IGNORED

One Red Card A Game ?

longyears

Look on the bright side though........... It was McGivern ! ! On a serious note , listening to the commentary today it sounded the loanees really put a shift in! How can they show more passion after 5 mins at the club than many of our squad who have been here for years. ?

Believe it or not, there are 4 other clubs with more reds than us this season, and 3 with more penalties conceded - and in terms of fouls conceded, we're 17th lowest (or 8th best).

Interesting to know, Any idea where we are on the list of penalties gained and penalties scored this season, as per most seasons we seem to be lacking in this department! Not sure if we don't dive enough or our player need a bit of training from Tom Daley!

Interesting to know, Any idea where we are on the list of penalties gained and penalties scored this season, as per most seasons we seem to be lacking in this department! Not sure if we don't dive enough or our player need a bit of training from Tom Daley!

No-one can be below us in penalties scored, as we haven't scored any.

I doubt that many have had as few as 2 awarded, either, whereas the likes of Southampton and Palace seem to get them all the time....!

http://www.statbunker.com/football/btb/index.php?PL=competition&CompID=370&statType=teampen

Last place in pens awarded with one, which was missed! Only 4 conceeded though which is mid table. Also second most yellows with 70 (Brighton top with 77 surprisingly) and 4 red cards leaving us 4th behind Brighton and Leicester (6) and West Ham (5).

If there's a sad stat out there I can find it!!

http://www.statbunke...tatType=teampen

Last place in pens awarded with one, which was missed! Only 4 conceeded though which is mid table. Also second most yellows with 70 (Brighton top with 77 surprisingly) and 4 red cards leaving us 4th behind Brighton and Leicester (6) and West Ham (5).

leeds away and leicester away, 2 pens this season, both missed by nicky

McGivern took one for the team yesterday and should be praised for stopping Jutkiewicz from scoring a certain goal rightly or wrongly he has come in for a lot of stick this season but yesterday credit where credits due he saved us from losing.

It seems a lot as they have all come recently but its only 5 this season i remember getting 3 in one match years back

It's six this season so far!

Pearson - Crawley (a)

Carey - Reading (a)

Wilson - Leeds (h)

Bolasie - Leeds (h)

Fontaine - Watford (h)

McGivern - Middlesbro' (a)

McGivern took one for the team yesterday and should be praised for stopping Jutkiewicz from scoring a certain goal rightly or wrongly he has come in for a lot of stick this season but yesterday credit where credits due he saved us from losing.

Can't see that as the Radio Bristol Comm said the ball was running away from Jutkiewicz. Were you there and did you see the incident??

http://www.statbunke...tatType=teampen

This is possibly the greatest website I have ever seen.

Watched an old Big Match on telly yesterday - FA Cup 1/4 final Man U v Everton from 1983. If that match was played today they would be down to 5 a side by half time yet there were few free kicks and only 1 booking if I remember rightly. Plenty of challenges that went unpunished would be straight reds these day.

It was not a dirty match by any means, but a proper old fashioned game and for all the physicality I cant remember seeing one one dive. Kevin Moran was nearly knocked out going for header where he was whacked by the elbow of the Everton forward but there were no appeals for a booking or sending off. Whether a coincidence Im not sure, but the only foreigner playing was Arnold Murhen ( unless you count a load of Scots!) Back then few foreigners playeed in England, and while there is little doubt that foreign players coming over here has increased the skill on display in the English game, I dont think it a coincidence that the massive increase in foreign players has coincided with a corresponding increase in diving, play acting and trying to get opponents booked and sent off - although plenety of british players have become pretty adept at one or more of these "skills".

Watching MOTD last night and comparing it the Big Match I watched earlier I think that the game has gone backwards due to the way the rule makers have overinterfered with the interpretation of the laws of the game. Innocuous challenges now get a booking and far too many players seem to have no ability to withstand any sort of physical challenge and go down like a sack of spuds at the slightest contact.

Seeing that game from'83 made me realise just how much physical contact has been taken out of the game. How much longer before the rule makers all but eliminate physical contact completely (they are running a trial in Barcelona's games I think!) and ruining forever the game I have loved playing and watching all my life.

McGivern's chalenge was clumsy but it did look like he denied a clear goalscoring chance, so he probably had to go. Had the decision been at the other end, I suspect Boro would have got away with it, because when you at the bottom nothing tends to go your way. The rest of our red cards probably reflect our season - lack of discipline generally, players not concentrating and making too many defensive mistakes. I stand to be corrected, but under GJ we were a combative team but I think we had one of the best disciplinary records in the division, so battling doesn't have to lead to more red and yellow cards. If being shambolic was a disciplinary offence under the laws of the game, then we have probably got what we deserved this season!

Can't see that as the Radio Bristol Comm said the ball was running away from Jutkiewicz. Were you there and did you see the incident??

No wasnt there myself but spoke to my Nephew after the game whos a Boro season ticket holder and was there. I have seen the highlights now and still think he would have scored so think he did the right thing.

Re: the number of penalties we've been awarded.

Surely to earn penalties, you have to be in and around the opponents area quite a bit? Would explain why we don't get many!!

True enough but when you get situations like Albert against Coventry away it's hardly encouraging. That decision not only cost us points but I don't think that Albert has been properly fit since.

Archived