IGNORED

Swansea And Cardiff Out The Cups.....

bcfcbs20

they can't have it both ways, can they.

Let them get on with it like that last paragraph said Cardiff would of taken up an English teams place in europe if they beat Liverpool this way at least they won't represent England. Plus they won't be going up so imagine how many more games they would have to play in the championship in the seasons to come.

This is contradictory in my eyes...have them in Welsh cups but English leagues? The welsh cup should be for Welsh league clubs and same for English.

I see it as one of the other not mix and match just to get a higher standard of team representing Wales in Europe.

Would be funny if neither of them won the Welsh cup though....

This is contradictory in my eyes...have them in Welsh cups but English leagues? The welsh cup should be for Welsh league clubs and same for English.

I see it as one of the other not mix and match just to get a higher standard of team representing Wales in Europe.

Yes it's as nearly as contradictory as having Premier League clubs in the FOOTBALL LEAGUE cup, a league they chose to resign from 20 years ago.

Yes it's as nearly as contradictory as having Premier League clubs in the FOOTBALL LEAGUE cup, a league they chose to resign from 20 years ago.

The way i think it should be is Football league clubs play for the League Cup WITH the reward of European Football, All clubs play for FA Cup, JPT kept the same.

Its too late to drag Welsh clubs like Cardiff and Swansea back into the Welsh league because they both have new stadiums which have to be maintained. Look at Darlington playing in the Conference. Swansea and Cardiff would have the same problem if they were to play Welsh football, I doubt that they would get the same crowds they do now

I would be interested to find out if this would generate more money for the welsh clubs and give them an unfair advantage financially relative to other clubs around them that would not be playing in Europe but would be playing in the FA and League cup.

I would be interested to find out if this would generate more money for the welsh clubs and give them an unfair advantage financially relative to other clubs around them that would not be playing in Europe but would be playing in the FA and League cup.

Exactly what I was thinking.

Forgo a couple of games in UK cup competitions to gain a larger financial advantage through European football? Seems a bit of a no brainer for the clubs, especially considering the pool of welsh teams would be dominated by two sides!

Since your club has NEVER won a major cup competition and hasn't appeared in a major cup final for over 100 years (and then only once), you should try a little self-deprecation yourself fred bach.

We'll always be better than you, we're not welsh, We're English, now stick your Dragon up your arse, sideways.

Since your club has NEVER won a major cup competition and hasn't appeared in a major cup final for over 100 years (and then only once), you should try a little self-deprecation yourself fred bach.

Well for a capital City club, one FA Cup isn't much to shout about. Factually speaking, Bristol City has won more Cup finals than Cardiff, so we've a right to be arrogant.

Well for a capital City club, one FA Cup isn't much to shout about. Factually speaking, Bristol City has won more Cup finals than Cardiff, so we've a right to be arrogant.

Factually speaking Wales isn't a country, it's a principality, which means Cardiff only is the capital of a principality.

Throw them out of the leagues and cups, that would solve it all.

I don't mind the welsh clubs playing in our league i wouldn't mind scottish clubs ether (if they start at the bottom) the issue I have is if they are in the english league system they must come under the english FA none of this FAW or SFA,

Thats what I take issue with, if they want to reamian with the FAW then they need to sod off back to the welsh league

Good point. The majority of Cardiff fans don't want to stay with the FAW. If I could pick you up on a point though, we couldn't 'sod off back to the Welsh League' since we've not been in it.

then your an English (with strong welsh ties) club playing in the English league FAW should have nothing to do with you,

Principality, or does Prince Charles, prince of Wales not exist.

Either way it's the arsehole of Europe.

Why would you use archaic terminology and titles from hundreds of years ago. Why not use the definition provided by the UK government and the national statistics office, as I did.

Your second point doesn't warrant comment, you can do better than that.

If the thread on ccmb and the accompanying poll is anything to go by then a sizeable amount on that forum at least don't want to play in the Welsh cup anyway.

http://www.ccmb.co.uk/fudforum/index.php?t=msg&th=314749&rid=9859

I wouldn't give up FA cup and League cup matches to play T.N.S, then if we beat Swansea somewhere along the line we would be able to play some qualifying matches in June against some obscure Romanian team.

The FAW kicked us out before when we were both in the lower leagues and now we are both doing ok and Swansea in the PL they would have us back, no thank you.

The difference being The Premier League and Football League are Intrinsically linked, by Promotion/Relegation.

Yes and the Football League is linked to the Conference in the same way are you saying that Conference teams should be in the League Cup? The competition is the Football League Cup, it's not a Premier League reserve team competition and as such should only be competed for by members of the Football League

You may have logic on your side but it would make the cup much less interesting wouldn't it?

More than likely, but the PL clubs have the best of both worlds, they broke away from the Football League for purely financial reasons but still use the Leagues cup competition as a back door into Europe, people on this thread are saying that Cardiff, Swansea and other Welsh clubs chould not be allowed to compete in an English League (I am not saying I disagree) but seem quite happy to see teams from another competition enter the Football League Cup.

More than likely, but the PL clubs have the best of both worlds, they broke away from the Football League for purely financial reasons but still use the Leagues cup competition as a back door into Europe, people on this thread are saying that Cardiff, Swansea and other Welsh clubs chould not be allowed to compete in an English League (I am not saying I disagree) but seem quite happy to see teams from another competition enter the Football League Cup.

Don't be surprised that people who want Cardiff and Swansea out of the football league may contradict themselves. This is an inevitable consequence of a believe that is based on bigotry.

Archived