IGNORED

Birmingham City Reserve Game

djb6162

Why is Bryan playing in this? He should be considered first team squad now otherwise what was the point in playing him the other week?

What?!

Apart from first team regulars who will start every week such as Adomah, Stead, Cisse etc - All other squad members will play reserve games for match fitness and game sharpness. Bryan should certainly be playing as much reserve football as possible

Why is Bryan playing in this? He should be considered first team squad now otherwise what was the point in playing him the other week?

I'd argue Woolford and Bolasie are more first team squad members than Joe Bryan and they're playing???

Because bryan struggled with pace of the game due to fitness but he will get there..Players that dont start at first team level need to keep match fitness up.

Really don't see the point playing Spence. He clearly won't feature anymore for us, better off sticking another youngster in.

exactly why i started the thread, a late season friendly, the only thing worth finding out was if some of the youth team could cut it

absolutely pointless playing some of the above.

i get the match fitness bit, but a number of that starting eleven will never start for the first team again so match fitness is irrelevant

what i want to know is how many more Joe Bryans are there, judging on this, another game on, and nobody will be the wiser

just don't get it.

Any excuse to have a pop!

What are you on about mate? Any excuse to have a pop? You must have me confused with someone else.

If Joe Bryan isn't fit enough for the pace of the first team how the hell is he going to get it playing in the reserves? He played well for 60 mins on his debut then wasn't even on the bench the week after and didn't get on last week (was he even on the bench?). He played well enough to be given more game time for the first team no point him getting knackered in the reserves (if he can't play 2 games a week)

That's my point, Bryan should be a first team regular ahead of Woolford and Bolaise. If he plays today would he be fit for saturday? Why didn't he play last saturday?

Bryan shouldn't be a first team regular. Fact is he ain't good enough yet to command a place over Woolford or Bolasie.

Chances are we will sign someone to fill that spot on the summer.

Bryan shouldn't be a first team regular. Fact is he ain't good enough yet to command a place over Woolford or Bolasie.

Chances are we will sign someone to fill that spot on the summer.

If he can't be selected ahead of woeful, he should retire now!

Archived