IGNORED

Our Midfield 3

Volta

No movement, no creativity, no pace and no power.

Granted Cisse is usually a rock but yesterday he was invisible......and while Kilkenny made mistakes at least he WANTED the ball.

Pearson was abysmal, he was anonymous.....didn't make runs, didn't offer an option, didn't try and beat people....he did nothing.

Our midfield 3 don't work as a unit, they are all individuals.....compare that to derby, especially Paul Green who, interlinked well and clearly knew each others games well.

Our midfield has arguably been the problem all season, why hasn't it been properly addressed?

Having read POTY posts last week I decided to watch Cisse especially closely as he'd probably get my vote. I actually thought he was pretty much faultless in the first half and was the only of the three who was completing passes and spreading play to the wings.

Then they came out for the second half and it seemed to me he had purposely been pushed forward of the three rather than Pearson (and to give Kilkenny room to play) and unsurprisingly as this is not his game, he became anonymous and was then taken off.

At one point he looked like he was playing in the hole which is a complete waste of what he is good at - although Pearson wasn't having a good game, surely if any of the three, he's better off there (Kilkenny being crap everywhere). Odd half time adjustment from DMC.

Kilkenny's wasted anywhere except just before the forward line. He has the defending presence of a cardboard cut-out. He makes Little Lee look like Kompany.

Pearson was so anonymous yesterday I thought he was still playing for Derby. Should've been subbed.

Kilkenny's wasted anywhere except just before the forward line. He has the defending presence of a cardboard cut-out. He makes Little Lee look like Kompany.

Pearson was so anonymous yesterday I thought he was still playing for Derby. Should've been subbed.

Should of been subbed but we didn't have the personnel to being on and change the midfield.

I was shocked at how bad Pearson was.

And while Kilkenny was poor, and made mistakes on the ball.....at least he wanted it and didn't completely disappear even of he did make a mess of it half the time.

The biggest thing today was the lack of movement, to be fair to Kilkenny, when he did have the ball, he didn't have the options that he should of had

Kilkenny is a poor player in that he can play in one position only, with one dimension to that position,

Cisse sat in front of the back four or one of 2 CMs is class, he is this seasons best player - though he does the job without fanfare you hardly notice him. Pearson, well he gives us some options, but it is hard to know how good/bad he is as the whole team are playing poorly - if everyone was running, making space, had their heads up would players Like Pearson shine and prove to be good signings ? It's impossible to tell....

Next season I would like to Cisse stay, but the rest to be honest (other than maybe Bolaise as he maybe a player for the future) can go as far as I am concerned.

I obviously meant just behind the forward line!

Fiale has a point though, Kilkenny is so limited, he's a luxury player we can't afford to carry at the moment.

Personally I think we've really missed the energy and commitment that Marvin Elliott brings to the team. Granted some of his passing can be a little suspect, but he always gives 100% and he pops up in the opposition box on a regular basis, something that just isnt happening now. His injury was a big big blow to our season.

Back to four four two with Cisse and Pearson as the midfield two. Both were fantastic against Leicester the other week with their closing down of the opposition. Kilkenny as far away from the team as possible.

agreed and drop albert, sorry i will probably get slaughtered for this but use him as an impact sub, we played with soo much more passion and were more commited againist leicester and cardiff - pearson plays better when he is in the centre, drop killa - just watched highlights and he was winging at the ref at full time - one other thing and maybe im reading too much into this - BP scores and the only player running to him and congratulating him is bikey,Albert was in the background just walking back, - maybe its me but in the position we are in with the pressure and everythng surely all the team should be going mad, back slapping and all that kinda stuff - if you get a chance watch it, you will see what i mean

agreed and drop albert, sorry i will probably get slaughtered for this but use him as an impact sub, we played with soo much more passion and were more commited againist leicester and cardiff - pearson plays better when he is in the centre, drop killa - just watched highlights and he was winging at the ref at full time - one other thing and maybe im reading too much into this - BP scores and the only player running to him and congratulating him is bikey,Albert was in the background just walking back, - maybe its me but in the position we are in with the pressure and everythng surely all the team should be going mad, back slapping and all that kinda stuff - if you get a chance watch it, you will see what i mean

Yep would agree! Been saying for a while we can't afford flamboyant wide men

Archived