IGNORED

After Cotterill, Who Was The Last Player We Sold On At A Profit?

Mad Cyril

The 1920's were O.K. I can recall 2 players being sold to fund the building of the covered end (now the Wedlocks). It's been a bit quiet since then.

On a related note, if 2 players could fund building the covered end in the 1920's, it we sold the current entire squad, how much of the new ground would it fund? My estimate is it might pay for the corner flags and a burger van.

The 1920's were O.K. I can recall 2 players being sold to fund the building of the covered end (now the Wedlocks). It's been a bit quiet since then.

On a related note, if 2 players could fund building the covered end in the 1920's, it we sold the current entire squad, how much of the new ground would it fund? My estimate is it might pay for the corner flags and a burger van.

Steady on... burger vans can be quite expensive.

Watford have always had a decent academy. The likes of Ashley Young, Marvin Sordell, Chris Eagles and Theo Robinson started their careers at Watford. Even the great Steve Brooker did!

Watford like Palace have a great catchment area of local, largely black talent. Unfortunately Bristol is located in an area where 1)football isn't as big as other parts of the country 2) it's quite a pricey well off area......where as palace and Watford have a lot of very young, poor, black talent.

And as we all know, the best players in history have tended tO be from very poor areas.

Also, it's no coincidence that a large number of the top players coming through the system at these clubs are black.....and Bristol doesn't have the same numbers as these clubs in terms of the black population.

From the top of my head

Doyley

Sordell

Mariappa

Zaha

Scanell

Young

Watfords current striker whose name I forgot

Clyne

You'd never have enough left over to buy one of the burgers though.

I can buy 3 laptops, 2 mp3 players and a bag of maltesters for the price of a bcfc burger.

Archived