IGNORED

I Would Not Mind If Bcfc Went Straight Back Up

Dorset_Cider

Clearly City, or rather Colin Sexstone, has planned for this eventuality. How else do you explain the crass decision to sell Maynard... 2 mil v 5 mil.. nice one colin.

Had Del been able to keep him until the end of the season, be done with the uncertainty, tell Nicky he can be a city hero and in the bargain keep everyone motivated we would, I am reasonably confident, have missed the drop. he left after colin faffed about, demotivated everyone into the bargain and here we are... little wonder.

As for bouncing back... invest and yes.. but where is the real evidence in recent seasons, since GJ left, that we have, can or are prepared to>??? Undisclosed fees do not tell us diddly jack dominoes about ambition.

If we went down, I would gladly settle right now for mid table with a plan emerging as to a strong team being built.

I could see us struggling in the first half particualarly. Having watched us in all leagues, the teams that struggle when relegated are the teams that are failing to create chances and score - basically like us.

Going down would not be so much of a problem for me if we went straight back up

But as previously stated...... if it's another ten years in league three then it sucks...... any thoughts?

I can't see it happening, we aren't Southampton though our reputation as a club has grown over the past few years being in the Championship. I just don't see us any bigger than the likes of Sheffield United/Wednesday even and we won't attract the sort of players needed for promotion overnight.

Spot on this squad needs major investment and has for a while look back to last summer our top signing was Killkenny.

My thoughts on the matter are that even when we do invest it always seems that we do not make the right investment...... there are others that seem to pull investment off far better than us as a club... why?

I think the city would be in the same position as PNE are in now if they go down! McInnes should be given time to start with a blank canvas get rid of all the dead wood and start from scratch! It could be a while til championship football is back down the gate.

I can't see it happening, we aren't Southampton though our reputation as a club has grown over the past few years being in the Championship. I just don't see us any bigger than the likes of Sheffield United/Wednesday even and we won't attract the sort of players needed for promotion overnight.

You're quite right. We have a very serous failing when it comes to picking footballers. I don't think its getting any better under McGinness - Richard Foster is a poor mans Jamie McAllister.

Archived