IGNORED

Didn't See That Coming

Dorset_Cider

We haven't beaten Watford at home since the 90s, it was never going to be easy game, it never is.

Sean Dyche has them playing with pride & passion, something we show very rarely.

Thought we would get a point tonight, on Coventry's form, they are going to batter us.

BCAGFC

I wasn't able to make it tonight.................lucky me...........can someone who was there talk us through the Calamity own goal....i would love to hear the finer details!!

Simple cross come towards the edge of the area. Mcmanus looked like he was going to deal with it comfortably, but james comes out of nowhere and somehow punches it backwards. Ends up rolling into the net before mcmanus could clear. As howlers go this is right up there

We haven't beaten Watford at home since the 90s, it was never going to be easy game, it never is.

Sean Dyche has them playing with pride & passion, something we show very rarely.

Thought we would get a point tonight, on Coventry's form, they are going to batter us.

BCAGFC

Yep it's not the goals against that hurt so much as just not being able to get back into the game in any meaningful way,shape or form :(

What actually hurts is:

We are sh!t.

The players do not care (im not falling for the 'we care', 'we hurt' bullshit )

I pay my hard earned for a ST + on average 5-8 away games per season whilst watching those pr!cks pull up in 12 plate £50k plus motors

We are going down to play the likes of Rochdale back in the league one doldrums ( before tonight i actually thought we could survive )

I hurt because we as fans are so distraught by performances i saw the players clapped off tonight - why the **** why?!

These players hav had it too easy for too long.

And i 'look forward' to Boro on saturday (not).

BCAGFC

I note that you didn't use the words skill,technique or entertainment. They are simply the worst side I've seen in this league since we got promoted - and we lost embarassingly to them. That left back never looked to pass it once. If we'd got the ball into feet in the box we'd have won, but no we kept lumping long balls at Martin Taylor who is the epitome of what is wrong with English football. He can't control a ball, let alone pass it but has had a decent career in the Championship and Premier League.

What a depressing evening.

What actually hurts is:

We are sh!t.

The players do not care (im not falling for the 'we care', 'we hurt' bullshit )

I pay my hard earned for a ST + on average 5-8 away games per season whilst watching those pr!cks pull up in 12 plate £50k plus motors

We are going down to play the likes of Rochdale back in the league one doldrums ( before tonight i actually thought we could survive )

I hurt because we as fans are so distraught by performances i saw the players clapped off tonight - why the **** why?!

These players hav had it too easy for too long.

And i 'look forward' to Boro on saturday (not).

You cover a number of interesting issues in you statement.

1. I agree the players are well paid and do not seem to think that there is any privilage in receiving a big wad for what they do...... the may well come over as not giving a sh1t

(not unlike other people you meet in similar positions in life or may even work with) They are not all like that though?

2. For most of us there is a big dent in our hard earned wad to follow something we feel passionate about...... and that this passion does not seem shared by the very people you help pay at the end of the day........ I feel the club in truth is a business that wants your money but hides behind a shared passion & desire at times. They sell you the dream but like so many others fall well short of actually delivering the goods. How much money have we all spent on BCFC now or in the past........ it counts for nothing once spent...... that support in the past is worth nothing to the club 'Now' only the additional money they take off you....... It's like tax... the money the government takes is already spent...... but with regard to a football club I suppose it does mean we still have a club to be passionate about even if the team is a bit sh1t at the moment?

3. We are not down yet but if the players don't win games we will be...... you me and may others have shared the hurt before..... it's never nice.

4.We all express our feelings in different ways.... some may feel that showing support by clapping off the players is a better way of expressing it than going boooo?

5. You and most of us Bristol City fans might not always agree but we are all BCFC fans and despite being a sh1t team we will still be BCFC..... it's a life choice...... what other team is there :)

You cover a number of interesting issues in you statement.

1. I agree the players are well paid and do not seem to think that there is any privilage in receiving a big wad for what they do...... the may well come over as not giving a sh1t

(not unlike other people you meet in similar positions in life or may even work with) They are not all like that though?

