IGNORED

Cardiff V Coventry

Super

Coventry have been playing well for months now but just not getting the breaks, they were winning at Blackpool until the last 5 minutes, they were also winning somewhere else (can't remember where) and lost in the last minute.

Anyone who thinks we will have an easy time against them is in dreamland, we will struggle to get a point on our current form.

BCAGFC

You have summarised the difference between now and previous bad times very well. I don't think anybody questioned the attitude of the last team to be relegated from this league but so many people remark to me on the shoulder shrugging indifference of the current squad. I can imagine many of them if challenged responding with the modern footballer's stock reply - "How much do you earn?"

As to too good to go down I have referred before to the only thing Pulis ever did here that impressed me; he remarked that there were too many players at the club who thought they were better than they were. I suspect that is even truer now. I stopped going for health reasons but I would not have renewed my ST anyway. Overpaid players with attitude, a hapless manager safely in their pockets who was also the owner's pet, a club with disdain for its fans and an owner who had lost interest would have been enough for me to call an end to 50 years at Ashton Gate anyway.

Do you suppose anybody at the club is the least bit bothered if the likes of us decide we have had enough? Thought not. A game run by players, for players with owners and fans dumb enough to keep filling their pockets. I want nothing to do with a game where, for example, Tal Ben Haim is paid £50k a week at Pompey, including bloody image rights for Pete's sake, while ordinary staff are sacked, local businesses go unpaid and the club teeters on the brink. Enough is enough.

Presumably this will be your final post then.

Chinapig, I sympathise with your view, but for clarity, Ben haim isn't paid image rights because he is famous or handsome, it's purely a tax dodge that the Hmrc are keen to cut down on, if not eradicate entirely .( but yes, 50k for a second division player is absolutely ludicrous)

Not looking too clever. Alf, I,m with you re giving the gate a miss. I love my club having started going to the gate in 1977. But with the sheer cost of it all for myself and my two boys coupled with the abject lack of passion on the pitch I feel almost relieved at the thought of giving city a wide birth for a while. Never thought I'd feel this way but the board's utter silence re our plight leave's me wondering if it is indeed only the fans that feel the pain.

B*****ds just wouldn't give in and that's exactly why we can't just rely on trying to win our "easier more winnable" home games as many people have said, they aint gunna be so "winnable" unless we show some similar type of fight and passion!

without stating the obvious the commentators made several references to us and catching us and that they have to play down the gate, they were right up for it and played well, judging from what i heard. If we dont improve rapid they will turn us over easily.

No chance we're surviving, we're getting nothing whilst all three teams below us are getting points here and there and one of them already had 10 points taken off of them. In reality we'll be lucky not to end up dead last!

What is clear is that confidence at BCFC is lower than any other club in the league.

We deserve to go down, we ALL know that.

How can a Coventry team who have little quality and full of youngsters show real fight and hunger, where as us, full of proven players show **** all.

What is clear is that confidence at BCFC is lower than any other club in the league.

We deserve to go down, we ALL know that.

How can a Coventry team who have little quality and full of youngsters show real fight and hunger, where as us, full of proven players show **** all.

Also, it don't help that the Taffys are dog shite!

Archived