IGNORED

Petrol

Ron

I must admit I was a lemming on Thursday. I had half a tank of diesel in my van but being self employed I couldnt run the risk of having no fuel and not working, so I topped up. My van is my office I suppose. I blame this completely on the government

fair do's...self employed is different

So do I.... that dip stick who said "fill up jerry cans" should be sacked let alone resign... and the announcement of the "Army on standby" was almost like light the blue touch paper stand stand back..... Problem is that very few politicians in cabinet or their wifes or husbands if they have them ( some have both !!) never need to buy fuel ...so they have not got the merest clue what damage such stupid statements make to the livelihood of millions....

Spot on... it never amzes me the stupidity of the gullible British public....If the Torries said stick a peg up your ass and jump naked off Clifton bridge to safeguard fuel supplies they would do it...

Any fuel shortages in this country will not be caused by distribution problems moreover by indescriminate and panic buying.

I pulled into a garage yesterday and put £30 quids worth of derv in my almost empty car and the cashier said there were women and men who obvioulsy were retired or unemployed who had been queuing during the day just to put less than 10 worth of petrol in their expensive cars...one woman she said, topped up her Range Rover with £7.55 worth of Deisel after waiting for over 20 minutes !!!....what a stupid stupid person ...id want to get hold of her and give her a damn good........

Anyway ive got enough to get me to AG this afternoon and im squeezing another 4 in my car including Bigfatles so we should be ok for pushers if the fuel runs dry !

The older you get, the more you despair with the stupidity of the so called most intelligent species on earth.

I honestly believe if the government said there was going to be a shortage of cow shit, the fields would be full of numpties scraping up every cow pat they could find, with the more enterprising ones selling it again on ebay .......... and getting bidders!

So do I.... that dip stick who said "fill up jerry cans" should be sacked let alone resign... and the announcement of the "Army on standby" was almost like light the blue touch paper stand stand back..... Problem is that very few politicians in cabinet or their wifes or husbands if they have them ( some have both !!) never need to buy fuel ...so they have not got the merest clue what damage such stupid statements make to the livelihood of millions....

Tanker drivers need to take a long hard look at themselves as well. 45k a year is that not enough for them!?

when a soldier in Afgan is earning around 24k a year it puts it all into perspective

Tanker drivers need to take a long hard look at themselves as well. 45k a year is that not enough for them!?

when a soldier in Afgan is earning around 24k a year it puts it all into perspective

I think you'll find it's not about money for them selves,it's about mega rich companies employing third party drivers on half the wages for doing the same job.If companies want to earn as much profit as they can then there's nothing wrong with workers getting as much for them selves and workmates as they can.

Agree with every word you say and the dip stick is highly educated, they do not know the real World of struggling to bring a family up.

I must admit I was a lemming on Thursday. I had half a tank of diesel in my van but being self employed I couldnt run the risk of having no fuel and not working, so I topped up. My van is my office I suppose. I blame this completely on the government

No problem with that mate - your living relies on being able to get from A to B. It's the OAPs and housewives who have to the time to queue and top up with a few quids worth that get my goat.

Was on half a tank when the panic began, won't be needing more than that for the next week so I've stayed well clear.

I blame the press and media to some to degree as well. Hyping it up in papers and doing live reports from petrol stations has caused the panic be worse.

Not sure how the government have earnt millions from it, next month fuel duty will be equally as low as it was high this month. Maybe even less because people will be careful to not drive unnecessarily as well

I saw a comment on Twitter saying much the same, but the person added that the possible strike was over safety issues. Helmand or the M1, i'd know where I'd rather drive a tanker.

Archived