IGNORED

Andre - To Be Fair

glastonred

I know that footballers are fond of cliches and catchphrases, but has anyone counted just how many "to be fairs" Andre Amougou used in his recent interview? Seemed to be every sentence had at least two mentions. It seems to be a common expression for footballers - wasn't Bradley Orr also fond of peppering his conversations with it?

Sounds like Peter Withe, ex Villa. I once heard an interview 2 mins long when he managed to fit 'to be fair' in 32 times!!!

In fairness to most Pro's, if they dont fit the obligatory 'to be fairs' or the Kevin from Bedminster 'ya knows', i think they'd get stuck for anything to say tbh!!

It's the last resort of a weak mind.

They struggle to speak publicly and therefore use these cliches as a means to pause and gain enough time to think of two more words before slipping in the next obligatory catchphrase

I think thats as much to do with the bland, retentive nature of most interview questions...

It's the last resort of a weak mind.

They struggle to speak publicly and therefore use these cliches as a means to pause and gain enough time to think of two more words before slipping in the next obligatory catchphrase

Oh Easton Boy............you are so wise and articulate..............but I think you can safely assume that City fans don't care if he suffers from Tourettes Syndrome, has a predispostion to break out into song between sentences and speaks in a heavily accented version of antiquated Klingon.....as long as he contributes to keeping a frig*ing clean sheet against Derby County...........we just have to hope for all our sakes that he's not smug and patronising.

Oh Easton Boy............you are so wise and articulate..............but I think you can safely assume that City fans don't care if he suffers from Tourettes Syndrome, has a predispostion to break out into song between sentences and speaks in a heavily accented version of antiquated Klingon.....as long as he contributes to keeping a frig*ing clean sheet against Derby County...........we just have to hope for all our sakes that he's not smug and patronising.

Mucker,

if he helps keep us up with outstanding performances, he can have first dibs at my missus whilst singing Klingon for all I care!

Archived