IGNORED

Jon Stead

CiderJar

You've got to love Jon Stead's commitment to the cause, but don't take my word for it, here are some Boro fans views:

"Outstanding today, won everything in the air and made Bates look very average !

Should have scored with that curled shot in 2nd half. The best player on the pitch ! "

"He always causes us trouble. Nothing against the Juke but did Stead cost £2m? "

"With a bit more experience The Juke could be just as good as Stead but I agree he was head and shoulders the best player on the pitch today. "

"I remember his debut for Blackburn at The Riverside when Souness signed him from Huddersfield . Scored the only goal ."

"He was mentioned far too often on the comms for my liking, often with a chance on goal "

"worked very hard and bossed Bates all game,Hines fared slightly better when they came together but he had a solid game. "

"even out paced our defence at one point "

http://fansonline.net/middlesbrough/mb/view.php?id=3148861

I've always been backing Stead as our best centre forward. Not only does he put in an epic shift he's an intelligent footballer with a touch of class about him. His promise as a youngster never transpired but you can tell he's got something about him. Top Championship striker. Adding to that he seems like a perfectly professional player.

STEAD!

Seems to be back to the form of last season, when he probably would've pushed Albert hard for the player of the season had he not been injured for final two months.

You can never doubt his commitment, but I'm not sure he's ever been 100% fit this season when having been played in fits and starts previously.

Following him on Twitter he really does care about the club and seems like a real genuine bloke.

If we stay up, one of the jobs for the summer will be to find him a partner up front - Pitman and Stead does not seem to work as a pairing and he does not score enough to play up front on his own.

A signing many did not want to happen but now most fans favourite player I would think. Top, top man.

Great player, Ive always thought he should be played even when Maynard was there. They shouldve played with Maynard running off him as Maynard couldnt hold the ball up to save his life!! When Stead gets a run in the team he always seems to get a few goals and a part in other players goals!!

You've got to love Jon Stead's commitment to the cause, but don't take my word for it, here are some Boro fans views:

"Outstanding today, won everything in the air and made Bates look very average !

Should have scored with that curled shot in 2nd half. The best player on the pitch ! "

"He always causes us trouble. Nothing against the Juke but did Stead cost £2m? "

"With a bit more experience The Juke could be just as good as Stead but I agree he was head and shoulders the best player on the pitch today. "

"I remember his debut for Blackburn at The Riverside when Souness signed him from Huddersfield . Scored the only goal ."

"He was mentioned far too often on the comms for my liking, often with a chance on goal "

"worked very hard and bossed Bates all game,Hines fared slightly better when they came together but he had a solid game. "

"even out paced our defence at one point "

http://fansonline.ne....php?id=3148861

Good to read a thread saying what a good player he is!

Coming out the ground yesterday walking to the car park, 2 boro fans I heard on phones to there mates saying stead was mom and there defence couldn't handle him, also they thought the coloured guy at the back for us (bikey) was immense and took no prisoners.

Think they summed up both performances perfectly.

His height is the key for us...if only the other ten players were as committed as he seems to be. Playing for so many clubs he always needs to prove himself wherever he goes.

MADS JUNKER,and DANIAL LARSSON are free next year.If you could land any one off them you would do well.Perfect little and large strike force.JUNKER has a good goal scoring record in Holland.And is a Danish internatonal,and Larsson is a Swedish internatonal.

MADS JUNKER,and DANIAL LARSSON are free next year.If you could land any one off them you would do well.Perfect little and large strike force.JUNKER has a good goal scoring record in Holland.And is a Danish internatonal,and Larsson is a Swedish internatonal.

This is about Jon Stead, why put this on here?

Probably because someone else on this thread said about finding Jon Stead a perfect partner for next season? Rather unnecessary if you ask me. And your post ironically added nothing to the discussion either!

I didn't add anything as I didn't see him play. Unfair for me to comment.

However the post by the Jock wasn't about a perfect partner, just two random players.

I didn't add anything as I didn't see him play. Unfair for me to comment.

However the post by the Jock wasn't about a perfect partner, just two random players.

The strikers that I mentioned are free.Junker would get a ton off goals in the championship.Lets face it you wont get a proven goal scorer at that level like Jay Rodriguez who is also free.And I bet you wont even land Simoen Jackson from Norwich for free.Who would bury plenty off chances at that level.Another wee pacey guy like Larsson is.

The strikers that I mentioned are free.Junker would get a ton off goals in the championship.Lets face it you wont get a proven goal scorer at that level like Jay Rodriguez who is also free.And I bet you wont even land Simoen Jackson from Norwich for free.Who would bury plenty off chances at that level.Another wee pacey guy like Larsson is.

But whats this gotta do with jon stead being a good footballer?

Bringing in Wood has bought the best of of Stead. He knows if his perfromances drop, Wood will take his place.

Both players are very similar (not that you need telling that), but Jon has a much better touch and workrate (IMO).

I just hope he keeps it up when Wood goes home!

Competition for places will equal better performances all round. Too many players has been played, beacuse there is nothing better in reserve.

After Watford, I was dreading the next home game, but with the new additions to the squad, now can't wait!

Still confident we will stay up. :fingerscrossed:

Last summer I was walking the dog and bumped into him running, this was just after 7am, and I wondered how many other players would be out at that time of the day, not many I bet.

Say's it all to me about his dedication and work ethos, great pro.

Probably just coming home from a night out :whistle:

Last few games he has tried his damn hardest to make a difference - fair play to him.............now needs to do that EVERYGAME

Archived