IGNORED

Two Reasons Why We're Going Down

italian dave

There were two moments in the first half yesterday that summed up for me our season.

Ephraim picked up the ball just inside our half, went on a decent run forward but being well marshalled a couple of Derby players out wide: neverthe less he gets well forward, almost to the line. In all, he's had the ball probably 15/20 seconds - and in all that time not a single red shirt has got within 30 yards of him to give him any options whatsover. Result - a despairing pass to the edge of the box, where red shirts should have been, but where the Derby defence pick it up easily.

Towards the end of the half, Derby player on the right picks up the ball, 20 yards or so inside their half, advances down the wing - not a great speed, looking up for options, watching their players getting into position in the box, lining up for a cross, gets to a position about 10 yards from the line where he wants to make his cross from, and all this time not a single City player makes a move to try to put him off, get in the way, stop him from crossing. We just stand back and invite the cross.

I'd love to say that I thought we still had a chance, and that we could turn the opportunties we have, especially next weekend, to turn things around - but I just don't think that we have the will or the fight in our side to do it.

There were two moments in the first half yesterday that summed up for me our season.

Ephraim picked up the ball just inside our half, went on a decent run forward but being well marshalled a couple of Derby players out wide: neverthe less he gets well forward, almost to the line. In all, he's had the ball probably 15/20 seconds - and in all that time not a single red shirt has got within 30 yards of him to give him any options whatsover. Result - a despairing pass to the edge of the box, where red shirts should have been, but where the Derby defence pick it up easily.

Towards the end of the half, Derby player on the right picks up the ball, 20 yards or so inside their half, advances down the wing - not a great speed, looking up for options, watching their players getting into position in the box, lining up for a cross, gets to a position about 10 yards from the line where he wants to make his cross from, and all this time not a single City player makes a move to try to put him off, get in the way, stop him from crossing. We just stand back and invite the cross.

I'd love to say that I thought we still had a chance, and that we could turn the opportunties we have, especially next weekend, to turn things around - but I just don't think that we have the will or the fight in our side to do it.

There are so many things wrong with this crop.

A midfield which is void of pace, movement, power, finess, creativity and class.

Also, derby had so much time on the ball, there was no urgency to close them down.

Also, ephrahim made 2 good runs but not only did he have no support but there was no one in the

Box either......

I largely blame Stephen Pearson, he was te biggest offender.....he is the 1 who is supposed to get into the box or be an outlet. Yesterday he was just completely anonymous and couldn't seem to care less.

Archived