IGNORED

"a Dressing Room Of Winners"

Rule The Waves

You can say the winners comment is way over the top, but I bet he's nearly on his own in that dressing room who's actually feeling hurt about how this club is performing. I bet all of the local lads are feeling like shi..e after every defeat, it may need Carey to do a Drogba in the dressing room to pass on how much it actually means to fans of the club. I guess most in that dressing room, of course they wont publically say it, it's an inconvenience more than a disaster.

Make no bones about it Carey has given nearly all his career here, is a fan of the club, and wants nothing more than to see us stay up, having so many loanees in their with him, I would say it's like talking in a different language.

Screech;

I would agree and don't doubt that Louis is one of very few in that dressing room who actually gives a toss about what happens to BCFC this season.

However, if he thinks we have a dressing room of winners, he is on another planet. A dressing room of losers would be more accurate, but I accept he can't say that in the press.

Dont be suprised if we come back with a point or 3 today; they will fight if they feel like it and they have a point to prove; Ask Southampton.

The loanees are temp prior to a clear out in the summer, which ever league we are in.

Who knows today could be pivitol if results at Coventry and Southampton go our way...........then again sh1t could really hit the fan if they dont and we get tanked :yawn:

Dont be suprised if we come back with a point or 3 today; they will fight if they feel like it and they have a point to prove; Ask Southampton.

The loanees are temp prior to a clear out in the summer, which ever league we are in.

Who knows today could be pivitol if results at Coventry and Southampton go our way...........then again sh1t could really hit the fan if they dont and we get tanked :yawn:

If I was one of those loanees I'd be busting a gut to get a result at Boro today. With so many out of contract in the summer there's a permanent job at this club to play for !!!!!!!!!!

If we manage to scrape it and stay up it will be a great effort from the situation we were in when DMcI took over. Yes we've had a recent run of poor form however I think we have got enough left in the tank to pull off some vital results. Then for a big clear out in the summer, could be interesting. I for one can't wait.

Fingers crossed we stay in the championship

COYR!

At 0-0 our "fight" isnt a problem.....the problem is, at 0-0 we jsut are not good enough...and as soon as we go behind, we capitulate.

I would love to know, out of the whole squad, how many of the players have actually had say, a sleepless night or not been able to sleep because they are worried about the teams position, and worried about letting people down.

I honestly dont think this is the case for any of them.....not even Louis. I think he knows his time is up, and next season he will be gone

"We have a dressing room full of winners here and pride is definitely a motivating factor. We see it in training every day and, if people could watch us, they would see it for themselves.

"It has not always been seen on the pitch, but now is the time to show that personal pride."

Well Louis, I 100% disgree with that - dressing room full of winners my arse.

There's a huge difference in being a "winner" on the training ground and being a "winner" when it actually matters, in front of thousands of people. I don't see any winners in this squad.

He also said that there were a lot of lads who "love it here".

I bet they do, but ask why they love it here and how that squares with us being in a relegation scrap. Which comes first - "loving it here" or the job ? Rhetorical question.

GJ once said that some footballers like the idea and lifestyle of being a footballer but not the hard graft and professional attitude that goes with it. He was right.

Wonder if anyone told Louis winners do it on the pitch, not on the training ground.

More drivel being spouted by the pr disaster that is Bristol city. Who the hell do they think they are kidding.

The more drivel and bs that spouts out of our club, the more I am starting to despise those involved.

Wonder if anyone told Louis winners do it on the pitch, not on the training ground.

More drivel being spouted by the pr disaster that is Bristol city. Who the hell do they think they are kidding.

The more drivel and bs that spouts out of our club, the more I am starting to despise those involved.

Couldnt agree more. Its a very, very poor attempt at trying to say/do something to appease the fans. Like Im said, a poor attempt at that.

Actions speak louder then words....and for me, this club over the last 2 years or so, have let the fans down so much.

The whole Millen appointment was a farce. The lack of transfer activity last season was a farce. The lack of proffesionalism from this club, behind the scenes and on the pitch, is a farce.

Well, playing devil's advocate, I read on the forum that most of the squad (in peoples opinion) are first division players who are better than average, but not championship standard, so, if the worst comes to the worst and we go down, is there a case for retaining a core of those players given that we've gone down and would need to cut our cloth accordingly?

my own view is that if we do go down, each and every player should be got rid of, ans Delboy shouls attract young hungry players who want success badly.

I appreciate louis position though, what else could he say? he has to remain positive knowing the players are probably reading what he says. His commitment to the club is unquestioned, but in the harsh reality of modern professional football, time waits for no man and he is well past his championship sell by date. Shame because although he has put his body on the line for the club time and again, he may well be in danger of being remembered for a poor relegation season rather than the years of good service he gave us.

