IGNORED

Council Consider Alternatives For An Arena

fishy

The council think different, but the sorting office site would really be too small. Also there's no parking, and the roads there are already a nightmare

Our transport infrastructure needs massive improvements, if we build it on the sorting office, we would need to make big improvements on the rail infrastructure and try and make the most out of it. Link up BTM's to Avonmouth and we could have the cars out of there straight onto the motorway. I do think that the council lack that sort of ambition though.

I think since the council muted the site way back when, it's been listed. Since then it's been proposed as the new e4 studios, apartments, offices - but it's still there, an eyesore most people see on arrival.

In fairness location wise you couldn't get a better one for a modern stadium, being in the heart of Bristol. Just a shame it wasn't a slightly bigger site

know gonnabe controversial but would have preferred temple meads as new stadium site

transport links, pubs,

access in and out the place etc.

just think ashton vale out on a limb a bit

Not big enough site,

Transport links are awful by road no parking etc

alot of the pubs around there have shut

Access in and out is poor

we are moving half a mile from Ashton gate so pubs already in use will continue to be used

Wasn't the feasibility of this site questioned before, at considerable tax payers' expense? Only to be rejected.

So what's changed? Or is it a case of someone, somewhere will make a few more quid out of this little adventure before it's all shelved again!

it's all pie in the sky but the location would be perfect. pubs would open with the trade along with rejuvenation of the area, transport would need some looking at, but providing there was rail links from the park and ride schemes it would be fine and most importantly I live in barton hill so it would be close to my house.

it's all pie in the sky but the location would be perfect. pubs would open with the trade along with rejuvenation of the area, transport would need some looking at, but providing there was rail links from the park and ride schemes it would be fine and most importantly I live in barton hill so it would be close to my house.

Well Ashton Vale has the park and ride and city were putting buses on, when the portishead line reopens a station will be built at the former ashton gate stop all the pubs in bedminster will continue to get the match day business they are getting now,

Not big enough site,

Transport links are awful by road no parking etc

alot of the pubs around there have shut

Access in and out is poor

we are moving half a mile from Ashton gate so pubs already in use will continue to be used

Disagree .

Roads are always going to busy where every you build a arena or stadium. But Road access is not a major problem to BTM and there is plenty of parking near by but the downside is you will have to pay. Public transport will be the way to get to the ground buses and rail links are excellent. There is park and ride and Bris , long Ashton and portway which goes near BTM. Pub wise there are still plenty of pubs near by and of course you are very close to the City Centre. There is a lot to be said for City Centre grounds , Newcastle is a great example.

You mean the old headquarters in Hengrove Way?

Transformed into a new residential site called Lakeshore. Really impressive actually: http://www.urbansplash.co.uk/residential/lakeshore

Urban splash took their time finishing it mind!

Interestingly IT are moving out of the HQ down from the tobacco factory and into a new building over road from back of east end. One presumes that the old building will be up for sale at some point. Tobacco Factory 2.. Not sure it'll be sold for 200k like the other one though!

Archived