IGNORED

"deserving" To Stay Up/go Down

whale

Was talking to a Coventry yesterday who basically seemed to think Coventry "deserve" to stay up more than we do.

Was only a brief chat so didn't ask why but it got me thinking. Why?!

At the end of the day, the teams at the bottom are there because they have less points than the other teams so surely everyone deserves to be where they are? Come the end of the season, the bottom 3 will be there on merit.

I've heard him say throughout the year how unlucky they've been in certain games so I assume it must be to do with that and I'm hoping his seeming hatred for all things Bristol City are purely down to the fact we are in a relegation scrap with them! Albeit my feelings for Coventry are purely neutral! Just hope that they finish below us! He also said he believed Coventry to have a stronger squad than us so I got thinking which of their players would I take at City.

Jutkiewicz was a good player but has obviously already left them.

Murphy in goal I'm sure everyone remembers from his time at Scunny is a pretty good keeper at this level and from reading online he seems to have been putting in some quality displays recently which have gained Coventry some points. Always seems to wind up the crowd in a similar way to Billy Sharp when playing against us. Must be a scunny thing?

Keogh plays at centre half for them with a lad called Jordan Clarke who I think has had good reviews this season but could well be getting him confused with someone else! McSheffery is back there in midfield and Sammy Clingan who I think used to play at Swindon captains them in centre midfield.

I think Freddy Eastwood who of course scored a hat trick for Southend against us a few years back is injured but he might just be dropped. Would seem strange though as goals seem to have been an issue for them all season.

A few other players who I've heard of but none that I'd think of wanting here. Out of the names I mentioned none would really strike me as being a significant improvement on what we have at the moment. However I'm pretty sure that they would look at our squad and think exactly the same thing!

Was talking to a Coventry yesterday who basically seemed to think Coventry "deserve" to stay up more than we do.

Was only a brief chat so didn't ask why but it got me thinking. Why?!

At the end of the day, the teams at the bottom are there because they have less points than the other teams so surely everyone deserves to be where they are? Come the end of the season, the bottom 3 will be there on merit.

I've heard him say throughout the year how unlucky they've been in certain games so I assume it must be to do with that and I'm hoping his seeming hatred for all things Bristol City are purely down to the fact we are in a relegation scrap with them! Albeit my feelings for Coventry are purely neutral! Just hope that they finish below us! He also said he believed Coventry to have a stronger squad than us so I got thinking which of their players would I take at City.

Jutkiewicz was a good player but has obviously already left them.

Murphy in goal I'm sure everyone remembers from his time at Scunny is a pretty good keeper at this level and from reading online he seems to have been putting in some quality displays recently which have gained Coventry some points. Always seems to wind up the crowd in a similar way to Billy Sharp when playing against us. Must be a scunny thing?

Keogh plays at centre half for them with a lad called Jordan Clarke who I think has had good reviews this season but could well be getting him confused with someone else! McSheffery is back there in midfield and Sammy Clingan who I think used to play at Swindon captains them in centre midfield.

I think Freddy Eastwood who of course scored a hat trick for Southend against us a few years back is injured but he might just be dropped. Would seem strange though as goals seem to have been an issue for them all season.

A few other players who I've heard of but none that I'd think of wanting here. Out of the names I mentioned none would really strike me as being a significant improvement on what we have at the moment. However I'm pretty sure that they would look at our squad and think exactly the same thing!

The highlighted paragraph is it in a nutshell.

Teams at the bottom always think they are unlucky - All teams (bar Man Utd) have big decisions that go against them several times a season.

I hope we can do enough to stay up - but if we dont - its what we deserve IMO.

The one team I WANT to go down is Donny - after all the bollox they come out with after our game with them - Dean Saunders especially, I WILL LOVE IT if they go down. Would also be happy for forest to go down.

Other than that I just hope we dont go down. I like being one very good season away from the prem.

Teams at the bottom always think they are unlucky - All teams (bar Man Utd) have big decisions that go against them several times a season.

I hope we can do enough to stay up - but if we dont - its what we deserve IMO.

The one team I WANT to go down is Donny - after all the bollox they come out with after our game with them - Dean Saunders especially, I WILL LOVE IT if they go down. Would also be happy for forest to go down.

Other than that I just hope we dont go down. I like being one very good season away from the prem.

+1

Hope and actually believe we just have enough to stay up.

I will lose no sleep if Donny go down, team

And supporters full of shxt. Not a lover of Coventry either and as for forest ....... What do you think. So that would be the bottom 3 if I could choose, but I can't, so as pointed out the 3 with the lowest points will go down, irrespective of who deserves it.

We deserve to go down a piss poor team,that will be in the bottom three come the end of the season.

As it stands we are the form Team in the relegation fight (over the last 25 games)

As it stands we don't deserve to go down cus we ain't in the bottom 3 "as it stands"

Simpels

if you finish in the bottom 3 you deserve to go down its that simple

The league table never lies! Come in the bottom 3 and you deserve to go down!

The only reason we are outside the relegation places at present is because the men in suits at the FA/Football League have administered a ten point penalty on Portsmouth.

Yes, the worst three sides over 46 games usually have no excuses, but if we survive in 21st place and we are less than 10 points above Portsmouth, we will have to be accept that maybe in this case the table may lie.!!!!

If this is to be to final scenario, whilst celebrating the "success" of survival, we must learn the lessons from this woeful period of the last two seasons, and look to regain some forward momentum.

Forget promotion/play off place talk and concentrate on rebuilding a team/squad that will firstly banish the relegation worries in future seasons, and then, only then, look upwards to greater glory.

The only reason we are outside the relegation places at present is because the men in suits at the FA/Football League have administered a ten point penalty on Portsmouth.

On the other hand you could argue that Portsmouth were only above us because they were spending money that they didn't have on players they couldn't afford.

The ten point penalty isn't a harsh penalty, it's there to punish clubs whose owners are not prepared to play on a level playing field.

Now, you could say that the FA should actually use the fit and proper person test instead of ignoring every crook who decides to buy a football club, but that's essentially a different issue.

On the other hand you could argue that Portsmouth were only above us because they were spending money that they didn't have on players they couldn't afford.

The ten point penalty isn't a harsh penalty, it's there to punish clubs whose owners are not prepared to play on a level playing field.

Now, you could say that the FA should actually use the fit and proper person test instead of ignoring every crook who decides to buy a football club, but that's essentially a different issue.

I don't disagree with you Judge Roughneck.

However, if it were us in Portsmouths position, you may feel differently?

It may not be an overly harsh penalty, but the only people to suffer are the clubs lifeblood. The likes of you and I.

If survival is achieved in this manner, I will gladly accept it, but will have empathy for the supporters of Portsmouth.

Whoever goes down, deserves to go down. However, I would like Doncaster to go down. The set up there, with all the agent power and loanees being put on the shop window is something that is a little odious. I'd prefer Coventry to go down as well just because they're a little 'stale' as a club..little to no atmosphere is produced by them. Final team? Probably Pompey - but only because of their business management issues, hopefully it'll serve as a sort of a lessons to others - I have respect for them as a club though. I'd rather Forest and Millwall to stay up because even if you hate the clubs the edge with them adds to a bit of excitement. I'd more look forward seeing them place us than a team like Donnie or Coventry that's for sure.

Sounds somewhat bitter and twisted, know doubt p-ssed off with the mighty Cov City, a club that has been decline for years, almost ever since there relegation from the prem. If we dont win most of our home games we will be joining them anyway, as for luck we have not had any this season, know doubt the same as them.

Archived