IGNORED

Ribeiro

BCFC Jordan

Adam Baker@bean_head

Sean Davis' loan ends as he is back at Bolton. Cole Skuse still a week away. Christian Ribeiro is back from his loan spell at S****horpe.

Time for him, Joe Edwards and/or Jordan Spence to get there chance on Saturday, Can't be any worse than our so called 'best defemce' anyway.

I thought I read the Scunny boss say he was injured? Maybe not.

Ribs is out with a hamstring injury

It's almost like a running joke with this kid now - all the ability and potential but made of glass.

As an aside, do we have to put a second treatment room in as an overflow? So many injuries our sports scientist kunle must be really earning his corn at the moment... :grr:

It's almost like a running joke with this kid now - all the ability and potential but made of glass.

As an aside, do we have to put a second treatment room in as an overflow? So many injuries our sports scientist kunle must be really earning his corn at the moment... :grr:

I think he left the club in september

I think youve hit the nail on the head..ive been saying for 18 months that our training and body strengthening regieme isnt good enough for a professional football side. too many training ground injuries.

If fit I would put Ribeiro in a midfield 5. He's got a football brain, which is quite unique to this club. He's better going forward than defending.

I wouldn't I'd go 3-5-2 and play him and foster as wing backs with Cisse sitting infront of the back "3" the new lad and Pearson in the middle and Wood and Stead up front

Scunny Gaffer

"He wasn't in the team now though and we thought it was probably best he went back to his parent club."....so couldnt get in a League 1 team?

Recalled by City, so what the S****horpe manager says is irrelevant.

I'd pitch Ribeiro straight in at centre back at Middlesbro.

When he played there in a 3 under Millen he was our best centre back by far, in fact our best player on the pitch more than once.

Scunny Gaffer

"He wasn't in the team now though and we thought it was probably best he went back to his parent club."....so couldnt get in a League 1 team?

thats pretty damning for the lad if he can't get into a team battling against relegation to league two,

I hope he is injured

Recalled by City, so what the S****horpe manager says is irrelevant.

I'd pitch Ribeiro straight in at centre back at Middlesbro.

When he played there in a 3 under Millen he was our best centre back by far, in fact our best player on the pitch more than once.

I like the lad...but its not irrelevant...he couldnt get in their team means he wasnt playing well enough or wasnt fit enough.

Im happy for him to start for us, we dont have much else but was just saying he couldnt even get in their team.

thats pretty damning for the lad if he can't get into a team battling against relegation to league two,

I hope he is injured

I think he was injured last weekend (minor hamstring) so didn't play, but is OK now.

We badly need players, ( we're now to 15 or 16 without Ribs and Ephraim) especially defenders, so presumably Del has ordered him back.

I think he was injured last weekend (minor hamstring) so didn't play, but is OK now.

We badly need players, ( we're now to 15 or 16 without Ribs and Ephraim) especially defenders, so presumably Del has ordered him back.

Thats alright then, I don't rate him but he does give it his all so chuck him in

I like the lad...but its not irrelevant...he couldnt get in their team means he wasnt playing well enough or wasnt fit enough.

Im happy for him to start for us, we dont have much else but was just saying he couldnt even get in their team.

I think he played in the vast majority of games during his loan spell, but as I said above, was not available last w/e.

He has been recalled by City so the S****horpe manager didn't have the option of keeping him.

Under those circumstances it's quite natural for him to big up the players he has left at his disposal, rather than saying he'd like to have kept Ribeiro and therefore put someone's nose out of joint just when he needs them to step in to the fray.

Thats alright then, I don't rate him but he does give it his all so chuck him in

Don't rate him?

Did you not see the games when Millen originally took over as caretaker?

As part of a back 3 he was absolutely outstanding, defending well and surging forward at every opportunity. A far better player than Louis Carey at the time, whose mistakes he mopped up on numerous occasions.

Writing him off because of his injuries is understandable but writing him off for a perceived lack of talent is almost unbelievable.

Scunny Gaffer

Wasnt he signed though as cover for the injurred RB and Club Captain Chris Byrne who is now returned fit and playing well ? I would be suprised if any side would retain a loanee and pay his salary to bench warm in such a situation....apart from us that is of course :laugh: Must be a difficult situation for the Scunny Manager who said on the local news that he wanted to retain Ribs until the end of the season but couldnt guarantee he would get the RB spot back unless Byrne was injurred.

Reading between the lines in the Riberio saga and from other posts its seems that the guy is keen to be playing football in order to attract interest for next season when he becomes a free agent..He appears to have kept fit in the main and played well at Carlisle and S****horpe this season according to both managers so perhaps hes looking for another short term loan until May, when he will be off Cities books for good.

Anyway did anyone see the ball that another ex City fullback Bradley Orr, swung in for rangers winning goal against Pool.....almost italianesque...brilliant

Archived