IGNORED

Last Home League Victory Against Watford Anyone?

Kid in the Riot

20th March 1993

City 2 Watford 1

Though we did beat them at AG 1-0 in the Carling Cup in 2003 (AET).

Since that win in 1993 we have played Watford at AG 9 times, drawing 7 (!) and losing 2.

Odds on another draw tomorrow? 12/5. The bookies actually make us favourites for this one.

That despite Watford being in decent form and their last two results on the road being a win at Derby and draw at West Ham.

In effect though they now have nothing to play for in terms of promotion/relegation.

No excuses then, we have to want it more than them, get stuck in and attack from the outset.

A draw is no good, a win would be a massive step forward in terms of survival. Can't see Cov (away to Cardiff) or Forest (away to Leeds) getting any points and one of or both of Millwall/Donny will drop points as they play each other.

Another big atmosphere required...COME ON THE REDS :city:

We are relying on battling qualities at the moment, something dyche has instilled in Watford, could be a really horrible game to watch, I think if we come away with a point we will have done well. If the crowd and atmosphere can help them over the line for a win I'd be elated.

Got to say I have been more impressed with our battling qualities recently, even if the football being played is not helping us stay up. With some luck and poor opposition finishing, we may limp over the finishing line. I have everything crossed. A month ago I would have had us 100% to go down, the change in attitude on the pitch has moved that to 80%.

COYR, keep the battling going and hope for some luck as well.

We are relying on battling qualities at the moment, something dyche has instilled in Watford, could be a really horrible game to watch, I think if we come away with a point we will have done well. If the crowd and atmosphere can help them over the line for a win I'd be elated.

Got to say I have been more impressed with our battling qualities recently, even if the football being played is not helping us stay up. With some luck and poor opposition finishing, we may limp over the finishing line. I have everything crossed. A month ago I would have had us 100% to go down, the change in attitude on the pitch has moved that to 80%.

Watford apparently missed a fair few chances v Cov on Saturday and they don't score many away from home (15 all season) so I'm hopeful that a couple of goals will do it for us and there are now at least signs that we are capable of scoring goals at home

Watford apparently missed a fair few chances v Cov on Saturday and they don't score many away from home (15 all season) so I'm hopeful that a couple of goals will do it for us and there are now at least signs that we are capable of scoring goals at home

That could be a good omen, especially as stead has found his shooting boots at home.

Just seen Ian Wright tweet this (impressive if true):

Any idea how many we've done?!

I reckon people might actually be surprised by how many debuts we've given to academy products (I have no idea of the figure), but the key thing would be what opportunities they've gone on to get. We've often played youth players towards the end of the season, but then they've not had another chance.

Archived