IGNORED

Key For Survival

atyeoboy17

If we want Championship football next season, we need to bring in some players who want to play for the club. We were carrying to many players yesterday, and if that continues, we will go down.

3 players who were a constant threat yesterday, and would fit well into our lineup, for me, would be Norris ( who, i thought, was man of the match ), Varney ( who for a small player, was good in the air, and run his heart out ) and Halford ( a full back, who also has a very long throw ) would all improve City.

Money may be an obstacle, but with Pompeys money situation, surely a deal could be arranged.

With our current crop of players, i feel we are going down, help is needed.

I hope im wrong.

If we want Championship football next season, we need to bring in some players who want to play for the club. We were carrying to many players yesterday, and if that continues, we will go down.

3 players who were a constant threat yesterday, and would fit well into our lineup, for me, would be Norris ( who, i thought, was man of the match ), Varney ( who for a small player, was good in the air, and run his heart out ) and Halford ( a full back, who also has a very long throw ) would all improve City.

Money may be an obstacle, but with Pompeys money situation, surely a deal could be arranged.

With our current crop of players, i feel we are going down, help is needed.

I hope im wrong.

Sorry , but what makes you think those 3 players want to play for City any more than some of our current players. ?

I'm fairly sure ,at the very least, from yesterday's team Carey & Fonts want to play for City. You could probably include Stead as well. Now if you're talking about the quality of those players , that's a different matter.

I thought cisse, fonts and macmanus all had good games yesterday, stead was giving it his all as usual. The rest of them just didnt look like they were putting in the effort to get the game won, or simply didnt have the ability to deal with portsmouths hard work ethics. Mcinnes will have done a sterling job to keep us up this year, i look forward to seeing his team next year, hopefully in the championship!

I thought cisse, fonts and macmanus all had good games yesterday, stead was giving it his all as usual. The rest of them just didnt look like they were putting in the effort to get the game won, or simply didnt have the ability to deal with portsmouths hard work ethics. Mcinnes will have done a sterling job to keep us up this year, i look forward to seeing his team next year, hopefully in the championship!

Didn't go mate so take your word for it, however I often wondered if it is class that's lacking not passion ? Sometimes I see players like rabbits in the head lights when they are facing quality opposition, as soon as they relies they are not in the same league their heads go down. Perhaps why we see class players like cisse battling on?

Not convinced myself but worth consideration?

Didn't go mate so take your word for it, however I often wondered if it is class that's lacking not passion ? Sometimes I see players like rabbits in the head lights when they are facing quality opposition, as soon as they relies they are not in the same league their heads go down. Perhaps why we see class players like cisse battling on?

Not convinced myself but worth consideration?

There was enough experience on the field yesterday and passion, both sides knew that losing would be a disaster hence shit scrappy game. Also quality wise we have took six of the Saints.

Pompey, Coventry and maybe hopefully Florist are fighting for survival we have 1 point so far out of those 2 away and one home games.

Teams below us have to claw back 4 points at the moment;

i.m.o the "key to survival" is not to panic and stress but to chill, believe and enjoy; that goes for players and fans.

DONT PANIC

Pompey, Coventry and maybe hopefully Florist are fighting for survival we have 1 point so far out of those 2 away and one home games.

Teams below us have to claw back 4 points at the moment;

i.m.o the "key to survival" is not to panic and stress but to chill, believe and enjoy; that goes for players and fans.

DONT PANIC

Agreed, not picking up many points at the mo maybe, however we are slowing improving and heading in the right direction.

Keep calm and carry on !!

Archived