IGNORED

Score Predictions For Today's Game

Bcfc3660

Fail to win and we are down, RUBBISH.

So let's say we lose or draw today, but beat Watford, Coventry and Barnsley, are we still down? No.

Some people really are clueless.

Well Said!!

A must win? people are going over the top with all this. Lose today, its still possible to win our last 9 games and stay up. Unlikely yes, but not impossible

What a pathetic reply, yet again 'OPINION' on OTIB is suppressed by reverting to cheap name calling.

To gain points you need momentum, something we have had only very briefly this season, if we can't beat Portsmouth today what makes you believe we can win the 3 games you have ear marked?.

Agree. People never seem to use this forum for what it is for. Some just instantly dismiss other peoples opinion because they don't agree. Rather than use the forum for what it's for and actually take time to debate/talk and exchange opinions and find out why others differ.

And momentum can be huge. We can't just win games just because we should or because we think we can target them as winnable.

Back on the subject, I have a horrible gut feeling today 1-0 pompey. Have been restless and nervy all day. I just can't see us keeping a clean sheet either, which would mean to win we would have to score more than one away from home, when we haven't even been able to score one of late.

I hope beyond hope for something today. Even a point would be something to build on, but as I say, have a horrible gut feeling that they will nick it 1-0.

Well Said!!

A must win? people are going over the top with all this. Lose today, its still possible to win our last 9 games and stay up. Unlikely yes, but not impossible

I suggest you and Volta actually read what I said, I will help you both out "if we don't win today,I think we will almost certainly go down (imo)", which is actually very similar to your UNLIKELY quote (which sort of suggests you don't hold out much hope yourself) at the moment Portsmouth are the worst team in our division and losing senior players right, left and centre and we start as favourites and need to beat them, the damage to morale if we lose will be immeasurable.

I suggest you and Volta actually read what I said, I will help you both out "if we don't win today,I think we will almost certainly go down (imo)", which is actually very similar to your UNLIKELY quote (which sort of suggests you don't hold out much hope yourself) at the moment Portsmouth are the worst team in our division and losing senior players right, left and centre and we start as favourites and need to beat them, the damage to morale if we lose will be immeasurable.

I totally agree with you. Its when people say MUST WIN. Its not a must win.

A MUST WIN is 3rd from bottom with 1 game left and 2 points a drift

We are not the favourite for this match. That is not my opinion, that is a fact.

Well i'm afraid you are wrong, it is a must win game TODAY it is because of my last sentence and because defeat drags us right back into the mire and then the next game becomes a must win game until we actually win a game or are safe every game is a must win game, that is the nature of our plight given the amount of games left and as the matches begin to run out hope/expectation become desperation.

What a pathetic reply, yet again 'OPINION' on OTIB is suppressed by reverting to cheap name calling.

To gain points you need momentum, something we have had only very briefly this season, if we can't beat Portsmouth today what makes you believe we can win the 3 games you have ear marked?.

Your OPINION is a direct CONTRADICTION to the fact there are still 9 games left in the season, ALL of which are winnable.

We are at home against those other teams, they also have poor away records.

It is very much a must win. Sure we can lose and still get out of trouble, but by winning pressure games like this it will put more points between us and give the players hope that when the real pressure games come later on they will know they can cope with it and perform. We hear how the aim of each season is to win promotion, to do so, you have to have players who can handle big situations and come through it. Knowing we are playing a team who are rapidly declining and selling off their better players means we cannot afford to underperform, for the good of our morale and more importantly to ease the pressure for later games.

Absolute must win for me, their characters are very much under the spotlight today.

Well i'm afraid you are wrong, it is a must win game TODAY it is because of my last sentence and because defeat drags us right back into the mire and then the next game becomes a must win game until we actually win a game or are safe every game is a must win game, that is the nature of our plight given the amount of games left and as the matches begin to run out hope/expectation become desperation.

So let me get this straight, today is a must win, if we lose, then the next game becomes a must win......?????

The whole point of a must win game is that, if you lose, you are down!!! This is why you are talking rubbish. The fact is it isn't a must win until we are in a position where Nything bar 3 points ain't enough to keep us in the league.

So let me get this straight, today is a must win, if we lose, then the next game becomes a must win......?????

The whole point of a must win game is that, if you lose, you are down!!! This is why you are talking rubbish. The fact is it isn't a must win until we are in a position where Nything bar 3 points ain't enough to keep us in the league.

OK peeps, this is a awfully nice if we win game, seriously tho the three points would really help keep the ship on a steady course

It is very much a must win. Sure we can lose and still get out of trouble, but by winning pressure games like this it will put more points between us and give the players hope that when the real pressure games come later on they will know they can cope with it and perform. We hear how the aim of each season is to win promotion, to do so, you have to have players who can handle big situations and come through it. Knowing we are playing a team who are rapidly declining and selling off their better players means we cannot afford to underperform, for the good of our morale and more importantly to ease the pressure for later games.

Absolute must win for me, their characters are very much under the spotlight today.

A Needed win yes. A must win no. This game doesnt send us down

A needed win yes. A must win no. Todays game doesnt send us down

We are not the favourite for this match. That is not my opinion, that is a fact.

You are correct according to the bookies, but even with our piss poor results over the past 6 games Portsmouth have only taken 1 point to our 4, they have only scored 1 goal (and that was in a 3-1 defeat) we have scored 7 and we have been playing better where as Portsmouth are in the middle of a dire run of form, the more worrying point for me is given the stats of the past 6 games if the bookies think we are going to lose today and given the fact they more often than not get it right, we are well in the shit.

So let me get this straight, today is a must win, if we lose, then the next game becomes a must win......????? The whole point of a must win game is that, if you lose, you are down!!! This is why you are talking rubbish. The fact is it isn't a must win until we are in a position where Nything bar 3 points ain't enough to keep us in the league.

OK you win it's only a must win if it mathematically relegates us, I must remember to point that out to the TV pundits and football journo's.

OK you win it's only a must win if it mathematically relegates us, I must remember to point that out to the TV pundits and football journo's.

Don't forget the original post I quoted......you said if we fail to win, IYO, we are down. Now you are tracking back saying that next week is must win and then the next week.

If we lose today, it will prove that we are not good enough to stay in this division and the future will look very bleak if Donny beat Derby & Coventry get a point at Watford.

Today is a must win for me on multiple levels (points, confidence, momentum).

My predictions:

Pompey 2-1 Us

Donny 2-1 Derby

Watford 2-2 Coventry

BCAGFC

If we lose today, it will prove that we are not good enough to stay in this division and the future will look very bleak if Donny beat Derby & Coventry get a point at Watford.

Today is a must win for me on multiple levels (points, confidence, momentum).

My predictions:

Pompey 2-1 Us

Donny 2-1 Derby

Watford 2-2 Coventry

BCAGFC

Not a MUST win

Archived