IGNORED

Loan Window Closes Thursday

jeade

Are we likely to be active before the window closes on Thursday? Any thoughts/anyone know anything?

Also anyone know when Skuse will be available

I wouldn't of thought we would be bringing anymore players in. The reason being that there just isn't any better players that are available for loan.

I don't think we will see Skuse, Elliot or Wilson play at all the rest of this season if I'm honest.

Are we likely to be active before the window closes on Thursday? Any thoughts/anyone know anything?

Also anyone know when Skuse will be available

I don't know how the loan system works but if there are no decent English or Scottish players available on loan then perhaps we should try the top Dutch and German clubs for their spare players? If no quality players are signed then it's a real gamble on being good enough to stay in the Championship.

Push the boat out for a top drawer loan signing and it may just give us the spark we need to pick up the 3 or 4 wins we'll need to stay up.

I really can't believe that there is nobody available who would improve us.

Failure to act and we may live to regret it in a similar way to our play off season - a bit more quality then would've seen us up automatically.

Push the boat out for a top drawer loan signing and it may just give us the spark we need to pick up the 3 or 4 wins we'll need to stay up.

Failure to act and we may live to regret it in a similar way to our play off season - a bit more quality then would've seen us up automatically.

Charlie Adam is the player we need, SL get the cheque book out, every player has his price.

I don't know how the loan system works but if there are no decent English or Scottish players available on loan then perhaps we should try the top Dutch and German clubs for their spare players? If no quality players are signed then it's a real gamble on being good enough to stay in the Championship.

Teams cannot loan players from outside of their Federation/Association after the transfer windows have shut.

We have to loan players within the English FAs jurisdiction.

Don't think we will get anyone in but, IMO, we could do with a speedy striker to get behind defences away from home.

BCAGFC

I agree 100%, the money we would lose dropping out if the championship would be significant compared with say a top quality Striker for a month.

Hope you try and get James McFadden on loan.He is back playing again in the Everton reserves.Needs first team football to get back in the Scotland picture.He can play on the wings,or as a striker.Would do a good job for you.And is creative and will make chances for others.And always good enough to do it for himself out off nothing.

maybe darren anderton would like to come out of retirement to be injured for us for a few games?? carry on the loan signing trend

Even wee Maloney could do you a turn.He is at Wigan and not getting games.Dont know if he is injured.He could get goals at championship level to like McFadden.

Which is of course correct. People will go on about getting a decent striker in, but decent strikers aren't available for loan at this stage of the season. You are always gambling on a youngster or someone out of favour.

Stopping the leaks won't win us many games, but it might stop us losing a couple, and at the end of the season that may well be enough.

We need a goal scorer asap

I don't think we do...

We have Stead and Pitman, who have proved they will score goals.

We also have Chris Wood, who scored ten goals before Christmas...... and one since..

These three have enough ability between them to score the goals to keep us in the Championship.

What we desperately need is someone capable of creating the chances for them.................

Archived