IGNORED

First Division Then...so Bad?

cityexile

Well, its the third division to me and always will be, but you catch my drift!

Gutting if it happens of course. Not the end of the world however - after a year of two of rebuilding, we become a bigger fish in a smaller pond, play offs, runs in the auto windscreen cup or whatever it is called now - the odd trip to Wembely most likely, then promotion and the cycle starts all over again.

With what has been spent on wages etc, feels so avoidable, but hey, the world will not have ended. Just turned around again - and we will still have some fun, right?

Well, its the third division to me and always will be, but you catch my drift!

Gutting if it happens of course. Not the end of the world however - after a year of two of rebuilding, we become a bigger fish in a smaller pond, play offs, runs in the auto windscreen cup or whatever it is called now - the odd trip to Wembely most likely, then promotion and the cycle starts all over again.

With what has been spent on wages etc, feels so avoidable, but hey, the world will not have ended. Just turned around again - and we will still have some fun, right?

Alternatively we could continue in a downward direction.

Yes it would be bad.

Ive spent most of my supporting years watching us in the third tier with hardly any national coverage.

On top of that i find it embarrassing a City of our size cant be represented by a decent football club and outshone by far smaller Cities and towns ..Peterborough, Watford, etc etc.

6th biggest city in England FFS !!!

Yes it would be bad. Very little if any T/V coverage, not likely to sign any good players, just more of the same and remember it took 9 years to get out of the third division last time. OH great times!!!!

At least you could turn up at the Gate and hope for a win. I think we've lost our way in the Championship and the feel good factor has gone from around the club. I know it's not in any way guaranteed(sp) but last time around in L1 we were winning 80% of our home games.

I see very little in this side to believe it would be a quick come back. I can not look at the team and see the 'grand design' taking place, if only it had been allowed more time to settle in. I would fully expect to struggle early on.

A complete rebuilding job, as importantly in what feels like the 'mood' of the camp at the moment. It feels almost churlish on the pitch sometimes. If by some unexpected recovery we stay up, I would not feel any more confident about next season.

Continue to hope of course, but not going to jump off a cliff if it does happen. Its still City, they will rebuild, and hopefully we can get back to enjoying going down the gate again.

One things for sure, we were'nt making anywhere near the losses in L1 that we are making in the Championship.

And there, in a nutshell, lies the issue of the Championship. We are trying to compete with ex prem clubs many with parachute payments, many with savings from those parachute payments, some who have mis-managed, and some, like us, who are really caught between a bit of a rock and a hard place. There should be a health warning to all those entering this divsion... get out of it as fast as you possibly can because it can seriously damage your health.

And.. you could argue, that City have the rear exit as a strategy they are prepared to stomach in order to rebuild on a more satisfactory and calm footing. its not as if it has not been tried and successfully executed in recent years and who would gamble against Charlton not being near the top of this division this time next year.

I see very little in this side to believe it would be a quick come back. I can not look at the team and see the 'grand design' taking place, if only it had been allowed more time to settle in. I would fully expect to struggle early on.

A complete rebuilding job, as importantly in what feels like the 'mood' of the camp at the moment. It feels almost churlish on the pitch sometimes. If by some unexpected recovery we stay up, I would not feel any more confident about next season.

Continue to hope of course, but not going to jump off a cliff if it does happen. Its still City, they will rebuild, and hopefully we can get back to enjoying going down the gate again.

Having a lot of players out of contract can be a good thing if you believe that you have the right manager in place to do the proper rebuilding job, however we could end up with more shite on long term contracts and back to square one.

Archived