IGNORED

A Total Disaster - In Need Of Hand Grenade...

Olé

Worst performance in many years. Out of people to blame. The whole organisation is a disaster. John Stead tries, everything else is comically bad or getting progressively worse. Foster is not good enough for this level of football. We're so bad it's not a question of blaming the manager or the players, they're all as disastrous as each other. We're equally out of ideas, motivation, and confidence. For every bad decision by McInnes - moving Pearson to an ineffectual position, taking off Pittman - there is a player also looking less and less likely to get us out of this mess. The fullbacks are awful, James slipped back into calamity-land and we evidently don't have a centre back worth the name with the guile to cut out the first ball or boss our area. We're a soft touch, we're weak in every area, and we have nothing in reserve to change it. We're not even good enough to be doomed as that would imply we ever weren't. When the club chooses to play Michael Buble and James Blunt at half time, you know the whole place has given up. There isn't a nasty streak from top to bottom. We're so nice we're boringly bad. Hand grenade anyone?

We were abysmal.

The (not so) funny thing is - so were Watford.

Both games between us and Watford this season have been comically bad.

The reaction to going 2-0 down was pathetic, no, non-existent.

There are many League One clubs that would've come and put 3/4 goals past us tonight without reply.

A thoroughly depressing evening

Worst performance in many years. Out of people to blame. The whole organisation is a disaster. John Stead tries, everything else is comically bad or getting progressively worse. Foster is not good enough for this level of football. We're so bad it's not a question of blaming the manager or the players, they're all as disastrous as each other. We're equally out of ideas, motivation, and confidence. For every bad decision by McInnes - moving Pearson to an ineffectual position, taking off Pittman - there is a player also looking less and less likely to get us out of this mess. The fullbacks are awful, James slipped back into calamity-land and we evidently don't have a centre back worth the name with the guile to cut out the first ball or boss our area. We're a soft touch, we're weak in every area, and we have nothing in reserve to change it. We're not even good enough to be doomed as that would imply we ever weren't. When the club chooses to play Michael Buble and James Blunt at half time, you know the whole place has given up. There isn't a nasty streak from top to bottom. We're so nice we're boringly bad. Hand grenade anyone?

You are joking about Pitman? He was a disgrace tonight. Arguing with Stead - he barely broke into a sweat. I was amazed he came out for the 2nd half. He took 2 decent free kicks and that was it. In huge contrast to the Leicester game when he ran his b*******s off.

You are joking about Pitman? He was a disgrace tonight.

Don't get me wrong, he was no better than the rest of the clowns and I agree that at times he just isn't bothered, I simply thought taking off a striker at 2-0 down was an odd decision when the likes of Foster seem incapable of offering anything at either end of the pitch and we're already failing to break them down with 2 up top. When goal difference and defending is as bad as ours, why are we still trying to have a solid base. Effing go for it, stick an extra body up top. The change in the team that resulted in moving Pearson out wide (where he was 10x less effective) was as bad as it got. But so many of the players were so bad that it's hard to pin it on the manager. Everyone involved is struggling.

I hope Carey was injured because if his going off was tactical, then with the way Foster was playing (so much worse) you can bet the divisions in the squad between old and new will rear their ugly head again. On a side note, does anyone know why McAllister jogged over for that second half corner as if we were playing for time? Has everyone gone stark raving mad or just given up?

. On a side note, does anyone know why McAllister jogged over for that second half corner as if we were playing for time? Has everyone gone stark raving mad or just given up?

He knew Donny were 3-0 down so thought on balance 0-2 was an ok result?

Don't get me wrong, he was no better than the rest of the clowns and I agree that at times he just isn't bothered, I simply thought taking off a striker at 2-0 down was an odd decision when the likes of Foster seem incapable of offering anything at either end of the pitch and we're already failing to break them down with 2 up top. When goal difference and defending is as bad as ours, why are we still trying to have a solid base. Effing go for it, stick an extra body up top. The change in the team that resulted in moving Pearson out wide (where he was 10x less effective) was as bad as it got. But so many of the players were so bad that it's hard to pin it on the manager. Everyone involved is struggling.

I hope Carey was injured because if his going off was tactical, then with the way Foster was playing (so much worse) you can bet the divisions in the squad between old and new will rear their ugly head again. On a side note, does anyone know why McAllister jogged over for that second half corner as if we were playing for time? Has everyone gone stark raving mad or just given up?

I agree about Pearson. Unfortunately, his adaptability counts against him, especially as we have no decent left sided midfielders. The best was Joe Bryan. Get him back in the side.

I'd rather have an inept right winger/full back who tries over a disinterested 'poacher'.

I agree about Pearson. Unfortunately, his adaptability counts against him, especially as we have no decent left sided midfielders. The best was Joe Bryan. Get him back in the side.

I'd rather have an inept right winger/full back who tries over a disinterested 'poacher'.

Derek Riordan would be a great winger for you.He wont come back to the UK till next year though.Down to tax reason he can only stay in the UK for a certain time a year.He was playing over in China.If your chairman could dip his hand in his pocket to make it worth while for him.I reckon he would be the type off player you need.He is two footed and creative,and scores goals from all angles.He will be a decent free transfer for a club next year.He is a player who has so much talent.And just needs the right manager to get it out off him.Be a good guy to get in for nothing next year for you even.If you can manage to stay up

You are joking about Pitman? He was a disgrace tonight. Arguing with Stead - he barely broke into a sweat. I was amazed he came out for the 2nd half. He took 2 decent free kicks and that was it. In huge contrast to the Leicester game when he ran his b*******s off.

Though I'll be accused of hating him again, I agree. His hissy fit when substituted despite the fact he contributed **** all to the cause and his strike partner was man of the match says all I need to know about him. Self obssessed which we really don't need in a relegation struggle.

we're ****** because we've bought players with the wrong personalities for this kind of fight. Only Stead and McManus play with heart and determination in our entire ******* team!?

Though I'll be accused of hating him again, I agree. His hissy fit when substituted despite the fact he contributed **** all to the cause and his strike partner was man of the match says all I need to know about him. Self obssessed which we really don't need in a relegation struggle.

we're ****** because we've bought players with the wrong personalities for this kind of fight. Only Stead and McManus play with heart and determination in our entire ******* team!?

Yet he was the only player on the pitch who came remotely close to scoring. Steads miss towards the end sums him up, fantastic effort but sadly not a good enough striker. If we are pinning our hopes on staying up on a player who has averaged 7 goals a season over his whole career, including 24 in league 2, then we are well and truly ******.

With the rather strange tactics we employed tonight, playing long ball against a defence that is massive no sane person would pick Pitman and stead up top with wood on the bench. Yet with completely mental tactics only one of our players looked like they might score and it was the one who apparently couldn't be ****** while the one who ran his arse off all game looked like he couldn't score in a brothel.

I know which one is back to get us out of trouble and it ain't stead.

Excellent post and I feel very sad to have to write that that's the way it really now is at this football club.

Well said.

And said by one of the more thoughtful posters on this forum. If anyone at the club reads what is written on here they should be very worried. Some of the more loyal and constructive forum members are losing faith and making some pertinent and challenging observations. I put myself in the camp of people who kind of gave up a while ago...I have no faith in the current Board...but plenty had that faith until very recently.

But where is the rallying cry from the club itself? It's left to McInnes who has been at the Gate for 5 minutes and can't be blamed for having such a poor squad to work with. So where is Lansdown or Colin S....both very happy (particularly SL) to hog the limelight when things were going well.

Who is out there this morning saying to supporters that they are getting a grip?

We'll wait and see...

Archived