically if we go down. Cisse is far too good for us and I wouldn't be surprised if he went to a good Championship side worthy of his talents.

Simple give a relegation release clause.

We went to this effort to get elliot and Skuse but we forgot about Cisse!

Simple give a relegation release clause.

We went to this effort to get elliot and Skuse but we forgot about Cisse!

Given that a new contract would start from July we will know our fate anyway. If we stay up we have a chance of keeping him, though I wouldn't be confident. Imagine how he must feel at times having to play alongside some of the inadequates we will still have under contract next season. He must yearn at times to have players around him of his quality.

Given that a new contract would start from July we will know our fate anyway. If we stay up we have a chance of keeping him, though I wouldn't be confident. Imagine how he must feel at times having to play alongside some of the inadequates we will still have under contract next season. He must yearn at times to have players around him of his quality.

There's no way he'll stay. He joined us because he thought Coppell could do for us what he did for Reading. Then Millen the genius froze him out of the side for long periods, so I imagine Cisse will be looking to go somewhere where he has a realistic chance of being successful.

Have to agree with this. Even if we stay up; I am sure he will have a number of better offers. One of the best players of his type in the Championship.

Have to agree with this. Even if we stay up; I am sure he will have a number of better offers. One of the best players of his type in the Championship.

Agreed.

But seeing he has just a few months left with us.....surely someone who have already offered him a deal/ pre-contract agreement for next season?

If we could hold on to him it would be great for us.

With the financial constraints being imposed on clubs (because they can't be trusted to run themselves properly) less players will be offered contracts, and these contracts will be of lower value. Players will need to start taking what they're offered or be out of a job.

As for Cisse in particular we paid a shed load to pull him out of Reading reserves, he's of championship standard, but I don't think any of the better clubs would want to take him on, so if we stay up we have a good prospect of retaining his services. If we go down then odds fall dramatically. In fact we'd probably be hard pressed to keep any player that we's want (not that there are too many of those).

Archived