2. For most of us there is a big dent in our hard earned wad to follow something we feel passionate about...... and that this passion does not seem shared by the very people you help pay at the end of the day........ I feel the club in truth is a business that wants your money but hides behind a shared passion & desire at times. They sell you the dream but like so many others fall well short of actually delivering the goods. How much money have we all spent on BCFC now or in the past........ it counts for nothing once spent...... that support in the past is worth nothing to the club 'Now' only the additional money they take off you....... It's like tax... the money the government takes is already spent...... but with regard to a football club I suppose it does mean we still have a club to be passionate about even if the team is a bit sh1t at the moment?

3. We are not down yet but if the players don't win games we will be...... you me and may others have shared the hurt before..... it's never nice.

4.We all express our feelings in different ways.... some may feel that showing support by clapping off the players is a better way of expressing it than going boooo?

5. You and most of us Bristol City fans might not always agree but we are all BCFC fans and despite being a sh1t team we will still be BCFC..... it's a life choice...... what other team is there :)

It sure is. U know, ive got mates who 'support' Man City/Utd etc and one of them had the cheek to say the other day its hard supporting 'their' team. F&ck off. They dont even know the half of it.

lack of funding by mr rich " cannot put a foot wrong" landsdown. What i ask has he done for the club? apart from give us a lot of debt, a team full of div one players at best, sorry he is not the golden boy many make him out to be. New ground, ha ha, please do not make me laugh. Who will go and fill it up. What a joke. This bloke has messed up far too much with his appointments and funding of out and out rubbish. How far have we really moved on as a club with him on broad, not that far!! Losing 12 mill a year for what, nothing!! This club has been run into the ground again, but by some one with more money,.

I blame him for all that is the mess that we find ourself in, its down to him. But hey he is ok, as he does not even live in bristol, nor attend that many games.

All he had to do was to fund the team while we were an a attractive offer a few years back back after the play offs. No we went for the cheap option, and its got us into DIV one next season.

The buck stops with him. Will it be any different next season ? No it will not be, again it will be doing it on the cheap while other things off the playing field make him look good why spending money the club does does not have in the first place.

All he had to do was to fund the team while we were an a attractive offer a few years back back after the play offs. No we went for the cheap option, and its got us into DIV one next season.

Whilst Landsdown and the board have made some poor decisions, it's not really fair to say he didn't fund the team after the play offs. We spent a record fee on a striker the next season and spent heavily the season after that on the likes of Haynes, Sno, Hartley etc - I might be wrong but think I read somewhere we had one of the highest wage bills in the division that season, certainly well beyond our means. Lansdown's got a few things wrong but it's not fair to say he didn't put the money up after the play-offs, which makes it even more baffling that we seem to have nothing to show for it in our current team...

lack of funding by mr rich " cannot put a foot wrong" landsdown. What i ask has he done for the club? apart from give us a lot of debt, a team full of div one players at best, sorry he is not the golden boy many make him out to be. New ground, ha ha, please do not make me laugh. Who will go and fill it up. What a joke. This bloke has messed up far too much with his appointments and funding of out and out rubbish. How far have we really moved on as a club with him on broad, not that far!! Losing 12 mill a year for what, nothing!! This club has been run into the ground again, but by some one with more money,.

I blame him for all that is the mess that we find ourself in, its down to him. But hey he is ok, as he does not even live in bristol, nor attend that many games.

The buck stops with him. Will it be any different next season ? No it will not be, again it will be doing it on the cheap while other things off the playing field make him look good why spending money the club does does not have in the first place.

More interesting issues...... this is hotting up.

What I don't get is how you see other clubs manage to be more successful than us and acheive better results on the cheap...... does not add up.

I would also complain that 'share ownership' for BCFC fans of their club never really seems to get opened up or mentioned.

Am I wrong or is it just that we never get a chance other than existing share transferal..... someone might like to put me straight on this?

Steve L has kept us afloat but is not a God that never makes mistakes.

Archived