IGNORED

Would You Swap Places?

allyolly

We are probably still fortunate to still be outside the relegation zone given our recent run of results but the better performances in our two most recent away games should at least give us hope.

The bottom line is our destiny is still completely in our own hands. Given that would you want to swap places with the 3 teams below us and if so who?

We are probably still fortunate to still be outside the relegation zone given our recent run of results but the better performances in our two most recent away games should at least give us hope.

The bottom line is our destiny is still completely in our own hands. Given that would you want to swap places with the 3 teams below us and if so who?

I wouldn't swap places with any of them. Without wishing to state the obvious , they need to pick up more points than us to overhaul us , so points on the board is more beneficial at this time.

I would probably swap our FORM with all 3 though !!!

Sorry but logic says we will be relegated.

Portsmouth are a better side than their position and will almost certainly climb out of the relegation zone. They are there because of the points deduction not their results.

Notts F and Millwall are starting to put some daylight between themselves and the bottom three.

That says us, Donnie and Coventry will be relegated.

There is nothing ( form, recent results et al ) to indicate otherwise.

I am resigned to it and would ( to answer your original question ) swap places with Pompey if we could have all their players as well.

Otherwise dream on - I fear we are going down.

Portsmouth are a better side than their position and will almost certainly climb out of the relegation zone. They are there because of the points deduction not their results.

Notts F and Millwall are starting to put some daylight between themselves and the bottom three.

I am resigned to it and would ( to answer your original question ) swap places with Pompey if we could have all their players as well.

I disagree, I believe it will be Coventry who will escape the drop, and we'll finish in the lousy 23rd spot.

Coventry

Portsmouth

Bristol City

Doncaster

- I find it ridiculous however that Portsmouth has taken ONLY a 10 point hit.

This weekend is absolutely pivotal.

Looking at the fixtures I would say ourselves and Pompey have the most winnable games on paper.

If we do our part - Millwall/Forest could be dragged right back into it with defeat/draws in their tricky away games.

I think if Donny lose to Brum they are pretty much guaranteed to go down.

Unfortunately for us- i think the fear factor has returned to playing at home and cant see us beating Derby.

City - Derby

Donny - Birmingham

Cardiff - Millwall

Palace - Forest

Hull - Coventry

Pompey - Burnley

Pompey have since lost a couple of players though, including Eric Husselklep who is utter class. Add that on to the players not being sure if they have a job next season and you have shaky morale at the best of times. I think its safe to there is one relegation spot decided (Hoping no one really reads this so when it comes back to bite me in the behind I can deny I ever said it)

I disagree, I believe it will be Coventry who will escape the drop, and we'll finish in the lousy 23rd spot.

Coventry

Portsmouth

Bristol City

Doncaster

- I find it ridiculous however that Portsmouth has taken ONLY a 10 point hit.

Agreed, considering the twice aspect...... then they should have been down and out by now....... that still might not make our position any better really.

This weekend is absolutely pivotal.

Looking at the fixtures I would say ourselves and Pompey have the most winnable games on paper.

If we do our part - Millwall/Forest could be dragged right back into it with defeat/draws in their tricky away games.

I think if Donny lose to Brum they are pretty much guaranteed to go down.

Unfortunately for us- i think the fear factor has returned to playing at home and cant see us beating Derby.

City - Derby

Donny - Birmingham

Cardiff - Millwall

Palace - Forest

Hull - Coventry

Pompey - Burnley

There has been a post like this for every weekend, and the realities are that in this league, the results are highly unpredictable, and that every game involving Ourselves, Coventry, Doncaster, Pompey, Millwall and Notts Forest from now until the end of the season is huge for us.

Archived