IGNORED

Exciting End For Us

Fiale

Whilst it is not the position we wish to be in, the end of this season will be exciting for all the wrong reasons, the nail biting will we avoid relegation or not. The teams in the relegation quagmire - Millwall, Nottingham, Bristol, Doncaster, Coventry and Portsmouth have lots of games against each other....

March 17th

Portsmouth v Bristol

March 20th

Doncaster v Millwall

April 7th

Nottingham v Bristol

April 10th

Portsmouth v Millwall

April 14th

Doncaster v Portsmouth

April 17th

Coventry v Millwall

April 21st

Coventry v Doncaster

April 28th

Nottignham v Portsmouth

With these game being big six pointers Portsmouth are playing 4 of the other relegation contenders, Doncaster and Millwall 3, us and Nottingham 2 - whether you view this as good or bad (6 pointer games against the worst teams in the division, or that teams fighting for their Championship status will be harder than middle tables) is subjective.

Games against relegation contender:

Portsmouth 4

Doncaster 3

Millwall 3

Bristol 2

Nottingham 2

Games against Promotion contenders;

Portsmouth 3 Birmingam, Hull, Southampton

Doncaster 3 Southampton, Birmingham, Middlesborough

Millwall 4 Hull, Blackpool, Southampton, Cardiff

Bristol 3 Middlesborough, BIrmingham, West Ham,

Nottingham 4 Blackpool, Reading, Hull, Brighton,

Getting points against promotion chasing teams at the end of the season will be challenging, we all have 3-4 of these games coming... We have I feel a easier run in, Fewer promotion chasers, and few relegation contenders - hopefully if we can get points from teams coasting to an uneventful, injury free end to their season mid table we will be ok.

Oh dear..... wait for the 'we're Bristol CITY not Bristol' comments!!

Regarding the post, yes will be exciting I was nervously waiting last nights results and cheered out loud when Derby scored!.. it's going to fun (or painful)

Same here, watching other teams results with an eye to how it effects us is damned nerve racking.....

Whilst it is not the position we wish to be in, the end of this season will be exciting for all the wrong reasons, the nail biting will we avoid relegation or not. The teams in the relegation quagmire - Millwall, Nottingham, Bristol, Doncaster, Coventry and Portsmouth have lots of games against each other....

March 17th

Portsmouth v Bristol

March 20th

Doncaster v Millwall

April 7th

Nottingham v Bristol

April 10th

Portsmouth v Millwall

April 14th

Doncaster v Portsmouth

April 17th

Coventry v Millwall

April 21st

Coventry v Doncaster

April 28th

Nottignham v Portsmouth

With these game being big six pointers Portsmouth are playing 4 of the other relegation contenders, Doncaster and Millwall 3, us and Nottingham 2 - whether you view this as good or bad (6 pointer games against the worst teams in the division, or that teams fighting for their Championship status will be harder than middle tables) is subjective.

Games against relegation contender:

Portsmouth 4

Doncaster 3

Millwall 3

Bristol 2

Nottingham 2

Games against Promotion contenders;

Portsmouth 3 Birmingam, Hull, Southampton

Doncaster 3 Southampton, Birmingham, Middlesborough

Millwall 4 Hull, Blackpool, Southampton, Cardiff

Bristol 3 Middlesborough, BIrmingham, West Ham,

Nottingham 4 Blackpool, Reading, Hull, Brighton,

Getting points against promotion chasing teams at the end of the season will be challenging, we all have 3-4 of these games coming... We have I feel a easier run in, Fewer promotion chasers, and few relegation contenders - hopefully if we can get points from teams coasting to an uneventful, injury free end to their season mid table we will be ok.

I think we need to worry only about the result at Fratton Park on March 17th first and foremost.

If we can win that we will move 11(?) points clear of the bottom side.

Ifwe can win it will also mean we don't have to worry about other teams results for the weekend.

would anyone take it now needing a point at Burnley to stay up?

