IGNORED

Albert

old_eastender

Agreed. Seriously lacking in confidence and purpose at moment. Like most people I love Albert buf he has been pretty inconsistent most of the season and whilst he has had his moments he has been a shadow of the pkayer last season on a number of occasions. I think bringing him off the bench for the next few games would actually help him and the team

the problem is who do we play?

Drop Albert we only have balsie and foster as cover on the right, if foster plays their who do we play at right back as we only have skuse riberio and Edwards as cover and skuse, riberio are injured and edwards is out on loan,

Itsw great saying drop alb but for god sake suggest who we can replace him with who might be able to put half asw much effort in as albert

Drop Albert we only have balsie and foster as cover on the right, if foster plays their who do we play at right back as we only have skuse riberio and Edwards as cover and skuse, riberio are injured and edwards is out on loan,

Itsw great saying drop alb but for god sake suggest who we can replace him with who might be able to put half asw much effort in as albert

Didn't see any probs when dropped against Leic & Baadiff?

ATM We need an end product which Albert is terribly lacking I'm afraid..........impact sub is best ATM IMO....in fact he is the only different option we have to offer when he is on the bench.......all other subs are "like for like"

What I have thought for the past few games now is other clubs have him sussed. Even last night when he got the ball he immediately had 3 on him as did others, but against Cardiff and other previous games, they put two or three on him and surround him.

I think he is lacking confidence but also other clubs have his game sussed and he has no plan B.

MM

Been saying this for months, out of form and no end product. Needs a spell out the side and stick in bolassie.

Agreed.

I have always been a big fan of Albert, as I'm sure most of us are/were, but this prolonged absence of any kind of form is becoming rather worrying!

I was thinking last night during one of the many times that he failed to run into space, track back and defend effectively or scuffed yet another lame effort towards the gratefull grasp of their keeper, what his stock currently stands at....?

Of course, mention of £10 million was ridiculous at the time, but based on previous impressions, surely he must still carry a market value of £2million..??

Could be good money to help rebuild the squad that Del wants, or.... do we stick with him and hope that his form returns to something like it used to be?

This is the time when players like Albert need to be stepping up and changing the game for us, providing that bit of spark or magic that can get us vital points. Unfortunately though, he appears to be hiding more and more during games and any end product seems to have dissappeared almost totally.

I have been clinging onto the hope that his next match winning performance is just around the corner, but we do not have too many more corners available before our fate is sealed!!

Albert needs one thing - confidence.

Put him on the bench and bring him on for the last ten minutes when he's up against tiring defenders and where the game opens up.

Do that until he gets his confidence back. Then we'll have a terrific player again.

Also, why do we alway give him the ball to his feet? he should be making runs BEHIND THE DEFENCE

Go direct ..............

Play Wood and Stead up front with Pitman behind.

Wood and Stead will win their fair share of long balls and Pitman could benefit from running (?) onto knock downs.

Play narrow, and play long ball.

Keep opponents in their own half........................ Needs must.

Go direct ..............

Wood and Stead will win their fair share of long balls and Pitman could benefit from running (?) onto knock downs.

No point in playing pitman if you go direct

Why does Del not play the team that played against Leicester. I thought that that worked brilliantly, with Bryan, playing really well. I also thought that when Albert did come on, in that game, this is when Leicester came back into the game as City looked alot more open ??

Agreed, i swear there were people on here who valued him at 10million a couple of months back....just shows that there are quite a few uneducated football people on here

yea was around the time maynard was going prices were 5-10 mil and bossing it in the prem douche bagsss :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Albert needs one thing - confidence.

Put him on the bench and bring him on for the last ten minutes when he's up against tiring defenders and where the game opens up.

Do that until he gets his confidence back. Then we'll have a terrific player again.

Also, why do we alway give him the ball to his feet? he should be making runs BEHIND THE DEFENCE

Agree with all this fella but we havent got anyone to play balls in behind a defence for Albert to run on to.