Glad most of you lot are'nt in the changing room before the game today, we really would not have a hope. Yes we are in a really bad position, yes we aint playing with any real confidence, yes there is a real possibility that we could go down. However, staying in this division IS still in our hands and EVERYONE must pull together for the last 8 games in order for us to have any chance of staying up. I know it's hard to stay positive all of the time but that's exactly what we need to do. If we think it's tough being a supporter just think how Del and the squad feel. Get a grip and get behind the team and stop your whinging things could be a lot worse just ask Fabrice and his family.

Glad most of you lot are'nt in the changing room before the game today, we really would not have a hope. Yes we are in a really bad position, yes we aint playing with any real confidence, yes there is a real possibility that we could go down. However, staying in this division IS still in our hands and EVERYONE must pull together for the last 8 games in order for us to have any chance of staying up. I know it's hard to stay positive all of the time but that's exactly what we need to do. If we think it's tough being a supporter just think how Del and the squad feel. Get a grip and get behind the team and stop your whinging things could be a lot worse just ask Fabrice and his family.

If you seriously believe the players are giving everything to the cause I think it's you who needs to get a grip. They gave it their all when GJ left, they gave it their all when Keith Millen left, most of those players now are not getting anywhere near those levels at the moment. They choose when and where they want to do it.

If you seriously believe the players are giving everything to the cause I think it's you who needs to get a grip. They gave it their all when GJ left, they gave it their all when Keith Millen left, most of those players now are not getting anywhere near those levels at the moment. They choose when and where they want to do it.

....and they were 'giving everything to the cause' when losing 0-1 away to Crawley Town in the FA Cup. The current BCFC squad is seriously erratic in that they can do the double over Southampton in the Championship and yet lose to Div 2 Crawley Town in the FA Cup. I hope we've got the side out today with the mentality of the side that did the double over Southampton.

Couldnt agree more. Its a very, very poor attempt at trying to say/do something to appease the fans. Like Im said, a poor attempt at that.

Actions speak louder then words....and for me, this club over the last 2 years or so, have let the fans down so much.

The whole Millen appointment was a farce. The lack of transfer activity last season was a farce. The lack of proffesionalism from this club, behind the scenes and on the pitch, is a farce.

coincided with a chairman change.

Being charitable, footballers are not always terribly articulate and not likely to be skilled at choosing the right words. Louis' statement is self evidently ridiculous, unless we are all reading the table upside down, but he might be forgiven for not being very good with words. Again being charitable let's assume he was trying to tell us the players really care and are trying but didn't express it very well. Perhaps he feels, or has been instructed, that he has to say it, even if he doesn't believe it. Perhaps the media department should have coached him better and advised a different form of words rather than saying something that was likely to increase fans' cynicism.

Incidentally, the whole "you should see how great we are in training" bit is redolent of cricketers who have gone long periods not scoring runs telling us how well they are playing in the nets. The fact that they cannot see that that is at best irrelevant suggests a certain lack of insight, so to speak.

There is however a more worrying possibility; that is that he actually believes it to be true, regardless of the evidence. Somebody has already referred to Johnson's perceptive comments about liking being footballers but not liking playing football. I apologise for quoting for the umpteenth time the only sensible thing Pulis said when he was here, i.e. that there were too many players at the club who thought they were better than they were. Could it be that Louis' statement shows that to still be true now?

Totally agree Chinapig. it also reminds me of an interview i heard with Tinnion on the eve of that ill-fated swansea match where he almost chanted how he 'was going to get it right', and he 'was working hard to turn things around'. It seems if you repeat things over and over you get to believe them. This team of winners is similar.

I'm all for confidence boosting but you have to be realistic. we are where we are, and have deserved to be over the season, because of results and performances.

Being charitable, footballers are not always terribly articulate and not likely to be skilled at choosing the right words. Louis' statement is self evidently ridiculous, unless we are all reading the table upside down, but he might be forgiven for not being very good with words. Again being charitable let's assume he was trying to tell us the players really care and are trying but didn't express it very well. Perhaps he feels, or has been instructed, that he has to say it, even if he doesn't believe it. Perhaps the media department should have coached him better and advised a different form of words rather than saying something that was likely to increase fans' cynicism.

Incidentally, the whole "you should see how great we are in training" bit is redolent of cricketers who have gone long periods not scoring runs telling us how well they are playing in the nets. The fact that they cannot see that that is at best irrelevant suggests a certain lack of insight, so to speak.

There is however a more worrying possibility; that is that he actually believes it to be true, regardless of the evidence. Somebody has already referred to Johnson's perceptive comments about liking being footballers but not liking playing football. I apologise for quoting for the umpteenth time the only sensible thing Pulis said when he was here, i.e. that there were too many players at the club who thought they were better than they were. Could it be that Louis' statement shows that to still be true now?

Could be we have too many players who think they are as good as what they get paid each week.

Archived