Yes - it would be horrible, nail-biting stuff and I'd be watching through my fingers as they laid seige to our goal, but I think if we went into the last game of the season with our destiny in our own hands then we'd have to take it.

This also reminds us that it is still in our hands - even with Donny having a game in hand that would (on the face of it) put them above us if they won it.

At the moment it feels tight. In two games time it is perfectly possible for us to be feeling "almost there" - or in the depths of despair. We're all down here for a reason and none of us have taken a seeming "turned the corner" mini run any further. Having watched the improved heart for the fight in the last two matches, my guess is the former is more likely (heart), but we'll still be just above the drop zone (head), although hopefully by 1-2 points more than at present

just the thought of needing a win while teams need to lose around us makes me shudder..

it will be beyond nerve wracking

i would hate to be involved in the last day scenario, radio on listening out for other scores etc, cheers then tears, awful day great if you get out of it though.

just the thought of needing a win while teams need to lose around us makes me shudder..

it will be beyond nerve wracking

Could not agree more. In our current situation I still feel while other teams are dropping points we could be ok. However if we slip into the relegation zone and need to rely on teams dropping points as well as us winning then I would be seriously concerned. Pretty much everyday I receive banter from swindle and gashead friends that forget they are in league 2.

It's all getting a bit too much and I am constantly stressing!!!! I just wish we would hurry up and start winning!!

i would hate to be involved in the last day scenario, radio on listening out for other scores etc, cheers then tears, awful day great if you get out of it though.

This reminds me a bit of the 03-04 season on the last day when we had to beat Blackpool and hope Sheff Wed could either draw or beat QPR for us to get automatic. About 20mins into the game a rumour went round the part I was sat in that Sheff Wed were winning. I lost control and went crazy for a few seconds, only to find out about 10mins later it was actually QPR who had scored.

I remember being so nervous that day, I am not sure my nerves would hold out if it went down to the last day for us to survive.

Could not agree more. In our current situation I still feel while other teams are dropping points we could be ok. However if we slip into the relegation zone and need to rely on teams dropping points as well as us winning then I would be seriously concerned. Pretty much everyday I receive banter from swindle and gashead friends that forget they are in league 2.

It's all getting a bit too much and I am constantly stressing!!!! I just wish we would hurry up and start winning!!

Swindle fans are coming out the woodwork aren't they. Funny that - they'll soon disappear if they struggle next season. Remind them they're beating the mighty AFC Wimbledon, Accrington and others.

I keep dreaming about the City and end of season scenarios - last time I dreamt we were 3-3 with Coventry before I woke up. It's doing my head in and I'm constantly thinking about it, but if we do survive it will be awesome - come on City!!

Swindle fans are coming out the woodwork aren't they. Funny that - they'll soon disappear if they struggle next season. Remind them they're beating the mighty AFC Wimbledon, Accrington and others.

I keep dreaming about the City and end of season scenarios - last time I dreamt we were 3-3 with Coventry before I woke up. It's doing my head in and I'm constantly thinking about it, but if we do survive it will be awesome - come on City!!

Yep , BigFatDave is all over this place at the moment !

I spoke to some older lads in the pub after the Cardiff game and said i would welcome this scenario. Being 23, I've only been used to us winning as we have either been top of the tree in L1 or obviously quite decent in the CCC apart and apart from the season we got relegated, where i was a bit too young to really appreciate the bother we we're in, ive never seen us in a relegation battle. They told me they want to be safe ASAP as there hearts couldn't take it but i'd take staying up last game of the season all day long.

Trusting us to pull it off on the last day is another story all together..

Yeah it is funny, haven't heard a peep from swindle fans in years until this season. All jumping on the Di Canio band wagon. I do remind them that they are in league 2. It's as if they think they are back in the prem!!

It is a constant worry!! I just hope we can pull it off, literally dread the thought of league one again.

Archived