Until we have we will just have to get used to his runs from a standing position when he's got 2 blokes in front of him.

Hasn't been the same player since he was butchered at coventry.

Needs a break for now, just to have a rest.

Yes ever since he was assaulted at Cov he hasn't been the same player. Yet another who must be unfit and therefore struggling.

I agree, we look more solid with 4 midfield players rather than 3 midfield players and a winger.

But as with all of our players struggling with form & fitness (Cisse, McManus, Carey, Stead, Pearson, Adomah & Killa) they must be telling DMC that they'll put in a stint for the cause despite their knocks or form . . . and for that they must have our wholehearted support.

What I have thought for the past few games now is other clubs have him sussed. Even last night when he got the ball he immediately had 3 on him as did others, but against Cardiff and other previous games, they put two or three on him and surround him.

I think he is lacking confidence but also other clubs have his game sussed and he has no plan B.

MM

i don't think they've sussed his game.....

he just comes so deep to get the ball to feet from right next to the Right back that he's having to pass 3 players before he's even in their half.....hes in the mix with their left mid, 2 centre mids and the defence.....

he has to realise that he doesn't have to run with the ball at his feet all the time....

sometimes stay up on the full back and offer something in front of our midfield so it gives them an option to knock it over or through to run onto with his pace..... he should be terrifying full backs .... but he doesn't get

anywhere near them ....

i don't think they've sussed his game.....

he just comes so deep to get the ball to feet from right next to the Right back that he's having to pass 3 players before he's even in their half.....hes in the mix with their left mid, 2 centre mids and the defence.....

he has to realise that he doesn't have to run with the ball at his feet all the time....

sometimes stay up on the full back and offer something in front of our midfield so it gives them an option to knock it over or through to run onto with his pace..... he should be terrifying full backs .... but he doesn't get

anywhere near them ....

Correct.

yea was around the time maynard was going prices were 5-10 mil and bossing it in the prem douche bagsss :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

pathetic how some people talk up how good he is just because he is with Bristol City.....10mil give me strength......cant remember who said it but it was more than a few mate

If pitman doesn't have a great game next game I'd be tempted to stick adomah up front alongside Stead. As crazy as it sounds I think could work quite well if he runs out wide then say have bolaise who they know each other inside out both with bags of pace.

People would say this is mad but I think we need to try anything to get out of this mess.

If pitman doesn't have a great game next game I'd be tempted to stick adomah up front alongside Stead. As crazy as it sounds I think could work quite well if he runs out wide then say have bolaise who they know each other inside out both with bags of pace.

People would say this is mad but I think we need to try anything to get out of this mess.

Wouldn't say it's mad at all mate. One thing we are lacking is someone upfront with pace to stretch defenses and run in behind teams. Last night was a perfect example of this, we had no ideas what so ever and Taylor and Nosworthy just cleaned up anything we threw at them.

Considering Albert is out of form, and has been worked out by teams when playing out wide, maybe giving him the freedom up top without any defensive responsibilities could work for us? I am up for trying anything at present.

No point in playing pitman if you go direct

Go direct ..............

You can behind the front two, running onto the knockdowns....................... as per my original post

It worked well with Maynard and pitman Haynes taking players away from maynard with his pace. Adomah is less of a headless chicken aswell could see it working.Also at least he'd be further up pitch even if he has same amount of players marking him, ball is stuck to his foot like glue.Even though I doubt Ribs will ever play for us again .

I still remember him and Adomah last season the right side was just amazing how well they linked up and frightened the hell out of all defenders in there path.

There seemed to something seriously wrong with the mindset of many of the players last night. Pitman seemed in a right strop right from the off arguing with macca over who to take the free kick. He had a total shocker, as did macca. Stead ran his socks off and Albert just seemed to have his Forrest gump head on running down one blind alley after another. Why has joe Bryan not been called back into the side? We scored 3 goals in the only game he has featured in! If he,s still feeling leggy, as McKinnes put it , we must have some seriously dodgy fitness coaches. He,s 18 FFs !

Archived