IGNORED

The Ongoing Deflection Problems..

hippy273

I've noticed we have always seemed to have had problems with deflections going against us and never the opposition. Either the players positioning or possibly even the pitch but it always seems so regular. Not to mention the ball usually bounces off another player before the opposition pick it up. Blackpool also scored a similar goal by deflection and Jamo already committed to diving whilst the ball travelled the other way.

How do we get so unlucky??

We do get a few, but the reason it seems disproportionately to go against us is because we rarely get into the box and shoot, same reason we get very few penalties, if you don't break into the box you don't get brought down for penalties, if you don't shoot you are unlikely to get many deflected goals.

In a nut shell its becuase we are far to deep, you get a deflection that close into goal the keeper has no chance. Also we don't press the ball enough, allow to many crosses into the box. Its how both yesterday's goals were conceeded both avoidable, had the Cardiff player been put under more pressure rather than given a "free" cross into the six yard box area.

Cisse was unlucky, got the block in but deflected past Jamo. McManus was in a poor position half facing his own goal but was still unlucky, only trying to put it out for a corner really. Both goals came after good passages of play from Cardiff where they worked the ball into dangerous areas.

it doesn't help when players who are paid fortunes to play the game, turn their backs and jump up in the air every time the 'bag of air' is kicked in their direction, because they are frightened it might mess up their trendy haircuts or hurt their pretty little faces or even worse take one in their 3 piece suite and miss out on the post match spit roast, it never used to happen but then football used to be a contact sport once, well I think it was was, yes my wife just confirmed it.

Didn't both our goals against Southampton at home take huge deflections and go in?

I don't think we've had the rub of the green with a fair few penalty decisions this season but I'm not sure we've been particularly unlucky with deflected goals before yesterday.

Didn't both our goals against Southampton at home take huge deflections and go in?

I don't think we've had the rub of the green with a fair few penalty decisions this season but I'm not sure we've been particularly unlucky with deflected goals before yesterday.

Yeah they did but the deflections at home recently have been against us. Much like Blackpool last night was unfortunate.

Agreed.

I think Saturday's OGs were just bad luck really.

It isn't like it was a game where they took hundreds of shots at us - when Cisse isn't playing there seems no-one to pick up runners coming through. In fact, we got more goal chances than the Taffs.

Sh!t happens when you're near the bottom of the table, as other posters have pointed out.

Archived